News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AAA's dinosaurs

Started by tyrantqueen, November 29, 2012, 03:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docronnie

Brachiosaurus
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Raptoress

Hopefully it's considered acceptable to write on an old thread... In the past people have advised me to reply to an already made thread rather than starting a new one. So I apologise in advance if I've made a mistake.

I used to have loads of the AAA figures when I was little. :) This thread is bringing back lots of memories of when I considered them to be the best brand and 'realistic', lol. (understand I was about 6 at the time and grew up with the common misconceptions on dinosaurs) I had the triceratops, styracosaurus, iguanadon, T Rex, deinonychus, stegosaurus and pteranodon. I gave most of them to my 7 year old nephew now though as my tastes have changed as I've got older. I do still have the euoplocephalus, though. But I'm selling him on eBay.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Aliciaraptor on November 11, 2013, 09:35:46 PM
Hopefully it's considered acceptable to write on an old thread... In the past people have advised me to reply to an already made thread rather than starting a new one. So I apologise in advance if I've made a mistake.

I used to have loads of the AAA figures when I was little. :) This thread is bringing back lots of memories of when I considered them to be the best brand and 'realistic', lol. (understand I was about 6 at the time and grew up with the common misconceptions on dinosaurs) I had the triceratops, styracosaurus, iguanadon, T Rex, deinonychus, stegosaurus and pteranodon. I gave most of them to my 7 year old nephew now though as my tastes have changed as I've got older. I do still have the euoplocephalus, though. But I'm selling him on eBay.

Actually, it's fine. I think the mods would prefer that you resurrect an old thread rather than make a duplicate of one we already have :) Most people here aren't too concerned about thread necromancy, unlike other forums.

AAA are actually one of my favourite companies, but not so much for their dinosaurs. I like their extant animals, particularly their cast reptiles.

Raptoress

Quote from: tyrantqueen on November 12, 2013, 02:27:59 AM
Quote from: Aliciaraptor on November 11, 2013, 09:35:46 PM

Actually, it's fine. I think the mods would prefer that you resurrect an old thread rather than make a duplicate of one we already have :) Most people here aren't too concerned about thread necromancy, unlike other forums.

AAA are actually one of my favourite companies, but not so much for their dinosaurs. I like their extant animals, particularly their cast reptiles.

Oh good. :) Thank you for clearing that up for me. I used to also have a lot of AAA animals as well as dinosaurs. I've been selling a lot of them on eBay recently. When I was little I used to think the dinosaurs were the most amazing quality ever, lol. I'm not so keen on them these days. Their deinonychus is so horrible it's good. A lot of them are great as retrosaurs and for a few laughs.

DC

I like the AAA Gallimimus, Edmontonia, Euplocephalus and Ceratosaurus.  The Utahraptor looks more like the original reconstruction of Zupaysaurus.
They make the only toy dromesaurus figure even if it has a Kangaroo posture. The Styracosaurus looks like Einosaurus?
http://www.dinosaurcollectorsitea.com/AAA.html
The scale is mixed so you mix and match with your other sets.  Very compatible with UKRD figures.  Some of the figure are very large had heavy.
Only one company in the US imports AAA it is in New Jersey and hard to reach.  Last I heard you had to order directly from the factory in China.  ELC in UK adds them with other sets.  The small figures are interesting too the Diplodocus is a fit for the small Safari figures.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

tyrantqueen

QuoteThe above were smuggled out of England to us by our primary asset in the UK, Anthony Beeson
Lol, are AAA contraband in North America?  >:D ;)

DC

I have wondered about why we see none of the recent AAA figures in the US and testing for  phthalates.  I was told it cost about $10K per figure to pass testing a burden for small independent distributors.  Most major companies have their own testing process that is cheaper.

DC

This is supposed to be a AAA figure has anyone collected it or know where it is sold currently?

thanks Randy

tyrantqueen

Quote from: DC on January 19, 2014, 08:21:57 PM

This is supposed to be a AAA figure has anyone have it or know where it is sold currently?

thanks Randy
I've never seen it. It could be a new sculpt.

SBell

Quote from: DC on November 17, 2013, 06:14:33 AM
I have wondered about why we see none of the recent AAA figures in the US and testing for  phthalates.  I was told it cost about $10K per figure to pass testing a burden for small independent distributors.  Most major companies have their won testing process that is cheaper.

AAA isn't necessarily small, but the testing regulations (not necessarily for pthalates, but for things like lead) have caused some lines to end completely (the COG Prehistoric Panorama being the most disappointing). It is still available in Canada as well, but the line seems to be partial at best. Some of the dinosaurs are all over Drumheller, for example, to the exclusion of modern companies, but they seem to have figures that were released at least 10 years ago and nothing newer. The animals are even less common (and still no where near the full line). I know the Canadian company that distributes them, and they haven't changed or added since 1998.

DC

There is one company based in New Jersy that imports AAA no web site hard to do bussiness with.  The interesting stuff is all in China and Europe.

Raptoress

I still have a few various AAA animal figures for sale if anyone is interested. They may have a bit of wear though as they are mine from when I was younger. (But I did play with them gently.)

docronnie

All of my AAA dinos are not dated, how about yours?
Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

Blackdanter

Quote from: DC on January 19, 2014, 08:21:57 PM

This is supposed to be a AAA figure has anyone collected it or know where it is sold currently?

thanks Randy

I have this figure Randy. It is a genuine AAA and never went into full production. It's a walloping lump of plastic and probably just wasn't economical to produce at the end of the day.  ;)

Blackdanter

Quote from: docronnie on July 17, 2014, 11:43:51 AM
All of my AAA dinos are not dated, how about yours?

Doc, I don't think any of mine are dated.

Here's another set of AAA dinos that seem to have had a very short limited production run. There's also a Brachiosaurus and Dimetrodon in this set but I can't find them at the minute!  ::)

stargatedalek

I have a couple of AAA dinosaurs and a lot of AAA sealife that I'm trying to clear out to make more space
and I'm curious what do they tend to go for and how much demand is there for them?

Blackdanter

Quote from: stargatedalek on July 17, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
I have a couple of AAA dinosaurs and a lot of AAA sealife that I'm trying to clear out to make more space
and I'm curious what do they tend to go for and how much demand is there for them?

They don't have any great value. Even the prehistoric mammals, Gallimimus and Dilophosaurus have a lesser value now as most collectors realise that that their availability is down to distribution rather than actual production status.

SBell

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 17, 2014, 01:00:49 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on July 17, 2014, 12:40:53 PM

They don't have any great value. Even the prehistoric mammals, Gallimimus and Dilophosaurus have a lesser value now as most collectors realise that that their availability is down to distribution rather than actual production status.

To be fair, though, there is still some demand for a few of them (such as the ones you listed, maybe the Elasmosaurus). But yeah, overall, the dinosaur prices you see in auctions, etc are way too high, hence you see them coming up over and over.

As for the sea life, demand would depend on what ones--some like the array of shellfish and crustaceans, have always been tough to find but their demand may be limited; some of the sharks, fish, etc can be much more variable. Of the AAA offerings, the most valuable/sought after are probable the variety of reptile figures, especially the big lizards and snakes that were moulded off of real specimens.

stargatedalek

the molded from real specimens reptiles also happen to be the ones I'm keeping ;)
I don't want to overcharge on them and really I just want the space, so if no one is interested I may end up donating them

SpittersForEver

I have a brown and Yellow rearing up diplodocus made by AAA anyone heard of it?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: