News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Imaginary Skeleton Tyrannosaurus 1/32 Scale Model Kit by BANDAI SPIRITS

Started by modelnut, October 23, 2022, 12:20:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelnut

I just finished this kit last weekend. The Imaginary Skeleton Tyrannosaurus 1/32 Scale Model Kit by BANDAI SPIRITS. For the price this is an excellent kit. It is a styrene kit so all that you need to build it is a hobby knife and sharp nippers for cutting the parts from the sprue. Painting is up to the builder. No paint guide is given. And the pose is set with no options at all. A stubborn builder could customize it as he or she pleases but it would take an awful lot of work. I chose not to make the effort. I did change the position of the clear supporting rod however. I just couldn't see a forty-foot, six to eight-ton animal of any kind jumping three to four feet in the air. I guess that's the "imaginary" part. The model could be built without glue as well. The pieces fit that tightly. I glued mine together out of habit using liquid cement. The kit come in dark chocolate plastic. I primed and painted my kit with Valejo acrylics and craft paints. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. Now I am waiting for the 1/32 Triceratops kit to arrive. The vendor says it should be just off of the California coast.

- Leelan   https://www.deviantart.com/modelnut

Bread

Wow that looks great! I really like this kit, especially due to its scale. You've definitely improved upon it too! The one factor to me not purchasing it is due to its leaping/jumping pose. It feels impossible for such a large animal to do. With your modifications, it looks fantastic! Well done!

Pliosaurking

modelnut

Thank you!

I briefly considered changing the entire skeleton's configuration. But that would require cutting every bone to be a separate piece. That seemed like too much work. I will be content to let someone else do that.

- Leelan

JohannesB

Nice to finally have a model of dinosaur taking a dump/laying eggs. Seems to be causing her some discomfort, mouth agape. But come to think of it, I would prefer a more neutral stance. In any case, a beautiful piece.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.