News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Useless Facts

Started by Libraraptor, April 10, 2021, 08:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Safari Carnegie Collection Acrocanthosaurus has golden (!) eyes.

CityRaptor

As does the Carnegie Dilong...and at least some specimen of the first Papo T.rex. ( I have one that does and also owned one with yellow eyes )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hGQ97tCTOs
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duck

There's a limited edition Lego Tyrannosaurus. Only 10 were made and they were given out in a raffle.

Also it retails for $10,000 USD on Ebay.
He who dwells in pond

Lynx

Looks awfully similar to that one green rex
An oversized house cat.

Duck

Quote from: Lynx on November 04, 2021, 12:46:18 AM
Looks awfully similar to that one green rex
Really? I don't see the similarities other than the sculpt.

He who dwells in pond

Lynx

Oh wow, it's sure been a while then.
Maybe I'm thinking of the Carnotaurus in that case?
An oversized house cat.

Duck

Quote from: Lynx on November 04, 2021, 12:50:33 AM
Oh wow, it's sure been a while then.
Maybe I'm thinking of the Carnotaurus in that case?
Yeah! Probably.
He who dwells in pond

Dinoguy2

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 03, 2021, 09:48:39 PM
As does the Carnegie Dilong...and at least some specimen of the first Papo T.rex. ( I have one that does and also owned one with yellow eyes )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hGQ97tCTOs

Most of the 2000-2010s era Carnegies had gold eyes, for some reason. Maybe they were going for a signature style or something...

Speaking of Carnegies, this is a fun fact slash mystery:

The original Carnegie Brachiosaurus says "Brachiosaurus" on the imprint stamp. Starting in the mid 1990s, newly produced models have a raised bump where the first half of the name was etched out. On top of the smoothed out coverup is written "Brachio".

So... Did somebody at the factory accidentally "update" the text with the wrong name? Probably Brontosaurus? And then have to go back and fix their mistake?

More importantly did any samples with the wrong name actually ship to retailers before the error was caught??
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Dinoguy2 on November 14, 2021, 09:55:34 PM

Most of the 2000-2010s era Carnegies had gold eyes, for some reason. Maybe they were going for a signature style or something...

Speaking of Carnegies, this is a fun fact slash mystery:

The original Carnegie Brachiosaurus says "Brachiosaurus" on the imprint stamp. Starting in the mid 1990s, newly produced models have a raised bump where the first half of the name was etched out. On top of the smoothed out coverup is written "Brachio".

So... Did somebody at the factory accidentally "update" the text with the wrong name? Probably Brontosaurus? And then have to go back and fix their mistake?

More importantly did any samples with the wrong name actually ship to retailers before the error was caught??

At one time I thought it could have been "ultra" saurus underneath, but Brontosaurus makes more sense since it would have been easy for whoever made to imprint to confuse them.

That's a good point about production samples-- now I'm going to have to keep an eye out.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.