News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Suspsy's Collection

Started by suspsy, November 22, 2012, 08:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

petebuster1

Quote from: suspsy on January 03, 2013, 11:41:31 PM
Well, I finally had time to dig out the rest of my collection from storage. Here is my Jurassic Park collection:

And my Lost World collection:

And finally my assorted JP toys, a couple of Dino Riders, and a Pachycephalosaurus bought at a museum many, many years ago:

More to come!
no offence they have made some awful models

CityRaptor

Well, to be fair they never claimed them to be museum quality. And they are Action Figures, not static figures.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Quote from: petebuster1 on January 20, 2015, 10:15:39 PM
Quote from: suspsy on January 03, 2013, 11:41:31 PM
Well, I finally had time to dig out the rest of my collection from storage. Here is my Jurassic Park collection:

And my Lost World collection:

And finally my assorted JP toys, a couple of Dino Riders, and a Pachycephalosaurus bought at a museum many, many years ago:

More to come!
no offence they have made some awful models

None taken. The toys from the first JP and TLW lines are fine for their time, but JP3 took a major nosedive. And JW looks to be continuing it.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Dinomike

Rexford rules! Great collection!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

CityRaptor

Quote from: suspsy on January 21, 2015, 01:06:39 AM
The toys from the first JP and TLW lines are fine for their time, but JP3 took a major nosedive. And JW looks to be continuing it.

Very true. Especially the JP figures looked better than some of the Museum Quality figures of that time.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Here finally is my CollectA assortment. Most of them are courtesy of Fauna Figures. Not a lot, I admit, but that will definitely change this year.

triceratops83

The Collectas you do have are all nice ones. I wish they would retire their older figures, they're a bit of an embarrassment to these new ones.

Are there any Jurassic Park figures still on your wish list? 'Cause it's surprising how cheap a lot of them pop up for on Ebay, even Mint On Card.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

Quote from: triceratops83 on February 09, 2015, 04:29:05 PM
The Collectas you do have are all nice ones. I wish they would retire their older figures, they're a bit of an embarrassment to these new ones.

Agreed. If CollectA were to halt production on all its pre-2011 prehistoric figures, I doubt anyone would be upset. And yes, I'm quite selective with my CollectA choices, or at least I was. I certainly plan on getting the entire 2015 assortment.

QuoteAre there any Jurassic Park figures still on your wish list? 'Cause it's surprising how cheap a lot of them pop up for on Ebay, even Mint On Card.

Nah, I've got enough already. Besides, it'd mean less cash to spend on brand new stuff. :)

Tallin

Oh, I don't know, I'm somewhat fond of their cute 2010 Kentrosaurus. Lovely collection by the way suspsy! :D

Arul

Wohooo love that collecta  :D i just got that trike corpse few days ago from a store in singapore  :D

suspsy

Yes, the dead Triceratops and Stegosaurus are two of my all-time favourites. I grew up watching nature documentaries where predators dispatched and devoured prey, so I would have dearly loved toys like these as a child. My fiancée, however, absolutely hates them. Some of my non-dinofan friends also think they're disgusting.

triceratops83

Quote from: suspsy on February 11, 2015, 03:33:24 PM
Yes, the dead Triceratops and Stegosaurus are two of my all-time favourites. I grew up watching nature documentaries where predators dispatched and devoured prey, so I would have dearly loved toys like these as a child. My fiancée, however, absolutely hates them. Some of my non-dinofan friends also think they're disgusting.

My four year old niece often tries to administer first aid to my dead Triceratops. Aside from carcasses it'd be good to see Collecta try some other things - like nesting dinosaurs, or sleeping. The new Temnodontosaurus is going that way, I suppose.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

suspsy

As I've mentioned before, I would really love to see CollectA do a dead theropod next. A gored T. Rex is probably the first thing that comes to most people's minds, but I think a cooler idea is a Mapusaurus that's been crushed and mangled by the feet of an angry Argentinosaurus. Just like in that one episode of Planet Dinosaur. :)

I'm really excited about the Temnodontosaurus. The problem with sleeping dinosaurs, however, is that they'd probably be too dull and unexciting. CollectA needs to keep children in mind as well as collectors when they design their products. It's the same reason why most African lion figures are in stalking poses as opposed to lying down.

And that's adorable about your niece. :)

triceratops83

The Mapusaurus is a good idea, I remember the big footprints in its' chest from PD. Majungasaurus would be good as well in a two pack with an updated version.
Yeah, I understand about keeping it exciting for kids, but Collecta's the brand to pull it off. Also, Schleich's done a resting lion, so  it's not out of the question. I wonder if the Daspletosaurus was a good seller? A whole set of a pride of Tyrannosaurs could include a number of poses and age groups. I wouldn't even rule out Collecta doing a mating pair of dinosaurs. I think next year Collecta is really going to wow us.

suspsy

Oh, I'd totally snap up a sleeping dinosaur figure. It'd be indescribably wonderful if the 2016 lineup included a resting/doozing/brooding Deluxe Feathered T. Rex. Then you could have Mommy, Daddy, and Junior.

I've thought about a mating pair of dinosaurs or megafauna, but I wonder if even CollectA is ballsy enough to pull that off. Fact is, human culture gets way more upset about any kind of sexual imagery than violent imagery. At least North American culture does. :p

triceratops83

True, true. I think there'd be an outcry from someone somewhere. But dinosaurs make it in a number of documentaries... I wouldn't expect it, BUT, at the same time, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Collecta managed it.
Schleich has a number of Lion cubs in playing poses, that might be a more feasible direction.

stargatedalek

Perhaps a more "subtle" mating behavior, with a pair of animals displaying to each other.

Awesome collection you've got, if its CollectA you're looking to get more of I can't recommend that kelenken enough ;)

suspsy

The Kelenken seems to be out of stock everywhere I look. :(

suspsy

"I love you, Daddy."
"I love you too, son."
:)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: