News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Behold The Beautiful Brown Papo Running Tyrannosaurus Rex!

Started by suspsy, November 17, 2012, 06:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Well, according to people in the "Had A Wonderful Surprise This Week . . ." thread, it seems this guy is a French/Canada-only exclusive, so I thought I'd take a few more photos to show everyone:

As I already mentioned, Brown's paint job isn't perfect; indeed, the black on his hind claws has been applied terribly. Overall, it's a minor flaw which you only notice upon very close inspection. The rest of his paint has been applied beautifully, especially around his mouth. He looks much more like his own tyrant as opposed to a JP version. He's quickly become one of my all-time favourite dinosaur figures. :)

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

We've beheld it before (though it's still a beauty!) so the only question on most people's mind here is ' where can I get one myself?'. The same goes for me, I sincerely hope this won't stay a French/Canadian exclusive.

Jetoar

Congratulations again for your ad. Is the firts time that I see this figure in brown  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Ikessauro

I've got one myself. I asked a French collector to do me the favor of buying one and send to me. He was kind enough to do so, twice, since the package was shipped to Japan by mistake. Then returned to France and then again was shipped to me and finally made it to Brazil. I guess if you find someone who's willing to do the same wouldn't be hard to get one. I could have waited to see if it is released worldwide, but didn't wanna risk it becoming another rarity that I'd have to pay an arm and a leg to have.

suspsy

Quote from: Roselaar on November 17, 2012, 08:45:40 PM
We've beheld it before (though it's still a beauty!) so the only question on most people's mind here is ' where can I get one myself?'. The same goes for me, I sincerely hope this won't stay a French/Canadian exclusive.

I'm happy to help you if I can. I ordered mine from Mastermind Toys, which is a chain of toy stores around the GTA (Greater Toronto Area). One of their locations is at the Ontario Science Museum.

http://www.mastermindtoys.com/Papo-Running-Trex.aspx

As you can see, however, the image is of the standard green Running Rex. As I explained in my other thread, I was totally surprised to receive the brown version. It's possible I got really, really lucky. Or it's possible that Mastermind has both brown and green versions in stock. Perhaps their customer service can shed some light on this?

Roselaar

I think the best bet would be to contact mastermindtoys and inquire about their availability of the brown Rex. If they pictured the green Rex that's sure to be their regular version, as it is with other sites, but they might have more in store.

For now, I keep hoping Papo will release this brown Rex next year, as was the case with all their previous exclusives.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Seijun

I asked mastermind toys and they said they only had the brown version of the running rex, no green ones, but that they didnt have very many left. I bought one from the website (waiting for it to arrive) and the site currently lists them as out of stock. I dont know if they have any left that are unlisted, or if their next batch will be brown or green.
My living room smells like old plastic dinosaur toys... Better than air freshener!

Richard

I would like to know how you can get hold of Papo to see if they are going to get brown running T.rex anymore. I would like to get a couble.

Roselaar

Quote from: Richard on September 06, 2015, 02:33:52 PM
I would like to know how you can get hold of Papo to see if they are going to get brown running T.rex anymore. I would like to get a couble.

I had a store claiming they could get me any Papo product contact Papo to ask for a bunch of these. They couldn't, since even at Papo in France they had none in stock anymore. There were no plans for (re-)releasing it. This was about a year ago.

Doug Watson

Man I wish I had seen this earlier, 2012 how did I miss this. We have a Mastermind Toys store in my neighbourhood. I just got back from checking and they have a good stock of Papo dinos but no Brown Running T rexes. I actually went in there when they opened  a couple years back but didn't see the dinos because they have them separated from the other Papos. I found them today because I saw the Brachiosaurus peering over the aisle. Heck if they had the Brown T rexes back then I could have paid for my retirement just supplying the forum!

suspsy

For what it's worth, Doug, I've never come across another brown RTR. Mastermind Toys didn't open up stores here in Ottawa until 2013, IIRC. The St. Laurent location is the one closest to me and I've been checking regularly for the Tupuxuara. Still no luck. :p

Viking Spawn

*sigh*   Looks like I will have to pay a small fortune if I ever want to own a real one.   :'(

Viking Spawn

And for the record its my own stupid fault too.  Several years back I recall seeing the brown running listed on sale online.  I didn't get it at the time since Papos were never hard to find.   Regrets and stupidity on my part.   :'(

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on September 07, 2015, 02:48:17 AM
The St. Laurent location is the one closest to me and I've been checking regularly for the Tupuxuara. Still no luck. :p

They don't have the Tupuxuara in BBQhaven or Kanata either. Have you asked them if they will order one in? Miss Tiggy Winkles used to do single orders when they carried Papo but they dropped them for some reason.

tanystropheus

Tupuxuara is always available on U.S Amazon (and ebay).
The Papo Brown Running Tyrannosaurus Rex is so rare that it is not even sold on ebay!
However, you can have your Green Running T-rex commission painted brown. Nobody will notice the difference, plus it will be a heck of a lot cheaper  :D

suspsy

Quote from: Doug Watson on September 08, 2015, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: suspsy on September 07, 2015, 02:48:17 AM
The St. Laurent location is the one closest to me and I've been checking regularly for the Tupuxuara. Still no luck. :p

They don't have the Tupuxuara in BBQhaven or Kanata either. Have you asked them if they will order one in? Miss Tiggy Winkles used to do single orders when they carried Papo but they dropped them for some reason.

Ehh, I assume it's only a matter of time. Mastermind has gotten all the other prehistoric Papos in all the years I've known them, so I don't see why the Tupuxuara won't show up soonish.

I remember when Miss Tiggy Winkles used to carry Papo and Carnegie. That was where I got my first Papo figures from. And all the feathered Carnegie dinosaurs from 2006. But then Schleich had to come bullying in. Damn Schleich.

The Tupuxuara doesn't appear on Mastermind's website, so it may actually be awhile yet. I remember the baby Triceratops didn't show up in stores until late fall.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.