News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Wonder Artistic Models

Started by JohannesB, March 12, 2022, 03:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohannesB

If only they would send their products to my country as well. I would love to buy one/some.

Nimravus

They look wonderful! It looks like they are chilean, but I have checked to where they ship and they do to most part of Europe and North America!
https://wonderartisticmodels.com/

Mattyonyx

Yeah, they look amazing! We had an interview with creator Simòn Álvarez, you can read it here: https://www.paleo-nerd.com/specials/wonder-artistic-models-an-interview-with-simon-alvarez/

Libraraptor

Wow, these Look like grown-up versions of those cheap wooden toy skeletons, I have never seen anything like this before.

Darko2300

I've got several of these kits on their way to me right now; the customer service is outstanding, and it's been a wonderful experience so far. I'll be sure to let you guys and gals know what I think when they arrive!

Darko2300

Okay my first order of kits just arrived, and while I haven't started building them yet I'm really impressed. You can tell Simón truly cares about what he's doing - everything is wrapped and re-wrapped so well - and the packaging is spot on. I think this company might very well be one of my most exciting discoveries of 2022. (And with it being the same year as Prehistoric Planet, that's definitely saying something.)

So on my Table:

- 2020 Spinosaurus (After today's news, I wonder if this'll be revised again? 😅)
- Brachiosaurus
- Quetzalcoatlus

(And a Carnotaurus on the way!)

Dusty Wren

I couldn't resist the Columbian mammoth, so I put in an order this week. Just got the notification that it shipped. It's going to be hard waiting so long for it to arrive from Chile ;D

avatar_Darko2300 @Darko2300, have you started putting yours together yet? Would love to see some photos of the process if you have. 
Check out my customs thread!

Darko2300

avatar_Dusty Wren @Dusty Wren I haven't yet - I've been so busy with other things but amusingly, my Columbian Mammoth just shipped as well!  ;D  That thing just looks so incredible, I couldn't resist. (Now I'm going to have to decide which kit to tackle first; there's so many...)

I'm also hoping that they'll have their new Giganotosaurus and Therizinosaurus kits up by the end of the month as planned. I figure one more large order this summer, and I'll have enough to keep me busy for the rest of the year!

Dusty Wren

Wait, hold on, they're making a Therizinosaurus?? Where did they mention this?

I knew that I'd probably be ordering from them again before too long anyway (I'm excited about too many of their figures to stop at just the mammoth) but I might be placing that order sooner than I thought if a Therizinosaurus is in the works.

Also, while I was looking at their social media, I saw the photo they posted of their Mawsonia. It's nice to see a fish in their line, and I'm impressed by how much detail they put into it.

Darko2300

Simón mentioned it to me in our correspondence. He's also hinted at another large sauropod, but I think that's too far away to say anything definitive yet. But yes, Therizinosaurus! (I guess they hope to ride the Dominion train, right?)

Dusty Wren

The one thing I appreciate about Dominion is that it's going to boost the popularity of therizinosaurs. Which means more figures, hopefully.

Darko2300

Therizinosaurus is up! 😱 (And it looks incredible.)

https://wonderartisticmodels.com/producto/therizinosaurus/

Dusty Wren

That Therizinosaurus is amazing. And they also just put up a Giganotosaurus, so they're clearly riding the Dominion wave. Good for them; that's savvy marketing.

They're offering free shipping on any two models until July 3. I was going to wait until my mammoth got here to place another order (it's stuck in customs right now, apparently) but free shipping is hard to pass up. Decisions, decisions.

Darko2300

They're just now offering FedEx shipping that's supposed to only take a week, and from experience, paying a little more for the faster shipping option always seems to be worth it. Out of the 3 orders I've received, customs has only opened one and everything looked okay when I got it, so that's something. I just placed an order for 2 Giganotosaurus' myself yesterday. Simón has himself a customer for life! 😅

Halichoeres

A couple new ones out recently:

Thalassomedon

Mawsonia, with the anal fin paired. The same malady afflicts Safari's Toob Orthacanthus and Xenacanthus. It also leaves out the ossified lung, which is one of the coolest things about a coelacanth skeleton!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.