News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

My appetite is thoroughly whetted for Lingwulong.

Joel1905

The size has really blown me away! I can't wait for mine! This makes me wonder if we'll get a 1:35 Diplodocus or Apatosaurus...

SidB

Before this, I would have said "no", but Lingwulong at 1/35 changes things for sure.

indy1936

Also excited that Lingwulong is at 1:35.   :)   Hoping for more 1:35 sauropods from PNSO.

SidB

I had thought that the old hollow vinyl ones were how PNSO would do large sauropods, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

Medzo

This figure is encouraging news. I myself am not interested in this particular genus but I hope this means the new way how future sauropods will be implemented. While I adore Eofauna's version of diplodocus, I just really want finally the size which matches PNSO's Allosaurus for example.

Faras

Finally picked up Lingwulong as community's risk level changed to moderate today :D

Size comparison with keyboard :P Photos hardly do it justice, I knew it was big but didn't have a full gasp of the size until seeing it in person.

Common issue: a small dent on the tail, seems all figures have it.

Problem on mine: part of the tail seam is visible (minor issue, only saw it after checking several times). Other half of the seam is hidden so well that I'd never notice without clues from the other side. PNSO keeps evolving despite having one of the best build quality since last year.

Fingerprint level, insanely sharp scales, no blur part at all. Lingwulong's details beats most previous releases and many resin statues. Sometimes black dot eyes brings more life than PNSO's signature buggy pupil eyes (that often look at different directions...).

Similar expression on my turtle ;)
Spoiler
[close]

Great paints with nice blending and drybrush/wash to bring out details. I especially like the dark big scale regions on shoulders, these add diversity to details and imo they work with bright belly as "points of interest" to drag viewer's attention from beautiful blue tail back to the body.

Despite that Lingwulong figure is bigger than New Mamenchisaurus, sculpts of Lingwulong's legs clearly show it's a smaller animal.

This is the first release with 2022 stamps.

Overall Lingwulong is one of PNSO's best figures so far, and their best sauropods. Price is justified by the heft and top notch sculpt/paints/build quality. 10/10 recommended, it's truly an impressive figure.

ceratopsian

Thank you for this detailed critique avatar_Faras @Faras. It sounds and looks absolutely stunning. Glad to hear your community risk level was lowered and you were able to pick it up - clearly well worth waiting for!

Faelrin

avatar_Faras @Faras Congrats on finally getting to have it now, and glad to see things are improving in your area. Thanks for the detailed write up and all the wonderful images. Easily pretty high up on my wishlist. So glad we finally have a figure of this sauropod now, and such a beautiful one as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Joel1905

So, according to a well connected friend of mine who you may or may not be subscribed to on YouTube... we may be getting a Diplodocus from PNSO...

So we have two named animals to add to the possibilities list...
Suchomimus and Diplodocus.

Not to mention all of the Dinosaurs that PNSO have been teasing with their artwork, Lufengosaurus, Shunosaurus, Sinosaurus, Apatosaurus, Megalosaurus to name a few!

SidB

Better prepare some room on my display shelves!

Halichoeres

Hmm. Diplodocus is one of the sauropod genera I'd be least excited to see. There are several good versions already.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CARN0TAURUS

Quote from: Joel1905 on August 05, 2022, 06:38:48 PMSo, according to a well connected friend of mine who you may or may not be subscribed to on YouTube... we may be getting a Diplodocus from PNSO...

So we have two named animals to add to the possibilities list...
Suchomimus and Diplodocus.

Not to mention all of the Dinosaurs that PNSO have been teasing with their artwork, Lufengosaurus, Shunosaurus, Sinosaurus, Apatosaurus, Megalosaurus to name a few!

J @Joel1905
Sign me up for the megalosaurus and suchomimus, the apatosaurus I might be tempted to buy too

suspsy

Meh. Carnegie, Safari, and Eofauna have already nailed Diplodocus. Now if it were Galeamopus or Barosaurus PNSO was tackling, that would be more exciting.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 06, 2022, 06:05:03 PMHmm. Diplodocus is one of the sauropod genera I'd be least excited to see. There are several good versions already.
It's true, what with Safari, the older Carnegie, now Eofauna and even the smaller Favorite one, we're not hurting for Diplodocus.

Gwangi

I'm very content with the 2008 Carnegie and Eofauna Diplodocus. The only other one I would want at this point is the Battat. A Megalosaurus would be most welcome though.

Renecito

I'm with everybody even REBOR is producing a Diplodocus.
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

SidB

Quote from: Renecito on August 06, 2022, 08:50:16 PMI'm with everybody even REBOR is producing a Diplodocus.
!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

If the Diplodocus is large enough to not be affected by the tiny head that the Mamenchi has then I'm game. The new Lingwulong ( sounds like a Cowboy Bebop reference.. ) is a nice size and the head size also works well.

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2022, 05:22:18 AMIf the Diplodocus is large enough to not be affected by the tiny head that the Mamenchi has then I'm game. The new Lingwulong ( sounds like a Cowboy Bebop reference.. ) is a nice size and the head size also works well.
Regarding the diplo, I agree -if it's a 1/45 to 1/50. that's too small.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: