News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Rebor Deinosuchus hatcheri 'Meta' w/ Appalachiosaurus montgomeriensis prey

Started by GojiraGuy1954, February 18, 2022, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2023, 05:58:01 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on January 23, 2023, 05:16:13 AMI really dont understand why avatar_REBOR_STUDIO @REBOR_STUDIO chose to market this figure at 1/35th scale.
Would've been great if it actually was the size of the stated scale.

I don't know, I think they did it to match up with their Tyrannosaurs and ceratopsians?
Yeah, they're all nominally 1/35,  but none actually are! Sort of like CollectA. No problem I suppose, if we take it with a barrel of salt.

Kei

For those who are wondering about Meta's swamp colorway  ;)

Pliosaurking

REBOR_STUDIO

Fenestra

The paint job on this figure is top notch.
As usual from Rebor.  ^-^

Blade-of-the-Moon

I'm trying to be happy with my alligator color scheme but that does look pretty nice. Hopefully the Sarcosuchus will have the same color options.

bmathison1972

Looking at my email messages, my Deino should be sitting in my mailbox waiting for me to get home tonight  ;D

dragon53

Bigbadtoystore has already sold out of both Deinosuchus figures.

To paraphrase the old saying, "Build a better Deinosuchus, and the world will beat a path to your door."

Faelrin

D @dragon53 Thanks for the heads up. Thankfully still available on Happy Hen Toys. I'm not in the position to order one right now, and it may be a bit of saving before I can, assuming they stay in stock there. Fingers crossed I can get one later though, especially after the years of waiting for this to become reality, it's really not something I want to miss out on.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Faelrin

Looks like another batch is up for pre-order on BBTS. Estimate arrival is April/May. Plenty of time for me to save up for one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Over9K

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like Meta is the first figure from REBOR that doesn't feel like it's from REBOR?

I feel like they've leveled up a few times in their history. Their first figures were good, and then they did those first JP-style Raptors, and those were a step up in quality and detail. Then a bit later, they put out the Vanilla Ice V-rex figures, and again, those were a level-up in terms of detail and quality. Their next level-up came with the Carnotaurus rex, which was them finally moving away from the uniform/gridded scales, into more naturalistic detailing.

And now Meta, which IMO looks as good as anything from Nanmu, and equal to most things from PNSO, albeit without focusing on scientific accuracy.

Lynx

These last few REBOR releases in general are such a big step up IMO, if you showed someone the King T-rex and this Deinosuchus, they would never guess it was from the same brand.
An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

Quote from: Over9K on February 06, 2023, 03:56:59 AMIs it just me, or does anyone else feel like Meta is the first figure from REBOR that doesn't feel like it's from REBOR?

I feel like "Kiss" really kickstarted ther more scientifically-oriented offerings. It's no surprise that the lipped variant of that figure is sold out when "Tusk" warms shelves.

But as in true Rebor fashion, there remains aspects of the figures that holds it back from truly reaching their full potential. In Deinosuchus's case it would be the unnecessary addition of claws on digits IV & V; along with the toned down alligator-like scales. Rebor's baseless claims and lame justifications for these features doesn't help either.

Lynx

Quote from: Flaffy on February 06, 2023, 04:18:01 AM
Quote from: Over9K on February 06, 2023, 03:56:59 AMIs it just me, or does anyone else feel like Meta is the first figure from REBOR that doesn't feel like it's from REBOR?

I feel like "Kiss" really kickstarted ther more scientifically-oriented offerings. It's no surprise that the lipped variant of that figure is sold out when "Tusk" warms shelves.

But as in true Rebor fashion, there remains aspects of the figures that holds it back from truly reaching their full potential. In Deinosuchus's case it would be the unnecessary addition of claws on digits IV & V; along with the toned down alligator-like scales. Rebor's baseless claims and lame justifications for these features doesn't help either.

Maybe I just don't have "the eye" for it but I didn't notice any of this until one forum member pointed it out way back.
An oversized house cat.

Flaffy

Quote from: Lynx on February 06, 2023, 04:21:59 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on February 06, 2023, 04:18:01 AM

Maybe I just don't have "the eye" for it but I didn't notice any of this until one forum member pointed it out way back.

Your tolerance for innacuracies is certainly a lot higher than mines as per your Schleich collection ;D
But yeah for those unfamiliar with Deinoscuhus other than "giant alligator" such features are easy to miss.

These issues were brought to the attention of Rebor way back in the Deinosuchus's development though, so claiming ignorance is not an excuse in this case.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: