You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Liopleurodon bust in imitation of Bob Nicholls

Started by modelnut, June 09, 2021, 04:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelnut

Since I will probably not be making the journey to Nottingham, England, any time soon to see Bob Nicholls' life-sized Liopleurodon bust in person, I decided to recreate it in 1/24th scale here at home. Here are pictures of my just finished bust.

Here is my 1/24 scale bust beside Bob's 1/1:

Here it is with his plan that I found online in 2017:

And here is how I did it:

Now. What do I do next?

- Leelan

https://www.deviantart.com/modelnut/gallery

Justin_

The main difference I see is that yours has not got a tongue, or does it just not show in the photos? Otherwise it is really close.

DinoToyForum

Wow, that's brilliant. We moved this model the other day into position in a new gallery opening soon!

Lanthanotus

Great work. I like the vibrant paint job a lot :)

modelnut

Quote from: Justin_ on June 09, 2021, 07:54:17 PM
The main difference I see is that yours has not got a tongue, or does it just not show in the photos? Otherwise it is really close.

It does have a tongue. But it isn't raised as the museum bust has it. I thought about cutting out the toy's tongue and resulpting it but decided against it.

- Leelan

Smilodon P.

There is a striking similarity between the two heads! Congrats!

Libraraptor

modelnut

This forum needs LIKE buttons so that I can thank you all individually.

Thank you!

ceratopsian

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.