News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

AAA's dinosaurs

Started by tyrantqueen, November 29, 2012, 03:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: SpittersForEver on July 17, 2014, 04:29:20 PM
I have a brown and Yellow rearing up diplodocus made by AAA anyone heard of it?
Is it this one?

It's supposed to be a Brachiosaurus...which would be mistake on AAA's part since it is rather unlikely that Brachiosaurs were capable of rearing (nor would they need to, they could probably reach any treetops they wanted just fine).

DC

I got mine on  atrip to UK a feew years back.  I think at an ELC store.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

DC

Quote from: Blackdanter on July 17, 2014, 12:07:18 PM
Quote from: docronnie on July 17, 2014, 11:43:51 AM
All of my AAA dinos are not dated, how about yours?

Here's another set of AAA dinos that seem to have had a very short limited production run. There's also a Brachiosaurus and Dimetrodon in this set but I can't find them at the minute!  ::)

Was it painted?
Interesting thanks l;ooks like I need to update my AAA page.
You can never have too many dinosaurs

Blade-of-the-Moon

Finally took pics of my big AAA figures.

sauroid

wow i really like that Dimetrodon. hope to find one someday.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Reptilia

The Dimetrodon looks familiar, I must have seen one somewhere when I was a kid. How old are these?

PlesiosaurusNessy

Super giant,big,heavy vinyl AAA Dinosaur Collection! And nice photos! I like the giant AAA dinosaurs very much and own a whole
herd of these giants dinosaurs and a greater lot of the medium size AAA dino eggs,there were a total of 8 different AAA dino eggs
made, I own six of them and the adult dinos to the eggs,only the brachiosaurus of them is missing at the moment.
And the medium size Elasmosaurus is missing,too!

My giant AAA dinosaur collection consists of a whole herd of these diant AAA´s, 2 Dimetrodon, 3 Parasaurolophus, 2 Brachiosaurus
(2 more coming),6 Dromaeosaurus/Velociraptor/Deinonychus(4 more coming), 1 T-Rex!

And from the new AAA dinobaby serie I have the Trike, Apato and T-Rex baby and a medium size Utahraptor,these dinos are all
painted in a battat-like style!

From the giant AAA dinosaurs are existing exact china copies in the same giant size,as there are a giant Dimetrodon,T-Rex,Brachio
saurus, Parasaurolophus, Dromaeosaurus/Velociraptor/Deinonychus, Styracosaurus and a Triceratops(him I don´t own,but all the
others mentioned!).
Here I own 4 giant Dimetrodon, 3 T-Rex, 2 Dromaeosaurus,2 Parasaurolophus,2 Brachiosaurus, 1 Styracosaurus(3 more coming)!
These china copies are made in the same size,but there are consisting of hard light weight inside hollow plastic, a n d : they have
moveable legs and arms(T-Rex,Parasaurolophus,Dromaeosaurus)! They are made in China from TM Company.

When you put all these giants in the garden, it is an impressive picture! A whole herd giant AAA Dinosaurs...
I own a lot other animals od AAA, too.

In former times, the 70s, AAA produced a lot of the cheap, so-called "open mouth screaming" dinosaurs in dark brown, here I have
an Ankylosaurus, Stegosaurus,Triceratops,Plesiosaurus/Elasmosaurus(yellow) and 3 Pteranodon(yellow), little and big, and a
few "yelling" Apato-/Brontosaurus!

Happy further AAA dinosaur collecting!
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Reptilia on March 10, 2018, 12:11:12 PM
The Dimetrodon looks familiar, I must have seen one somewhere when I was a kid. How old are these?

I think the Dimetro dates from the early nineties.

Shonisaurus

I have the AAA dromeosaurus and it continues to enchant me like the first day that figure. As for the AAA pteranodon I have its medium version.

I bought the deltradomeus twenty-two years ago in the Museum Store of Natural Sciences of Madrid told me that they had left some very large dinosaurs never seen so far and among them was also the dimetrodon (which I did not buy for economic and space) for another part of the medium-sized AAA pteranodon (not the one shown in the image that is immense and that I never heard from him) in my case I found it in a piper shop more than twenty-four years ago (before I had news of that sold dinosaurs in the Museum Store of Natural Sciences) and for me it was one of my favorite figures, it would be better to call it ludodactylus.  :D

They were of my first figures with the dinosaurs of Schleich, Bullyland and the few that I had of Carnegie at that time since the company Safari had not yet appeared.  :D

I have very good memories of those two figures.  ^-^

Reptilia

Quote from: tyrantqueen on March 10, 2018, 02:19:56 PM
I think the Dimetro dates from the early nineties.

Oh yes, that's why then.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Yeah I would say late 80's early 90's ?   Still looking for the smaller pteranodon with the flappy wings I had as a kid.  That was some advanced technology to make those wings move realistically.. ;)

PlesiosaurusNessy, Would love to see some pics of your extensive collection!

I have this guy too I bought at a Dinamation exhibit with the AAA Pteranodon and an unmarked Elasmosaurus.  Not sure exactly who made him, but maybe the same as the Elasmo, which I know I've seen on here before.

He;s solid rubber like the big AAA's but only 8" tall.   I called him "Black Death " after a tyrannosaur species in one of my favorite sci fiction books.

PlesiosaurusNessy

Thanks,Blade! Yes, pictures coming soon, I need computer help from a friend,doing the posting, its very difficult with my old PC!
Your black T-Rex is the very first china version from AAA of the "newer" light gray T-Rex,you bought recently, I´ll get this old figure in
the next week, too!
By the way, Archinto owns the old black T-Rex,too and has a photo in her thread!

@Shonisaurus: Can you show us pictures of your AAA Pteranodon/Ludodactylus and the others here in this thread?
Paleontology: Science for the love to dinosaurs!

Archinto

I have quite a few AAA figures in both sizes, ill have to get them all out again and post them here. I will have to update my collection thread too, as I don't think I've posted them yet... Ive got a large parasaurolophus too. Its got the same dark green with red/burgundy crest for that one of the medium paras was painted in.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: PlesiosaurusNessy on March 10, 2018, 05:03:52 PM
Thanks,Blade! Yes, pictures coming soon, I need computer help from a friend,doing the posting, its very difficult with my old PC!
Your black T-Rex is the very first china version from AAA of the "newer" light gray T-Rex,you bought recently, I´ll get this old figure in
the next week, too!
By the way, Archinto owns the old black T-Rex,too and has a photo in her thread!

@Shonisaurus: Can you show us pictures of your AAA Pteranodon/Ludodactylus and the others here in this thread?

Are you sure? he doesn't look much like him?

I'll have to check and see Archinto's.

Quote from: Archinto on March 10, 2018, 11:05:48 PM
I have quite a few AAA figures in both sizes, ill have to get them all out again and post them here. I will have to update my collection thread too, as I don't think I've posted them yet... Ive got a large parasaurolophus too. Its got the same dark green with red/burgundy crest for that one of the medium paras was painted in.

I didnt even know there was a big Para.  Is there any more aside from what i have and the Stego/Trike?

JPuggy

I would highly recommend the AAA dimetrodon and Allosaurus. They are amazing vintage models of old reconstructions

Bowhead Whale

The old hollow AAA Dimetrodon and Stegosaurus were relased in 1978. I have the whole 1978 AAA dinosaurs set at home.

Duna

I would like to show you my AAA, then! I'm a new AAA collector, and I normally don't buy "outdated" dinosaur figures (except hard plastic ones), but a few months ago, 2 AAA came in a lot: the medium sized triceratops and the tyrannosaurus. And they were very good models for that time, a lot of colors, perfectly applied, nicely sculpted .... I fell in love with them as I did with UKRD. And later, by luck, two hatchlings in the egg came in another bunch of figures. And they were too cute to resell!  :))
So I decided then to find the rest of the babies. And when I got them all, I thought they looked too alone without their mothers! So I looked for the mothers, too. There weren't too difficult to find, luckily. And now all of them live happily!

The tyrannosaurus has no baby but looks nice among them. The rest of the medium size figures are quite different in the sculpture so I decided not to collect them. The allosaurus hatchling was released in two different colors, blue as the mother, and brown (which I have, too). I highly recommend this vintage collection.

And a few weeks ago I bought a lot of Starlux figures with a handful of very very retro screaming Hongkongsauruses in perfect condition. When they were in my hands, I was pleasantly surprised they were made by AAA, too!  :o I knew nothing about those vintage figures made in 1978. The triceratops has no AAA stamp on the belly but looks very similar to the AAA figure posted in ToyWiki with a slightly shorter nose horn. This is the AAA brand stamp on the AAA bellies.

And among other figures, I gathered some AAA vintage minis. I know even less of them, so I would be very pleased if someone can tell me more. I don't know how many are in the set. They are made of soft flexible rubber.

Shonisaurus

My congratulations on all your new acquisitions. They remind me of those figures from my college days, they were the figures from my young days, along with Carnegie and Invicta. Honestly seeing the very expensive prices of the current perfect but expensive figures, it is better in this case to focus on vintage figures of that time whose prices were comparatively a little more affordable.

ceratopsian

I have some of the AAA eggs and am fond of them for the nostalgia.  I hadn't thought of displaying them with the appropriate adults - they make a pleasing display.

Bowhead Whale

I have many hatching babies (including a double of the Stegosaurus) and the whole set of 1978 dinosaurs. They are a little damaged, though, because I played with them so much when I was little. You can see them on Toy Animal Wiki.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: