News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Faras on January 06, 2022, 05:29:40 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 06, 2022, 04:19:58 PM
and it seems (I think because there is no information about it) that fortunately it does not have a jointed jaw.

Aye PNSO's custom service said there's no articulate jaw.
Yes!!!

Gothmog the Baryonyx

The Safari Ltd Styracosaurus and PNSO Parasaurolophus are both 1:25 scale, not 1:30 or 1:35.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SRF

Only a few PNSO figures come in at 1:35 scale when measuring just one part of a figure (like the head, or the leg bones). Meaning that some of them do have some proportional issues, or that the true total length of an animal isn't estimated right to begin with.

Based on the head I've measured the Parasaurolophus to be around 1:27 scale as well, while its head doesn't seem to be too large compared to the body. Meaning that maybe Parasaurolophus' total length is more likely to be 7.5 to 8 meters instead of 9 meters.

The Centrosaurus is 16cm in length and PNSO has stated that it represents a 6 meter long animal, meaning the scale would be around 1:37. But to estimate the true scale, it's best to measure the head and compare it to the available data on the head size for Centrosaurus. It could well be in 1:30 scale then after all.
But today, I'm just being father

Faelrin

Thanks for the discussion folks. It seems like it should fit in along the others okay, more or less, despite the scales being over the place.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Carnoking

Well, I've been wrong before.

Skorpio V.

Quote from: SidB on January 06, 2022, 07:57:08 PM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 06, 2022, 06:53:37 PM
Looking back on old reviews, those figures are kind of all over the place with scale, with the PNSO Corythosaurus, and Safari Ltd Styracosaurus being around 1:30 scale while the PNSO Lambeosaurus comes in at 1:38 scale and the Para at 1:35. If my math is correct with this Centrosaurus (which it very well might not be), this figure is just around the 1:35 scale to 1:30 scale range
Styraco might be somewhat larger - sort of recollect Doug Watson saying 1/25 or so. But you're correct, PNSO, like Safari, doesn't necessarily stick to a constant scale, like the old "museum lines."

The dimensions say Jennie is 16 cm long and 7.5 cm tall, about 4 cm shorter in length and 2 cm shorter in height compared to the Safari Styracosaurus, at about 20 cm long and 9 cm tall. A bit of a shame seeing as Centrosaurus is estimated to be the slightly larger one of the two.

Edit: Oh, this is my 100th post! Cool beans!
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 06, 2022, 04:19:58 PM
and it seems (I think because there is no information about it) that fortunately it does not have a jointed jaw.

Thanks for the info. You have given me joy with that news, but I would be the perfect ceratopside par excellence. Hopefully PNSO continues in that vein. Makes figures out of the ordinary. It is my favorite company and I say it with pain because I cannot afford like many DTF members to buy all the news from PNSO.

ceratopsian

Hooray!

terrorchicken

whoa they named a dino figure after me! What an honor. :)) Has the price been announced yet?

Faras

Quote from: terrorchicken on January 08, 2022, 04:53:16 AM
Has the price been announced yet?

Probably between $30.99 - $38.99 judging from China Mainland price :)

Faras

Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 05, 2022, 01:35:36 PMI think the head is too small but I think there might be more to it than that?

Yeah thought the same, tho turns out it's the extra bulk making head feel small (ceratopsians in skeletal drawings often have slightly opened mouth which make head seem bigger):

SidB

Skorpio V.

Quote from: Faras on January 08, 2022, 02:24:21 PM
Quote from: Skorpio V. on January 05, 2022, 01:35:36 PMI think the head is too small but I think there might be more to it than that?

Yeah thought the same, tho turns out it's the extra bulk making head feel small (ceratopsians in skeletal drawings often have slightly opened mouth which make head seem bigger):

Great edit!

I realize it isn't the head size that throws me off, but I'm used to the back being higher than the hips. I'm sure this position is entirely plausible though. This also shows how far forward the cheeks are. Probably both negligible details for most people anyway, though.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Faras on January 08, 2022, 12:54:16 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on January 08, 2022, 04:53:16 AM
Has the price been announced yet?

Probably between $30.99 - $38.99 judging from China Mainland price :)

Thanks! that's not bad, I might keep an eye on this one this year. I only have 4 of the mid sized PNSO figures(the Prehistoric Animal series?) I would love to add more.

SidB

New Centrosaurus available on pre-order at Dan's for $29.99.

Dromaenychus

Jennie is up on Amazon US for 34.99 usd. Shipping sucks at 12.00.

I had some credit on my account so I went ahead and ordered, can't wait!

Abobo

Carnoking

Paint job looks to have gotten a bit muddy but still a darn fine looking model

JohannesB

I have a feeling it would be much nicer in hand than what we can see on these photo's. On the body alone I think I see at least four different colors, very subtly applied. A beautiful figure. I think I like the smoother textures compared to the Pachyrhinosaurus, but both are very nice.

Psittacoraptor

Hmmm, I'll wait for more photos in good lighting, but it seems like quite a bit of paint detail has been lost compared to the prototype. I much prefer the finer scales and detail compared to the Pachy, though.

On another note, PNSO has started offering bundles on their Amazon store, e.g. Qianzhousaurus + Yutyrannus for 68$ instead of 78.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/PNSO/page/0ED77D4F-B4F7-41F7-B6AE-116CBF8E43E0?ref_=ast_bln

They also seem to be pretty bad at categorizing their products

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: