News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2023

Started by suspsy, November 04, 2022, 02:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Again, I do not see how either of the statements you quoted are trying to punish you?
An oversized house cat.

Sim

Well, they come across as belittling, as I said.

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on May 17, 2023, 07:23:42 PMWell, they come across as belittling, as I said.

Nor do I see it being dismissive, if you could explain why you feel that way, I would have been a bit more understandable and try and make my responses more respectable.
An oversized house cat.

Stegotyranno420

We are all dinosaur loving brothers and sisters here, I recommend we just get along. We all love the same things and there is no need to argue or refute.  :)

Sim

avatar_Lynx @Lynx, the way I feel about it is that if someone on this forum expresses an opinion which is okay to express, they shouldn't be treated unfairly through a hostile or belittling reply.  I feel there's a line that shouldn't be crossed, and that sometimes on this forum it is crossed by mocking, belittling, going on the offensive against someone, expressing that someone's opinion is worthy of contempt, putting someone down...  As a general rule I try to say what I disagree about rather than commenting on a person's behaviour.  An exception is if someone puts me down as then I feel I have to stand up for myself.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, thanks for that! :)

avatar_suspsy @suspsy, I don't need to be educated by you.  And it's absurd to claim that refusing to watch a film clip means I'm adamantly refusing to be educated.  I don't mind being in the minority, I already am with regards to certain intrinsic things.  I'm not admitting that with regards to goals, I'm acknowledging it.  Spare your patronising.  I disagree that flaws in my argument have been pointed out.
Quote from: suspsy on May 17, 2023, 07:49:52 PMIt is your arguments that are being challenged here, not you personally or your right to make them.
No, me or my right to say things is being challenged.  It starts with you saying this:
QuoteImagine anyone seriously bemoaning an abundance of good ornithopod toys. I'm relieved that no CollectA representatives are here to see it.
That is definitely not challenging my argument. Then you said this:
QuoteOr chastising an aspiring young paleontologist because she hasn't named and described as many species as Edward Cope did. It's both unrealistic and ungenerous on your part.
"ungenerous" refers to me specifically.  Lynx then said, "I really think its going beyond nitpicky to complain about that.", which I understand to mean my right to say what I said is being disapproved of, same as with this: "yet when a company releases ornithopods regularly it becomes a problem?"
Quoteyou seem to be the only one getting defensive. It's even a little bit silly, and do not take this in the wrong way, that you believe others are harassing you when they disagree with your opinion.
The above does seem to me to be challenging me.  Same with this:
QuoteIt is most difficult to understand anything in life if one adamantly refuses to be educated.
And this:
Quoteyet you appear to be merely parroting yourself at this point
Quote from: suspsy on May 17, 2023, 07:49:52 PMTo claim harassment or punishment simply because a bunch of people disagreed with you is frankly doing a disservice to those who really do experience that kind of heinous mistreatment on a regular basis.
I've already made it clear I have no problem with disagreement, and the problem I have is what you and Lynx said.  It's interesting to read what you've just said as I have received mistreatment from you quite regularly during my time on this forum.  I don't know or understand why you have abused me repeatedly, but it has to stop.  I politely ask that you don't respond to my posts again.

suspsy

avatar_Sim @Sim, I'm afraid you're only further proving my point with those quotes, all of which are attacking your arguments as opposed to you personally. Calling a person's behaviour or argument unfair or unreasonable or even nitpicky is not a personal attack, let alone abuse. And yes, if you refuse to learn the meaning behind a certain analogy by reading or in this case, viewing an explanation, then the fault for not understanding it is indeed entirely on you. I stand by everything I have written here. And having said that, I have nothing else left to say on this topic.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Lynx

Quote from: Sim on May 17, 2023, 08:37:43 PMavatar_Lynx @Lynx, the way I feel about it is that if someone on this forum expresses an opinion which is okay to express, they shouldn't be treated unfairly through a hostile or belittling reply.  I feel there's a line that shouldn't be crossed, and that sometimes on this forum it is crossed by mocking, belittling, going on the offensive against someone, expressing that someone's opinion is worthy of contempt, putting someone down...  As a general rule I try to say what I disagree about rather than commenting on a person's behaviour.  An exception is if someone puts me down as then I feel I have to stand up for myself.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420, thanks for that! :)

avatar_suspsy @suspsy, I don't need to be educated by you.  And it's absurd to claim that refusing to watch a film clip means I'm adamantly refusing to be educated.  I don't mind being in the minority, I already am with regards to certain intrinsic things.  I'm not admitting that with regards to goals, I'm acknowledging it.  Spare your patronising.  I disagree that flaws in my argument have been pointed out.
Quote from: suspsy on May 17, 2023, 07:49:52 PMIt is your arguments that are being challenged here, not you personally or your right to make them.
No, me or my right to say things is being challenged.  It starts with you saying this:
QuoteImagine anyone seriously bemoaning an abundance of good ornithopod toys. I'm relieved that no CollectA representatives are here to see it.
That is definitely not challenging my argument. Then you said this:
QuoteOr chastising an aspiring young paleontologist because she hasn't named and described as many species as Edward Cope did. It's both unrealistic and ungenerous on your part.
"ungenerous" refers to me specifically.  Lynx then said, "I really think its going beyond nitpicky to complain about that.", which I understand to mean my right to say what I said is being disapproved of, same as with this: "yet when a company releases ornithopods regularly it becomes a problem?"
Quoteyou seem to be the only one getting defensive. It's even a little bit silly, and do not take this in the wrong way, that you believe others are harassing you when they disagree with your opinion.
The above does seem to me to be challenging me.  Same with this:
QuoteIt is most difficult to understand anything in life if one adamantly refuses to be educated.
And this:
Quoteyet you appear to be merely parroting yourself at this point
Quote from: suspsy on May 17, 2023, 07:49:52 PMTo claim harassment or punishment simply because a bunch of people disagreed with you is frankly doing a disservice to those who really do experience that kind of heinous mistreatment on a regular basis.
I've already made it clear I have no problem with disagreement, and the problem I have is what you and Lynx said.  It's interesting to read what you've just said as I have received mistreatment from you quite regularly during my time on this forum.  I don't know or understand why you have abused me repeatedly, but it has to stop.  I politely ask that you don't respond to my posts again.

Alright, I'm getting a tad sick of this. First off, what I said in my second message is that 'beyond nitpicking' means beyond just something minor, and does not mean I am 'removing your rights', and I'm just going to be blatant with you, that is going too far. To claim a disagreement on a forum, let alone my own comments of 'it's going beyond nitpicky' is taking away your rights is such an odd and out of place thing to say. I will avoid picking out a persons behavior in the future, but that was the only part of my original comment remotely close to that. You give a polite response, then immediately lump me into a whole other argument, claiming I'm taking away or disagreeing with your rights to say what you said? Over the comment, and let me get this right, 'Going beyond nitpicky' and 'Now ornithopods are being complained about?' (shortened because I don't feel like copy pasting all this)

My original comment to you was not in correlation with anyone else . The comments on the original post, while I think they could have been worded milder, were not mocking nor trying to put you down. I, again, will try to make sure I don't express such disagreements in future messages, but still don't understand, if I am reading correctly, how either of my comments were so bad that you are claiming I am challenging or disapproving of your rights? Had I been reading this with no context, I would have thought it was some sort of extreme personal attack.

The whole polite response seems extremely backhanded when you immediately follow up with saying I'm disapproving of your rights.

I will not respond to your posts further, this is plain confusing to me, and simply seems like you are trying to stretch things far further than it needs to be.
An oversized house cat.

Sim

Quote from: suspsy on May 17, 2023, 08:53:34 PMavatar_Sim @Sim, I'm afraid you're only further proving my point with those quotes, all of which are attacking your arguments as opposed to you personally. Calling a person's behaviour or argument unfair or unreasonable or even nitpicky is not a personal attack, let alone abuse. And yes, if you refuse to learn the meaning behind a certain analogy by reading or in this case, viewing an explanation, then the fault for not understanding it is indeed entirely on you. I stand by everything I have written here. And having said that, I have nothing else left to say on this topic.
I've read your post and will proceed to ignore it as your abuse is not worth my time.

avatar_Lynx @Lynx, it's clear in my post that I wasn't saying you mocked me, just that that is something that has happened on this forum.  Mocking is what I felt from suspsy's first reply.  I won't respond to anything more from your post as like with suspsy I don't think it's worthwhile.  I appreciate you not replying to my posts in the future though.

Lambeoraptor

I have to admit these figures are actually quite nice! Especially that Brighstoneus

Bread

Quote from: Sim on May 17, 2023, 07:02:25 PM
Quote from: Bread on May 17, 2023, 12:16:40 AMAre you trying to say instead of CollectA producing, lets say, 4 ornithopods out of their 9 prehistoric figure lineups, you would like more diversity such as lets say less than 4?
CollectA has made lots of nearly identical ornithopods in recent years.  I think if they made less and made other types of neglected animals they would be closer to their goal.
Understandable. I do find some of their ornithopods to be similar; however, I will say they're affordable to have an abundance of them. For example, I can treat to buying 4 of their small hadrosaurs rather than buying 1 obscure (non hadrosaur) model from them. Again, others have their preferences, meanwhile I enjoy a nice batch of hadrosaurs with subtle yet obvious to my eyes differences, upon my shelf. But others may disagree.

We all have different opinions. Nothing wrong with criticism.

Remko

The CollectA Ruyangosaurus arrived today, together with the two-pack of non scale bases from Rebor.

Wow, I mean. WOW!
This is easily my favorite CollectA figure. I knew it was bigger than their other sauropods because of the price, but man, is it big and heavy, and beautifully sculpted. I already have their Mamenchisaurus, and it's also very nice, except of the VERY obvious seam where the neck attaches to the body, but this Ruyangosaurus is fantastic.
Sure, the scales are out of scale, especially if you consider the given 1:100th scale (which would make it a 55 meter animal) and a 1:60th scale is more accurate.

But the spines, scutes and osteoderms are sculpted very nice as well, and give this animal a "don't mess with me" attitude.

Overall, very happy, hoping for CollectA to make more sauropods in this quality in the future.

triceratops83

Minizoo has the remaining 2023 releases in stock, including the Stegouros.

https://www.minizoo.com.au/collecta/collecta-2023/
https://www.minizoo.com.au/collecta-stegouros-deluxe/
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Prehistory Resurrection

Stegouros made its way in Jurassic World Alive too;

Flaffy

Was just about to add the Koolasuchus to my cart at avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur , but found out that it had already been sold out! :o
I'm surprised by how quickly they went, but very glad too as good sales encourages CollectA to make more unusual taxa ;D

ceratopsian

Maybe Everything Dinosaur ordered cautiously, as they weren't sure how it would appeal to their customers!

Quote from: Flaffy on June 08, 2023, 10:28:19 PMWas just about to add the Koolasuchus to my cart at avatar_Everything_Dinosaur @Everything_Dinosaur , but found out that it had already been sold out! :o
I'm surprised by how quickly they went, but very glad too as good sales encourages CollectA to make more unusual taxa ;D

japfeif

Probably stupid question here, but does anyone know (I'm sure you guys do!), can you order directly from the CollectA web site? I was there and while it lists everything, there doesn't seem to be any way to actually place an order from them like you can with Safari.
Unless I'm just not seeing it.

I tried contacting them with their contract form and all I got was an email reply basically showing my name, email addy, & the question I asked (as if showing me "hey we got it"), but no actual reply.

Or maybe the site lists what they have in their lines, but you still have to go thru the various other retailers?
thanks!

Halichoeres

J @japfeif I am not aware of a way to order direct from CollectA, especially not in the US. You'll have to go to the usual MiniZoo/HappyHen/DeJankins, or a brick and mortar seller if you're lucky.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

japfeif

Quote from: Halichoeres on June 12, 2023, 04:20:35 AMJ @japfeif I am not aware of a way to order direct from CollectA, especially not in the US. You'll have to go to the usual MiniZoo/HappyHen/DeJankins, or a brick and mortar seller if you're lucky.

Yeah....I actually contacted CollectA thru their facebook page (sending message via their site got me nowhere!) and this morning they replied & that's pretty much what they told me also! Thanks!  :)

Just ordered the entire 2023 prehistoric line from Minizoo, looking forward to their arrival!   ^-^  ^-^

Magcargoman

Does anyone know if/when the Collecta Hadrosaurus is going to become available in the U.S.?
Right now, all of the sellers are overseas and shipping is pricey.

Dusty Wren

Happy Hen Toys usually doesn't get the CollectAs for the year until they're all available, so they'll be on the website in October/November. They're my primary source for CollectA, so I'm not sure about other U.S.-based retailers.
Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: