News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO: New for 2022

Started by Renecito, January 05, 2022, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRF

When I saw that picture earlier today I didn't think it has anything to do with PNSO actually. The lips being the reason for that.
But today, I'm just being father

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Interesting, and call me crazy, but I was actually glad of the pause. There's still a tiny possibility of being able to get the last batch before the next one is in full swing.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

KrazyKaprosuchus

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on March 18, 2022, 01:04:22 AM
Interesting, and call me crazy, but I was actually glad of the pause. There's still a tiny possibility of being able to get the last batch before the next one is in full swing.
Absolutely agreed. I can finally have a chance to get the last batch or most of it, and grab some other things I might want as PNSO can be quite hard on my wallet. :P

Renecito

Aubrey & Dabei the Torosaurus.

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

CarnotaurusKing

Audibly went "oh yeah" when I saw this on my feed, but went "oh no" immediately after, when I saw the gray box it's standing on in one of the pictures.

KrazyKaprosuchus

Well so much for that break going on any longer :-X
But this is certainly an exciting piece

Shane

Very nice piece. I assume the price is going to rub some people the wrong way, but atleast it's got a li'l baby.

Carnoking

PNSO never seems to stay down for long.

Love the frill on this one, definitely giving me WWD vibes. The articulated jaw looks a bit awkward but if they maintain the paint job as well as they did on the Tsintaosaurus then I think that and the inclusion of the baby will make it well worth it!

suspsy

As much as I want a Torosaurus figure, I'm going to hold out for one from CollectA or Safari or maybe even Papo. This pair is part of the Museum Line, which means they'll cost around $75 US just like Bieber and Baby were. That's a big fat no thanks.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Pliosaurking

If it lives up to the promo pic I think it be worth it.
The baby also somewhat helps me swallow that price tag.

Flaffy

Really digging the paint scheme, glad to see them take advantage of Torosaurus's huge frill. If the final product matches the promo pics, then it'll certainly blow Dolyle's duller paint out of the water.
The juvenile is a nice accessory as well. PNSO should do more of these to make the museum line feel truly special.

Gwangi

I don't really like this one, which I'm surprised to say because although I occasionally have issues with PNSO I usually still like the product. Money saved, I guess. I do like the addition of the baby which I feel like is the best of the various accessories they've offered with the museum line. Anyone else getting CollectA Torosaurus vibes from that frill?

JohannesB

I've had enough Dinosaur Museum Line (DML) figures for a while. And for me it does look just a bit too much like the DML Triceratops (which I do own) for me to justify a $70 purchase. Very beautiful, though. Maybe at a sale/discount.

Jose S.M.

I think I'm going to have to ignore PNSO threads from no on. They have become way out  of my permited price range with this museum line and lots of figures that could be more " economic" have higher prices for add ons that I don't need or want and it makes me a little sad honestly.

On the positive side the figure for the most part looks great, love the grill coloration and the baby is a nice touch but I can't with that mouth, it looks very weird to me, kind of creeps me out.

Gwangi

Another thought. I think PNSO really should have released either the Torosaurus or Triceratops under the Prehistoric Animal Models line. They're so similar and so expensive. One or the other in the cheaper price bracket would give people options. How many people are going to splurge on the Torosaurus when they already have that Trike?

Shane

Quote from: suspsy on March 18, 2022, 12:47:57 PM
This pair is part of the Museum Line, which means they'll cost around $75 US just like Bieber and Baby were. That's a big fat no thanks.

Biber and Baby are currently $66.99 with free Prime shipping on Amazon. Still a hefty chunk of change, but if the 8% coupon sticks around, if the Toro is released at that price point it should come to around $65 with tax.

Again, not cheap by any means, but a bit easier to swallow. Not sure if I'll pull the trigger, I've been on a bit of a ceratopsian kick lately, but it does add up quickly.

SRF

Quote from: Gwangi on March 18, 2022, 01:40:15 PM
Another thought. I think PNSO really should have released either the Torosaurus or Triceratops under the Prehistoric Animal Models line. They're so similar and so expensive. One or the other in the cheaper price bracket would give people options. How many people are going to splurge on the Torosaurus when they already have that Trike?

I agree with this. They did the same with the big Tyrannosaurs after all, making the Tarbosaurus great value for money compared to their T. Rex. I expected PNSO to do the same with Torosaurus.

Just like the Triceratops, this one will not be a figure that I pick up right away. But if I can get it for about the same price as what I've paid for the Triceratops during the January sale, I will pick it up eventually. 
But today, I'm just being father

Bread

With this set being a museum line product, I'm going to safely assume the rumored Acrocanthosaurus will be a museum line product, too.

I am disappointed in the route PNSO are going with the continuous Museum Line releases. Too expensive for me to keep up...

Faelrin

I like it but still want to wait and see the final paint apps on it. I do like that it comes with a baby though. That was unexpected. Like folks have been saying it helps give more substance for the cost. I hope if the Acrocanthosaurus is a museum line figure it comes with a baby too.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Ceratopsians are my thing. Nice to have the baby. I don't have a problem with sometimes buying more expensive models. However the articulated jaw makes the mouth look very awkward. I'll have to consider this and think about display angles....

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: