News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Non-Dino Art Thread

Started by Papi-Anon, April 14, 2022, 06:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papi-Anon

I didn't see a thread like this, so hopefully this isn't a duplicate idea.

Welcome to the Non-Dino Artwork Thread! In this thread we post drawings, sculptures, poetry, prose, digital models, and anything else artistic that we do that isn't dino/paleo related. So whether it's extant life, people past and present, buildings, fantasy/sci-fi, modern scenery, etc. post your creative works!

I'll start with a non-dino print I did not too long ago. For those unfamiliar, there are 1/12 scale blank figures called Sozai-chan/Sozai-kun that are roughly compatible with the Japanese figure lines such as Figma and Figuarts. Well, this print I did is a Sozai-compatible centaur body that attaches to the lower torso.

Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

CityRaptor

"Does this make my butt look fat?"

Fun aside, I think the proportions are a bit off. Either the horse part needs to be smaller or the human part bigger.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Papi-Anon

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 14, 2022, 02:04:29 PM
"Does this make my butt look fat?"

Fun aside, I think the proportions are a bit off. Either the horse part needs to be smaller or the human part bigger.

Yeah, the horse body needs to be scaled down. It's the right size for an actual horse to ride, but too big for the Sozais. Rescaling it will be a bit tricky since the walls of the hollow parts (torso, thighs, shoulders) are all 1.25mm thick, so I'll have to thicken them to keep them from having wall thickness issues.

Another solution, as you basically mentioned, would be to just make a body of my own that IS the right scale and cut out the need to get a Sozai body.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.