News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

X-Plus/Star Ace Allosaurus And Tumak: Lost At Sea

Started by Over9K, June 27, 2021, 01:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over9K

I just saw that X-Plus/Star Ace and Diamond Comics Distributors are telling retailers that Diamond's entire order of Allosaurus DX w/Tumak were lost at sea, when the container they were in was lost overboard. That means one of just two official sources for this product in North America, and the far bigger of the two, will have zero product to fill pre-orders.

Apparently, Sideshow DID get their product, but it appears as through the Sideshow examples may be the only ones that made it to the USA. Currently, X-Plus/Star Ace are determining whether or not a replacement run of figures is viable.

If you are pre-ordered for the Ray Harryhausen 100 Years Anniversary Series One Million Years B.C. Allosaurus DX with Tumak, you will want to inquire with your pre-order retailer, and if they have not yet been told of the situation, request they contact Diamond or X-Plus/Star Ace for information.

Over9K

... oh, and by the way... they found those Goku figures. They were actually still on the ship, and it took several months for the insurance company to determine what cargo remained on the ship, and what was lost. Apparently Bandai received their product back just a few weeks ago, and they're working to disseminate it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Well that definitely explains the delay..i'll have to contact Awesome Collector to cancel. BBTS currently some in stock after initially selling out.

Over9K

I'm glad the Allosaurus/Tumak people finally have at least some idea what happened... but the Triceratops folks are still in the dark...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on June 27, 2021, 09:48:53 PM
I'm glad the Allosaurus/Tumak people finally have at least some idea what happened... but the Triceratops folks are still in the dark...

I do have the Triceratops and Loana set, I canceled my Awesome Collector preorder and used points I had saved at Sideshow for it.  I've been told Diamond is just really sucking for distribution to not mince words as of the past year or so. I hate canceling an order I see it as a sort of binding contract, you choose your path and stick to it..but in this case the path disappears what option is left?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Do you have a source bud? Jason at AC wanted to know as much as he can about the situation.  He said Diamond let all of their reps go so it's hard to find out anything.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2021, 02:58:52 PM

Do you have a source bud? Jason at AC wanted to know as much as he can about the situation.  He said Diamond let all of their reps go so it's hard to find out anything.

Sure do, John Stanowski of Kaiju Addicts/Flossie's Gifts, admin of the X-Plus Collectors Facebook group...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/XPlusGodzillaVinylSeries/posts/4071038926306736

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on July 01, 2021, 07:51:11 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 30, 2021, 02:58:52 PM

Sure do, John Stanowski of Kaiju Addicts/Flossie's Gifts, admin of the X-Plus Collectors Facebook group...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/XPlusGodzillaVinylSeries/posts/4071038926306736

Much appreciated! I passed it on. Diamond really needs to get on the ball with their distribution issues. I think the one I bought from BBTS was a last substandard grade box one. I received it with a slightly dented side yesterday but still perfect inside. That said as soon as it shipped it went out of stock again on the website.

Over9K

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 01, 2021, 03:36:20 PMMuch appreciated! I passed it on. Diamond really needs to get on the ball with their distribution issues. I think the one I bought from BBTS was a last substandard grade box one. I received it with a slightly dented side yesterday but still perfect inside. That said as soon as it shipped it went out of stock again on the website.

I've heard, I believe in the comments for that post, that X-Plus/Star Ace are considering a replacement run, the number of figures lost is apparently large enough. Otherwise, probably makes at least Tumak a sought after item...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on July 01, 2021, 04:29:05 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on July 01, 2021, 03:36:20 PMMuch appreciated! I passed it on. Diamond really needs to get on the ball with their distribution issues. I think the one I bought from BBTS was a last substandard grade box one. I received it with a slightly dented side yesterday but still perfect inside. That said as soon as it shipped it went out of stock again on the website.

I've heard, I believe in the comments for that post, that X-Plus/Star Ace are considering a replacement run, the number of figures lost is apparently large enough. Otherwise, probably makes at least Tumak a sought after item...

Even if they make more, it's to see how they can get product to us with a distributor as seemingly inept as Diamond has become. I asked Jason if he thought Diamond's practices would be an issue for future releases. He replied below :

Chris -

Short answer is 'I have no idea' on Diamond. They just aren't a very good company, but unfortunately they are one of the few distributors we have dealing with these items. I am looking for other distributors for other products too. I'm tired of dealing with Diamond and hope to expand my business into other areas so I'm not solely relying on Diamond and Star Ace, etc.

I sent this to another customer, but just an example of Diamond's ineptness (concerning the late Star Ace releases):
I know Star Ace isn't perfect, but I think Diamond is the issue here (as always). Before the pandemic, I used to have a representative that I could contact at any time for updates on anything. The reps never seemed to last very long and often it seemed like you knew more than they did, but at least it was someone "on the inside" you could ask questions. Well, a few months into the pandemic, Diamond pretty much just fired all those reps. I basically have no one at Diamond I can contact right now. There is a "high level toy guy," but he's in charge of ordering stuff... if he responds at all, it's like he's doing you a favor. If there is a problem with your Diamond order, and there is always a problem with your Diamond order (they sent you the wrong stuff or just didn't send you the correct amount), then you have to go on their site and report what is missing/wrong. I guess it could be "efficient," but it doesn't really solve any problems when I just constantly have to tell them how they messed up my orders. No other distributor is like this. I order so much stuff from Japan and in the US from other places and the orders are nearly always 100% correct... always. Diamond just always gets something wrong... I am not exaggerating... if I sell 37x of something, I'll order like 50x from Diamond. When I finally get my order, I might get 50x, I might get something random like 42 with two other crushed boxes, or I might get 167x.  The sad part is that I am not exaggerating at all. All of these things happen, with just about every order. It's a terrible business.
Not sure if you follow comics at all, but Diamond was the only distributor for comics for around 25 years. Last year, DC left for other distribution and earlier this year, they announced that Marvel left too... but they are still getting Marvel from the other distributor (at a higher price). So, it seems like I'm not the only one that's noticed Diamond's shortcomings. For a comics distributor, it's not good to lose the two biggest comic companies in one year's time.

Thanks,
Jason Welling
AwesomeCollector.com

Over9K

There's the penny drop, from the AwesomeCollector newsletter...

"All orders for the One Million Years B.C. Allosaurus & Tumak Set from Star Ace will need to be cancelled. Diamond has cancelled all pre-orders, as it appears these were "lost at sea" during shipping. Star Ace has not announced if they will do another run for this figure."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on July 08, 2021, 01:02:02 AM
There's the penny drop, from the AwesomeCollector newsletter...

"All orders for the One Million Years B.C. Allosaurus & Tumak Set from Star Ace will need to be cancelled. Diamond has cancelled all pre-orders, as it appears these were "lost at sea" during shipping. Star Ace has not announced if they will do another run for this figure."

Yeah I saw that. I guess that's it.  They do say the Loana/Trike set will be in soon but I went ahead through Sideshow and picked it up. I think for future pieces I'll just order with who has it first. Sideshow should have the Ceratosaurus next.

Over9K

Blade-of-the-Moon

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.