News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mattel - New for 2023

Started by Faelrin, August 27, 2022, 10:49:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

Picked up the Borealopelta this past weekend at my local Walmart. Xuanhanosaurus and Prestosuchus were there too. Distribution seems to have improved with this wave.

Flaffy

Tuojiangosaurus. Glad to see paint prices dropping and thus tail paint returning ;)

Faelrin

That looks really nice for what it's worth. I might have to pick that one up. I'm gonna go update the 2024's op with that. Hope we get a better pic of the Kaprosuchus soon.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

That's a decent figure, at least all the plates are their own color. I might get this one.

suspsy

Yeesh. Tuojiangosaurus is one of the biggest known stegosaurs, but look at how puny Mattel made it. Should at least have been a Roarivore-type.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Saw a teaser for a new vehicle set, looks like the Einiosaurus us getting reissued.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 17, 2023, 10:23:33 PMSaw a teaser for a new vehicle set, looks like the Einiosaurus us getting reissued.

That's good to hear, I never got the original Einiosaurus, doubt the paintjob will be as appealing though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 17, 2023, 11:46:46 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 17, 2023, 10:23:33 PMSaw a teaser for a new vehicle set, looks like the Einiosaurus us getting reissued.

That's good to hear, I never got the original Einiosaurus, doubt the paintjob will be as appealing though.

Me either. Probably like the Scutosaurus I guess but it might be better? I've seen that happen once or twice.

Was anyone else disappointed in Target's Beyond the Gates reveal this week? Way to drop the ball..again.  I didn't really want the Owen and Blue HC set either but at least it was totally new.

Skorpio V.

The Tuojiangosaurus is really promising! Psyched to see the paint come back on the tail and every plate!! The gaps between the plates is very apparent but still a standout among the other stegosaurs in the line.
On and off dinosaur collecting phases over the span of millions of years has led me to this very forum.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2023, 05:12:43 AM

Me either. Probably like the Scutosaurus I guess but it might be better? I've seen that happen once or twice.

Was anyone else disappointed in Target's Beyond the Gates reveal this week? Way to drop the ball..again.  I didn't really want the Owen and Blue HC set either but at least it was totally new.

True, I actually like the new Scutosaurus better.

What was the Beyond the Gates reveal? Wasn't it the already released baby T. rex and Stegosaurus? Yeah, I would take an Owen and Blue over that. Fun Fact: I do not have a single Owen or Blue in my collection.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 18, 2023, 12:37:39 PM

What was the Beyond the Gates reveal? Wasn't it the already released baby T. rex and Stegosaurus? Yeah, I would take an Owen and Blue over that. Fun Fact: I do not have a single Owen or Blue in my collection.

Yeah, it was disappointing. I already have the little Rex, had him for months now. I wasn't really in a hurry to get the Steg either. 

Really? I have maybe three Owens and about as many Blues.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 18, 2023, 02:44:41 PM

Yeah, it was disappointing. I already have the little Rex, had him for months now. I wasn't really in a hurry to get the Steg either. 

I know, most collectors have too many Owens and Blues. I never felt compelled to buy a standalone Blue or Owen (I only collect characters from the original JP) and there was never a set that they were included in that appealed to me. I would probably get Blue, Owen, and Clair if they were released in the Hammond Collection though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 18, 2023, 06:13:14 PM

I know, most collectors have too many Owens and Blues. I never felt compelled to buy a standalone Blue or Owen (I only collect characters from the original JP) and there was never a set that they were included in that appealed to me. I would probably get Blue, Owen, and Clair if they were released in the Hammond Collection though.

I'm still hoping for a JW Claire, we never received that version.

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2023, 05:25:30 AM

Definitely. If they release a Jurassic World Claire and Owen I'll get them. Probably wouldn't get any other characters from Jurassic World though. Just not as much a fan as I am of Jurassic Park.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 19, 2023, 12:24:37 PM

Definitely. If they release a Jurassic World Claire and Owen I'll get them. Probably wouldn't get any other characters from Jurassic World though. Just not as much a fan as I am of Jurassic Park.

I don't know..Hoskins with a torn apart feature would be cool, Masrani with his helicopter lol Lowerly with his old JP shirt?  The rest didn't really do much but I would mind a Jimmy Buffet figure running with his margaritas either..  ;D

Gwangi

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2023, 04:15:04 PM

I don't know..Hoskins with a torn apart feature would be cool, Masrani with his helicopter lol Lowerly with his old JP shirt?  The rest didn't really do much but I would mind a Jimmy Buffet figure running with his margaritas either..  ;D

They should all certainly exist, even if I don't personally want them. Probably would need Barry too, especially since he came back for Dominion. The kids in the Gyro also. Jimmy Buffet would make for a nice Comic Con figure.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on August 19, 2023, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on August 19, 2023, 04:15:04 PM

They should all certainly exist, even if I don't personally want them. Probably would need Barry too, especially since he came back for Dominion. The kids in the Gyro also. Jimmy Buffet would make for a nice Comic Con figure.

True, odd they didn't make him for that film even. lol that would be a great SDCC exclusive. I'm betting we get Stan Winston next.

EmperorDinobot

I need Ramsay Cole and JWD Dr. Wu to do the final battle scene.

We also need JWD Dodgson. And Franklin, for Franklin's sake. And Barry since he's in JWD, though I have a Chap Mei guy who is my stand-in for Barry and works pretty well.

Do we need JPIII-JW figures? No, not really. JPIII's Hasbro cast is complete in the same scale except for the Mercenaries and "NNNNOOO NOOOOT YEEET" guy (we don't really need him). As for JW? More ACU personnel maybe, and Hoskins.

Playsets. Need more playsets.

Gwangi

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on August 20, 2023, 08:01:27 AM"NNNNOOO NOOOOT YEEET" guy (we don't really need him). 

We do need him, and he needs to have an action feature that plays that line.

Seriously, that's probably the most quoted JP3 in my household.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: