News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Storage Ideas

Started by Lynx, December 13, 2021, 03:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Recently, I have had a bit of a problem with shelf space. There are a couple figures that are
1. Too small that they barely stand out against the massive crowd
or,
2. Ugly but are childhood toys and/or have quite a bit of charm
or finally,
3. Look very nice but take up too much space.

I have had different storage techniques in the past but after one of my favorite figures (Papo Acrocanthosaurus) getting badly damaged in the last plan (put figures in the closet inside of a box and call it a day), I am looking for new ideas! What do you all use for storage, and if it was a purchased item, where did you get it?

An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Honestly, when  I get to a point like this I feel it's just time to downsize.   I'm actually thinking of dropping a lot of PNSO figures just due to how much area the boxes are taking up.   I also hate packed shelves, you can't look and appreciate something as easily.   Look at the Beasts of the Mesozoic line, I'm going to need to dedicate an entire room to those and don't get me started on the Jurassic World stuff...

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 13, 2021, 09:32:18 PM
Honestly, when  I get to a point like this I feel it's just time to downsize.   I'm actually thinking of dropping a lot of PNSO figures just due to how much area the boxes are taking up.   I also hate packed shelves, you can't look and appreciate something as easily.   Look at the Beasts of the Mesozoic line, I'm going to need to dedicate an entire room to those and don't get me started on the Jurassic World stuff...
The PNSO boxes do take up a lot of space and are beginning to be something of a problem for me too. I've been reluctant to get rid of them , because they are not unattractive and do serve to protect the delicate parts of the figures when in storage or on the move, but, yeah, space is an increasing problem. I've went through two unloadings this past year from my collections, and really don't want to downsize further at this point, so boxes really compete for space. Decisions, decisions!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.