News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

have PNSO prices become too high?

Started by andrewsaurus rex, May 05, 2021, 05:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 22, 2021, 11:00:29 PM
Quote from: Bread on July 22, 2021, 09:41:47 PM
Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on July 22, 2021, 08:34:00 PM
The thing is, if you want to exploit a new price range, the quality of your products has to reflect that. PNSO quality has been getting worse as the prices have been going up.
I strongly disagree with this. If anything their quality and accuracy on skin textures has improved for most of their newer models. Now you can say some of their newer models, like the Nano, reflect some of their late 2020, early 2021 models skin textures which neither a good or bad thing, really depends on the customers' opinion.

It would be fair to say their quality has stayed the same as their prices have slightly gone up, but where do you see their quality going down?
More detail =/= accuracy. You can argue back and forth whether you think it's better, but objectively it's less accurate. PNSO has been on a downward trend with accuracy of their products in the past two years.

I would be interested in a more detailed analysis of why that is so. Not a criticism, but a genuine interest. I just love their Tarbosaurus: could it get any better? (I am awaiting the criticisms.. ;-)

About the prices for their figures (in all ranges) going up rather steeply, I would be curious to know why. I can make an informed guess based upon all the remarks made by other members on the forum, of course. It would be nice to know that everyone involved in the chain of production was being paid a decent wage, and if that would be one of the main reasons, I would be happy to pay more. But if it is mainly taxes and shipping costs, I'm out of the game for most figures (at least until things get a bit 'better', but I guess they never will), but then again, I buy very little (I am not a collector type). Of course there are a great many factors that add up to make a product cost as much as it does, and I don't know anything about business economics, so I'll just suspend judgement, and just look at a figure, look at the price, balance them against each other (is the figure worth the price for me), and make the decision. That decision making is dependent upon my own economical situation (which I do know everything about).

P.S. I have found out that often about half of the total amount of money for anything I buy from abroad (say, from another continent) is used up by shipping and taxes. (Sometimes less, sometimes even more.) This trend seems to increase, which causes me to buy less and less from abroad.

Paleotikadar

I absolutely agree to that PNSO figures have become more expensive especially for me importing in India. I bought the PNSO Winter Wilson and it cost me about 6500 INR that is my savings of 5 months ! The quality is tremendous but a little ease on price is needed and with the fact that they are releasing one after another, one can try buying more figures than only targeted few if prices are reasonable.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Paleotikadar on August 02, 2021, 11:20:11 AM
I absolutely agree to that PNSO figures have become more expensive especially for me importing in India. I bought the PNSO Winter Wilson and it cost me about 6500 INR that is my savings of 5 months ! The quality is tremendous but a little ease on price is needed and with the fact that they are releasing one after another, one can try buying more figures than only targeted few if prices are reasonable.
Wait, you are from India? I thought I was the only one!
So glad to meet you.
On topic, yikes, 6500 rupees is around 87.50 dollars in USD(does that include shipping or not)
I absolutely agree with you.

ITdactyl

Tried to compare prices in different online stores to get the context of this thread. I searched for the lowest price available for each item(in USD, including REGULAR shipping). BTW, Lazada is part of the Alibaba group, same as Aliexpress. Shopee is a Singaporean company.

Austin (the SMOL Pachycephalosaurus)
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $30.99
Lazada: $22~
Shopee: $35~

Sede the Ankylosaurus
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $22.99
Lazada: $17~
Shopee: $29~

Logan the Nanotyrannus
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $30.99
Lazada: $45~
Shopee: $49.80

Essien the Spinosaurus v2
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $38.99
Lazada: $29~
Shopee: $50~

Wilson v2
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $66.99
Lazada: $55~
Shopee: $107~

Yinqi the Yutyrannus
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $38.99
Lazada: $27.20
Shopee: $54~

Lucas the old Giggles
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $59.99
Lazada: $57.42
Shopee: $85~

Erma v1
PNSO official store, Aliexpress: $59.99
Lazada: $37.80
Shopee: $73~

I get what everyone is saying. Comparing the price of Sede to those of Austin and Logan, there is indeed a big jump in price. But notice that there's also a big difference in the pricing of Aliexpress and Lazada, despite being sister "stores".

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.