News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 02, 2023, 12:55:58 PMWho makes that giant Trike on top of your Maytag avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon ?

That is an older Tsukuda JP or TLW Trike, I think they released it twice?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on August 02, 2023, 03:59:34 PMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Easily two of their best figures this year. Congrats on getting them.

Thanks! I had to keep from ordering the Trike from Japan..lol  I honestly love the detail and does scale with the mainline Rexes. I think my only disappointment was the size as I had thought it was similar to the mosasaur so I was thinking it was as large as the Tsukuda lol which would almost make it a super colossal.

TheHeavyWing

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 05:49:56 AMHabitat Defender with my other BIG guys..

HC Brachiosaurus came in a day early, very surprised it beats out the HC version for me. It took some tries but it can stand upright.

I'm interested in seeing this picture, but for some reason it's not shown. Could it be a problem from the pic hosting site, or something on my end?

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheHeavyWing on August 06, 2023, 01:47:47 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 02, 2023, 05:49:56 AMHabitat Defender with my other BIG guys..

HC Brachiosaurus came in a day early, very surprised it beats out the HC version for me. It took some tries but it can stand upright.

I'm interested in seeing this picture, but for some reason it's not shown. Could it be a problem from the pic hosting site, or something on my end?

I share from FB usually so you need a fb account and they also change links frequently. It's not ideal but I haven't had time to open an account anywhere else.

These pics and more should be in my album there:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10211585520210139&type=3

TheHeavyWing

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 06, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

I share from FB usually so you need a fb account and they also change links frequently. It's not ideal but I haven't had time to open an account anywhere else.

These pics and more should be in my album there:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10211585520210139&type=3

The link reads "content unavailable", unfortunately. Thank you for the link anyway. Are you a member of any JP toys group on FB? If so I will check there, I'm mostly interested in seeing how the Trike scales next to the Tsukuda one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheHeavyWing on August 06, 2023, 06:18:49 PM

The link reads "content unavailable", unfortunately. Thank you for the link anyway. Are you a member of any JP toys group on FB? If so I will check there, I'm mostly interested in seeing how the Trike scales next to the Tsukuda one.

I am, I shared them in one, but in reply to another's post. 

TheHeavyWing

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2023, 04:54:13 AM

They look amazing together! Thank you very much for the pic!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: TheHeavyWing on August 07, 2023, 03:01:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2023, 04:54:13 AM

They look amazing together! Thank you very much for the pic!

Your quite welcome, luckily I didn't have to dig too far to find it lol

DinoFan2010

That Triceratops is very nice! I don't have the Tsukuda, so could you take a picture of it compared with the Roarivores Triceratops?

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on August 07, 2023, 04:41:49 PMThat Triceratops is very nice! I don't have the Tsukuda, so could you take a picture of it compared with the Roarivores Triceratops?

Not my pic, but this should cover just about everything.

DinoFan2010

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2023, 05:56:31 PM
Quote from: DinoFan2010 on August 07, 2023, 04:41:49 PMThat Triceratops is very nice! I don't have the Tsukuda, so could you take a picture of it compared with the Roarivores Triceratops?

Thank yo so much, BotM (coincidence? I think NOT!) ;D

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan2010 on August 08, 2023, 12:43:12 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 07, 2023, 05:56:31 PM

Thank yo so much, BotM (coincidence? I think NOT!) ;D

lol your welcome!

ItsTwentyBelow

Grabbed the Elasmosaurus on the shelf at Target yesterday, be on the lookout everyone! The action features are GREAT!

Primeval12

So the Ptrosaurus that did not have teeth get teeth and the ones that didn't don't??? WHAT?!

Faelrin

The pros:
-Pycnofibers
-The articulation
-Missing teeth aside, decent skull shape
-Coloration

The cons:
-The skull lacks teeth
-They gave the hands an extra digit
-Bad distribution (likely)

Aside from the figures quirks, I'd like to get my hands on this one. I'm still behind on the Borealopelta, etc though so who knows when I will get to it.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

crazy8wizard

I'm excited to own this one since Ornithocheirid figures are few and far between. I'm just baffled that every single toothless pterosaur species Mattel has made (Except Quetzalcoatlus) has gotten teeth but this one doesn't have any. If the distribution on these isn't too atrocious I might get an extra and sculpt in teeth myself.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Primeval12 on August 15, 2023, 09:11:30 PMSo the Ptrosaurus that did not have teeth get teeth and the ones that didn't don't??? WHAT?!

I  said this exact same thing on FB earlier today lol

ItsTwentyBelow

Picked up the Ornithocheirus today after seeing it while out Sunday and waffling; I don't really like Mattel's lack of accurate dentition in almost all of their pterosaurs...but I like rarer genera and it's otherwise not a bad figure, plus who knows when I'd see another.

DinoFan2010

I got the Xuanhaosaurus a while back, ending up using in play as a Yutyrannus ;D

___🦕 🦕 🦖_________

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: