News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO and Theropod Lips

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2022, 07:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I noticed in one of PNSOs older figures, the Yangchuanosaurus, has lips. As most here likely know, PNSO is notorious for not including lips in their theropods, but this older release has them. I am curious about what influenced PNSO to change to lipless figures, and if any other old figures have lips.
An oversized house cat.

Bread

PNSO's Museum Line Giganotosaurus has lips.

However, I gotta say, I'd rather the models have no lips compared to the amount of shrink wrapping these models used to have.

postsaurischian

I hope REBOR's Tyrannosaurus (whose version with lips seems to have been sold much better) works as a trendsetter here.

SRF

While PNSO's choice to not include lips is an odd one, at least they have substantiated their choices on the matter quite well, especially in the videos they've made on the creation of Winter Wilson. It's clear that these choices affect all carnivorous dinosaur figures that PNSO has designed ever since.
But today, I'm just being father

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.