News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

An observation regarding the newly released Tsintaosaurus - looking through the listings from the various stores on Aliexpress last night, I see that it's available on the official PNSO store (of course), but nowhere else, though it is also available on two eBay sites, though with very expensive shipping. I wonder if there is a reluctance to merchandise this product because of its price combined with its lack of size for a Museum Line item. Time will tell.

JohannesB

Quote from: SidB on March 14, 2022, 12:24:10 PM
An observation regarding the newly released Tsintaosaurus - looking through the listings from the various stores on Aliexpress last night, I see that it's available on the official PNSO store (of course), but nowhere else, though it is also available on two eBay sites, though with very expensive shipping. I wonder if there is a reluctance to merchandise this product because of its price combined with its lack of size for a Museum Line item. Time will tell.

If I may act like the devil's advocate here, I hope this is true, and I hope it will make PNSO rethink its strategy regarding the 'Museum Line'.

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on March 14, 2022, 02:49:14 PM

If I may act like the devil's advocate here, I hope this is true, and I hope it will make PNSO rethink its strategy regarding the 'Museum Line'.
Agreed!

JohannesB

I mean, I am quite willing to pay extra for very nice packaging and an excellent figure of a certain size (maybe even with some little extra included, like, say, a replica of a skull, or a baby).

To be honest, I did buy a few Museum Line figures before. But the size of this figure, combined with the fact it has no extra's included (the paper fluff does not count as such, for me - and I would not know what to do with all of it anyway) prohibits me from probably ever acquiring it, which is a shame, because it is so very nice.

Flaffy

Whether one considers the heaps of booklets and papers fluff or not... I think most collectors can agree that a proper scenic base, or an actual accessory (e.g. juvenile like Rook, or the AMNH skull for Dolyle) is far more desirable and would help justify the cost a lot more than folded paper in a fancy envelope.

SidB

These accessories, Rook and the trike's skull really are of practical value to a collector like myself, as I use both in the dioramas in which the entire PNSO terrestrial collection is displayed. I'd hope that this type of feedback is accessible to PNSO, as including items such as these increases the product value and therefore is not "fluff." Others may value and desire the written materials, and therefore maybe an either/or option would be good.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: SidB on March 14, 2022, 04:55:36 PM
These accessories, Rook and the trike's skull really are of practical value to a collector like myself, as I use both in the dioramas in which the entire PNSO terrestrial collection is displayed. I'd hope that this type of feedback is accessible to PNSO, as including items such as these increases the product value and therefore is not "fluff." Others may value and desire the written materials, and therefore maybe an either/or option would be good.
Yes! More additions like the skull and babies (or even small prey) would be great!

Psittacoraptor

Perhaps it's just another way of PNSO pushing customers to their official store. Since minimum prices were set site-wide last year, there hasn't really been any reason to buy PNSO products from third party sellers. Also, if you search for PNSO on the main Aliexpress page, you're greeted by a huge banner that links to PNSO's official store. Offers from third party sellers are only listed further down on the page.

Bokisaurus

Quote from: SidB on March 14, 2022, 03:07:28 PM

Agreed!

Okay, so here's another, less negative response.
Could it be possible that PNSO's Tsintaosaurus actually sold well ? I don't know how many copies were produced, but with all that is going on around the world right now that is affecting shipping, transportation, and production, could it be possible that PNSO anticipates a shortage of this model and is trying to perhaps prioritize their official stores first to ensure they have some to sell? Just something to think about.

The whole global gas chaos has a domino effect that goes just beyond shipping.
It affects production as well since materials are also dependent of transportation.

Even playing devils advocate, I don't think it's right to wish a company line failure no matter if you don't like it or not.
Sigh.😔

Faras

Quote from: Bokisaurus on March 14, 2022, 11:21:12 PM

Agreed!

Could it be possible that PNSO's Tsintaosaurus actually sold well ? I don't know how many copies were produced, but with all that is going on around the world right now that is affecting shipping, transportation, and production, could it be possible that PNSO anticipates a shortage of this model and is trying to perhaps prioritize their official stores first to ensure they have some to sell? Just something to think about.

It affects production as well since materials are also dependent of transportation.

Even playing devils advocate, I don't think it's right to wish a company line failure no matter if you don't like it or not.
Sigh.😔

178+ pcs were sold domestically (Tmall shows 100+ when total sales is 101-199 pcs so no clue about the exact number).

All my PNSO stuffs shipped from Huizhou. Transportations (esp international) usually go through Guangzhou or Shenzhen. Problem is there are 38 corona cases in Huizhou, 52 in Guangzhou, 1183 in Shenzhen. Only Shenzhen is under full lockdown atm, though outbreaks must've affected both production and distribution as there's no new release for weeks.

SidB

Quote from: Faras on March 15, 2022, 12:12:15 AM

Agreed!

Sigh.😔

178+ pcs were sold domestically (Tmall shows 100+ when total sales is 101-199 pcs so no clue about the exact number).

All my PNSO stuffs shipped from Huizhou. Transportations (esp international) usually go through Guangzhou or Shenzhen. Problem is there are 38 corona cases in Huizhou, 52 in Guangzhou, 1183 in Shenzhen. Only Shenzhen is under full lockdown atm, though outbreaks must've affected both production and distribution as there's no new release for weeks.
Now, that's an insider perspective that smacks of reality, and a perspective that I hadn't considered, from your vantage point, avatar_Faras @Faras . Explains the slow-down in releases too.

Faelrin

I guess that explains the strange sudden slowdown then, considering their other wise rapid pace. I don't mind the breathing room however (not like i was in any rush anyways with how much catching up I have to do), but sad for the real reasons behind why. I also agree about the extra's included with the Museum line would be more enticing, such as the diorama bases, or the baby Stegosaurus, or the Triceratops skull. Granted those would still require molding, tooling, etc I would imagine, and those can be costly. I appreciate both S @Shane and avatar_Faras @Faras insight in this thread as well. Eye opening to what's going on, beyond the minimum I've picked up along the way from following the development of the BotM figures (which was really my first look at how things are done behind the scenes essentially).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CARN0TAURUS

Agreed!

Sigh.😔

PNSO and Eofauna are my dream companies because both are producing plastic dinosaur figures in a way I always 'dreamt' someone eventually would.  Unlike expensive resin figures, plastic collectables where not going for the level of realism that these two companies strive for.  So If anything bad happens to either company I think I'm sure I'll be really upset.  I can only imagine what would happen to Eofauna and PNSO figure prices.  They would probably sell at ridiculous prices.

My "suggestions" for the museum line are simply to offer more options for collectors.  They can keep going the way they are and I'll be happy to keep buying more prehistoric line figures until I've collected all the ones that I want, at that point I'll re-evaluate and will probably start buying the more expensive figures too, but probably only the theropods or perhaps something like the Tsintaosaurus, simply for it's beauty.

Shane

Quote from: Faelrin on March 15, 2022, 06:23:39 AM
I guess that explains the strange sudden slowdown then, considering their other wise rapid pace. I don't mind the breathing room however (not like i was in any rush anyways with how much catching up I have to do), but sad for the real reasons behind why. I also agree about the extra's included with the Museum line would be more enticing, such as the diorama bases, or the baby Stegosaurus, or the Triceratops skull. Granted those would still require molding, tooling, etc I would imagine, and those can be costly. I appreciate both S @Shane and avatar_Faras @Faras insight in this thread as well. Eye opening to what's going on, beyond the minimum I've picked up along the way from following the development of the BotM figures (which was really my first look at how things are done behind the scenes essentially).

One of the things that still kinda gets lost amid the clamor for new dinosaur toys is that there is still an ongoing pandemic happening worldwide.

Shipping issues were just starting to normalize, but now we're seeing a new round of lockdowns in areas that are key to production and shipment.

So don't be surprised if it leads to more delays.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Honestly I'm fine with a break.  There is so much to collect now it's hard to keep up.

SidB

Quote from: SidB on March 06, 2022, 01:08:53 PM
Guess that leaves the Acrocantosaurus, then one of the Torosaurus and Sinraptor followed by the other,  in what ever order they select. unless an 'outsider', like the Zhuchentyrannus, is parachuted into the release sequence. In any case, here's hoping that there are no more Museum Line figures, which terribly jack up the price, without giving substantially more quality and/or size. I really wish that PNSO gets it that this aspect of their line-up has run it's course. The museum Line idea no longer has any legitimacy as a marketing concept, since it seems that the majority of comments seem to have given little or no approval of the "fluff' accompanying the otherwise superlative figures. Suppose that 'market forces' will communicate to PNSO what to do in the future. For me, the Tsintaosaurus may be the first release where I don't snap it up right away, but wait till a serious sale discount is offered.
Well, I've decided to eat my words and order the PNSO Tsintaosaurus from the PNSO Official Store at this time after all, rather than wait for the sales. Figure that even though the 59.99 USD is steep, at least the shipping is amazing (free), far better than the 25-34 dollars that others are charging on ebay. Then with the virus locking things down in China and the Safari's and Eofauna n/a presently, I might as well take the plunge.

Abobo

From PNSO, Sinraptor incoming? :

Carnoking

Are those.... Lips? :o

Spoiler
Not that PNSO has been one to rigorously follow their own artwork. Just look at their propensity for feathered manes on their tyrannosaurs
[close]

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Abobo on March 17, 2022, 12:46:54 PM
From PNSO, Sinraptor incoming? :

I think it lines up with the list if so. Hopefully it looks like this.

Flaffy

I wouldn't keep my hopes up for a lipped Sinraptor, considering how they got rid of Mamenchisaurus's lips for god knows what reason...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: