News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE

Started by dragon53, May 13, 2022, 03:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on December 18, 2023, 04:18:21 PMHot take.

Make Zillas breath more useful, &  make more then just one "ADULT"

Make his name the real JOKE.   Theres a lizard like monster attack reported in Tokyo.  Suddenly there is one in America.

But the Japanese know that this is a completely diffrent creture!.

I don't even know if you can say the film version HAS a breath weapon. It's more accidental. 

More than one adult was a plot issue in the film, every baby was born with the ability to reproduce on it's own.

He was actually referred to as GINO ( Godzilla in Name Only.) originally before Toho said it was officially Zilla. He is mentioned in at least one other Godzilla film..I think Shin?

You might like the animated series more, I sure did.

Camzilla94

The animated series is great. Love just about every design Fil Barlow did for it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Camzilla94 on December 19, 2023, 03:39:49 PMThe animated series is great. Love just about every design Fil Barlow did for it.

Great designs, plot twists, just a better story overall even though the concept borrowed heavily from the Hanna Barbara series. ;)

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 19, 2023, 01:55:12 AM
Quote from: Takama on December 18, 2023, 04:18:21 PMHot take.

Make Zillas breath more useful, &  make more then just one "ADULT"

Make his name the real JOKE.   Theres a lizard like monster attack reported in Tokyo.  Suddenly there is one in America.

I don't even know if you can say the film version HAS a breath weapon. It's more accidental. 

More than one adult was a plot issue in the film, every baby was born with the ability to reproduce on it's own.

He was actually referred to as GINO ( Godzilla in Name Only.) originally before Toho said it was officially Zilla. He is mentioned in at least one other Godzilla film..I think Shin?

You might like the animated series more, I sure did.

I will say I do not agree with the so called "science" that Godzilla 1998 claims. When I said more then one Adult,   I meant in my vision a proper Male and Female.   

I love the film, due to memories with my Father, and i own the DVD to this Day

Blade-of-the-Moon

https://www.facebook.com/JadaToys

https://www.facebook.com/TL2Bie/videos/275138448874741

Jada posted a video of their RC Godzilla from the new film up on facebook.  It's cool, I still don't like that sucked in gut of his.

Can't really see the thagomizer too well, maybe intentional.  I also saw some pics of Kong and Skar with rubber faces that can snarl when you push a button that's a pretty cool feature.

dragon53

GODZILLA X KONG: THE NEW EMPIRE---poster released for the sequel.

Ankyloranodon

The poster looks like a fanmade fake someone on Facebook would try to pass off as real. I expect there will be a better one later.

Quote from: Takama on December 18, 2023, 04:18:21 PMMake his name the real JOKE.   Theres a lizard like monster attack reported in Tokyo.  Suddenly there is one in America.

Toho's made this joke in two separate movies already - GMK in 2001, referring to "Godzilla" appearing in New York in 1998 after his first appearance in 1954, but Japanese scientists being skeptical it's the same creature, and in Final Wars in 2004 with a fight between Godzilla and Zilla where the imitation gets his unceremonious just desserts. He then gets dissed by the main villain as a fish-eating loser.

Takama

Quote from: Ankyloranodon on December 28, 2023, 07:47:09 PMThe poster looks like a fanmade fake someone on Facebook would try to pass off as real. I expect there will be a better one later.

Quote from: Takama on December 18, 2023, 04:18:21 PMMake his name the real JOKE.   Theres a lizard like monster attack reported in Tokyo.  Suddenly there is one in America.

Toho's made this joke in two separate movies already - GMK in 2001, referring to "Godzilla" appearing in New York in 1998 after his first appearance in 1954, but Japanese scientists being skeptical it's the same creature, and in Final Wars in 2004 with a fight between Godzilla and Zilla where the imitation gets his unceremonious just desserts. He then gets dissed by the main villain as a fish-eating loser.

I meant a full on movie, and not just a shoe horn in to appease dihards who must have everything EXACTLY as it should be.

Imagine a film (or maybe a novel, just to be diffrent)  simaler to Godzilla 2014 where two adult GINOs (male & female) are found nesting in New York long after reports of A giant Reptilian creature has invaded Japan.   The Americans think they are the same creatures, but the Japanese know that they are not the ones!   

Then eventually, The Real deal arrives to the City, but unlike the "laughing Stock" that gets killed in a instant. These mutant "iguanas" are legit strong enough to take on the Big G himself.....at least to put on a better fight then the joke potrayed in "final Wars".

Oh the nest of baby GINOs?   They are realisticly sized for a creature of these sizes when we apply "actual science" to them, and when they get destroyed by either a Human Cherector (or maybe Big G), a angry mama Gino takes on Big G before eventually She falls to him in a final battle that leaves him, and the Male in a better fight that wished i would of seen in final wars after all these years.

With that being said, do we have a general Godzilla/Kaiju thread?  Or can someone create one to split this discussion?

Ankyloranodon

That idea just appeals to the narrower field of Zilla diehards lol. You pretty much described a reskinned Godzilla 2014.

Takama

Quote from: Ankyloranodon on December 28, 2023, 09:02:57 PMThat idea just appeals to the narrower field of Zilla diehards lol. You pretty much described a reskinned Godzilla 2014.

I did not say it was Original :))

Point is,   i just wish something more can be done with the monster and Godzilla on Screen.

I said it once, ill say it twice

Everyone got there rematch between Godzilla and the big Smelly Ape who seems to want to steal his franchise in America.

Now i wish to see a proper Rematch between Godzilla and Gino, and if they can give Kong a litteral AXE to aid in battle, then why not rewrite the Ginos powers from scratch?

CityRaptor

The Godzilla: Rulers of Earth comic had a good fight between Godzilla and Zilla in issue 2. Godzilla was clearly stronger, but Zilla was faster, making him hard to catch. And yes, he survives the whole comic run.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Takama on December 28, 2023, 09:23:56 PM
Quote from: Ankyloranodon on December 28, 2023, 09:02:57 PMThat idea just appeals to the narrower field of Zilla diehards lol. You pretty much described a reskinned Godzilla 2014.

I did not say it was Original :))

Point is,   i just wish something more can be done with the monster and Godzilla on Screen.

I said it once, ill say it twice

Everyone got there rematch between Godzilla and the big Smelly Ape who seems to want to steal his franchise in America.

Now i wish to see a proper Rematch between Godzilla and Gino, and if they can give Kong a litteral AXE to aid in battle, then why not rewrite the Ginos powers from scratch?

I think it would be immensely funny if they brought Zilla back and hyped him up via word-of-mouth only for a 5 second cameo before death to occur for a second time
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Faelrin

Some new upcoming figures that have either released, or upcoming. Spoilers ahead as it contains at least one new creature, names:

Here's some in hand pics of the new figures and sets available in some places already, and some of the Mattel Mega sets:

Spoiler

https://shop.mattel.com/products/mega-showcase-kong-x-godzilla-the-new-empire-godzilla-htr78

https://shop.mattel.com/products/mega-showcase-kong-x-godzilla-the-new-empire-kong-htr77

I love that Titanus Doug is now the official name for that guy, after the fans started calling him that. I loved Doug the moment I saw him watching GvsK, despite the short and sudden screentime. The fan made animations of him have been really cute and funny too. I guess this confirms we're seeing more of the dude. I wonder if it's in response to all the fan love for it? Although I did see something on the wikizilla saying the director of GvsK wanted to have him in the next film, if he was to direct it (which he is), and wanted him to be officially named Doug too, so guess he got his wish. Edit: More info on Doug returning here.

That new Shimo creature looks really interesting too, though the toy doesn't quite do it justice perhaps. Hope Hiya has one of it coming out later (also Doug too, because honestly I was kind of hoping they would do one, before I saw that Playmates has a figure of this guy coming out).

Now the weirdest thing is from Playmates that has been getting quite a number of memes already:

A homage to the original Godzilla designs being suits? Or the alternate body horror idea that's been floating around in the memes? Who knows, lol.
[close]

Here's a review of most of the new toys coming out:

Spoiler
[close]
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

I expect several of those monsters to have much better figures later, even statues. I think I like our new reptilian villain kaiju quite a bit so far from what I've seen.. the Varan appearance helps a lot lol I might buy a better figure of him.

Spoiler
Now that weird figure is definitely just that. The last figure I recall to have that was the werewolf figure from Van Helsing I think? It had a rubbery werewolf body you could pull over the human figure.

I've heard it's part of his hibernation cycle but if so he should have came in a crystal ice case he could pop out of not his old body. I think they are changing way too much at once. 
[close]

CityRaptor

Spoiler
Titan Evolution Godzilla is basically the Big G wearing a fat suit. Durability issues aside, I find that figure rather unapeeling.
[close]
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Brocc21

I wont comment on the specifics of the new leaks, but I do hope they're real. If so the movie sounds like it will be a very fun time.

I just hope the movie has an equal balance between Godzilla and Kong. I understand that Kong is a more relatable character, he has been since his inception. But if Godzilla has roughly human level intelligence, just like Kong, then there's no reason we can't have the story follow him as a main character as well.
"Boy do I hate being right all the time."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Brocc21 on December 29, 2023, 09:05:08 PMI wont comment on the specifics of the new leaks, but I do hope they're real. If so the movie sounds like it will be a very fun time.

I just hope the movie has an equal balance between Godzilla and Kong. I understand that Kong is a more relatable character, he has been since his inception. But if Godzilla has roughly human level intelligence, just like Kong, then there's no reason we can't have the story follow him as a main character as well.

From what I've always understood this is a KONG movie with Godzilla as a side kick. Meaning he gets the most story and screen time. Kong apparently needs Godzilla to make money lol I hope the next film is a Godzilla one again.

GojiraGuy1954

Kong: Skull Island was Monsterverse Kong's only solo film and still the highest grossing of this whole series
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on January 01, 2024, 04:30:17 PMKong: Skull Island was Monsterverse Kong's only solo film and still the highest grossing of this whole series

QuoteKong: Skull Island grossed $168 million in the United States and Canada and $400.6 million in other territories for a worldwide gross of $568.6 million.[4] With a production budget of $185 million, with about $136 million more spent on international marketing costs, the film needed to make at least $450–500 million worldwide to break-even.

Which it barely did. Godzilla (2014) still did better overall since it cost less to make.  Honestly looking at this chart the films are on a downward trajectory. One more after the newest one coming out is possibly all we will have for awhile.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/franchise/MonsterVerse#tab=summary

Faelrin

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: