News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

My thanks to Dr. Admin and other palaeontologists

Started by Doug Watson, March 04, 2015, 11:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

This makes you proud of Doug and portrays your good feelings and your humility even though you are maybe (at least for me you are) the best sculptor of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. There is a saying that "It is well born to be grateful".

It's like I've already told you and for the rest of the forum members a huge honor to have a gift of life in the DTF.  :)

Doug Watson

Quote from: Shonisaurus on November 04, 2018, 04:08:01 PM
This makes you proud of Doug and portrays your good feelings and your humility even though you are maybe (at least for me you are) the best sculptor of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals. There is a saying that "It is well born to be grateful".

It's like I've already told you and for the rest of the forum members a huge honor to have a gift of life in the DTF.  :)

Thank you aside from the occasional negative response to my work being on the forum has been very rewarding for me as well by way of contacts like Dr. Admin, friends that I have made like you, suggestions for new pieces, constructive criticism and really there are very few instances where one can experience appreciation for ones work as immediate and public as you can on this Forum.

SBell

Quote from: Doug Watson on November 04, 2018, 04:27:12 PM

Thank you aside from the occasional negative response to my work being on the forum has been very rewarding for me as well by way of contacts like Dr. Admin, friends that I have made like you, suggestions for new pieces, constructive criticism and really there are very few instances where one can experience appreciation for ones work as immediate and public as you can on this Forum.

How did I miss this thread all this time?

If for no other reason to ask, while you were consulting with Natalia Rybczynski, did she try to convince you to develop a Casteroides model? It seems like she should have...

Doug Watson

Quote from: SBell on November 04, 2018, 09:57:52 PM
Quote from: Doug Watson on November 04, 2018, 04:27:12 PM

How did I miss this thread all this time?

If for no other reason to ask, while you were consulting with Natalia Rybczynski, did she try to convince you to develop a Casteroides model? It seems like she should have...

No she didn't  :)) Actually before she took over Quaternary Paleontology I worked with her predecessor Dick Harington to do a miniature and then a life sized Giant Beaver model. When I was in to see her about my first series of mammals she had actually done a really good miniature herself. Unfortunately Natalia had to take a medical retirement in 2016 as a result of post concussion symptoms she has been suffering since a cross country ski accident in 2011. Really sad considering how young she is and her career was just getting started. I actually met her first when she was a student working with Dick. A really nice lady.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

If it's okay, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Doug Watson and all his consulted palaeontologists including Dr Admin for everything that into making such an excellent range of accurate and beautiful prehistoric figures. Thank you all
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Doug Watson

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on November 06, 2018, 09:40:54 PM
If it's okay, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Doug Watson and all his consulted palaeontologists including Dr Admin for everything that into making such an excellent range of accurate and beautiful prehistoric figures. Thank you all

I'll allow it just this once.....just kidding thanks and I appreciate them too.

PhilSauria

I can only echo the sentiments above in also voicing my appreciation of and thanks to all of the talents who have come together to make available the figures that are released each year to fill our shelves, empty our wallets and provide a tangible reminder of the bizarre animals that occupied this planet for so long such a long time ago.

Also, Doug your Triceratops is still the best one out there and in my eyes unlikely to be bettered!

Doug Watson

Just added my thanks once again to Dr. Adam Smith for his help with my 2020 Ichthyosaurus and numerous paper request for my other 2020 releases. On the Ichthyosaurus he provided reference and reviewed the sculpt at each stage. His guidance on the colour was especially appreciated.
Also thanked Dr. Phil Bell for his help with my 2020 Edmontosaurus especially when it came to interpreting the skin detail and form of the "comb". He was kind enough to answer several e-mails I sent him with queries about his paper on the specimen with the comb.

Shonisaurus

Safari dinosaurs may or may not like DTF members but it is proven that they are all one hundred percent scientifically made, at least all of you Mr. Doug which I celebrate. It is a gift of Life to have you in the forum.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Doug Watson on December 03, 2019, 06:21:23 PM
Just added my thanks once again to Dr. Adam Smith for his help with my 2020 Ichthyosaurus and numerous paper request for my other 2020 releases. On the Ichthyosaurus he provided reference and reviewed the sculpt at each stage. His guidance on the colour was especially appreciated.
Also thanked Dr. Phil Bell for his help with my 2020 Edmontosaurus especially when it came to interpreting the skin detail and form of the "comb". He was kind enough to answer several e-mails I sent him with queries about his paper on the specimen with the comb.

A pleasure, as always!  ^-^

Kaustav Bhattacharyya

Respected Mr. Watson,
I shall be utmost happy to see an keenly accurate utahraptor, carcharodontosaurus, daspletosaurus, tarbosaurus sculpted by you. Any one of them will will become revolutionary through your sculpture. Though I have special affection for the last two ones. The mega tyrannosaurs other than T.rex will also quench my long lasting desire for an accurate T.rex figure. Please do any one of the maastrichtian formation tyrannosaurs with latest scientific knowledge. For feathering, I request you to add little amount not totally avoiding the feathering and in case of lips I beg you to give them in your later tyrannosaurs though Dr. Carr has interpreted lipless version of a tyrannosaur but lipped version is more natural for a terrestrial theropod figure.

Doug Watson

Added to my list, my thanks to Dr. Nathan Smith and Dr. Diego Pol - for their help with my 2022 Cryolophosaurus and my 2022 Patagotitan respectively.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.