News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abobo

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on June 16, 2023, 07:17:53 PMavatar_ceratopsian @ceratopsian My guess that by the characters names of unknown products, i looked them up and they seem to be very violent and war like, fighting eachother in an impressive battle yet unable to defeat the other, according to what i read.
I'd say a therapist of somesort. This is supported by the new image of theropod legs, and the name block seems a bit short, so could it be Maip? Megaraptor?

one of the name refers to a "bully", Carnotaurus Sastrei? (SuoChao : "As he is impatient in battles, often charging ahead of his men, he is nicknamed "Impatient Vanguard")

Stegotyranno420

I did some testing of font size.
The names Maip and siats fit but are bit small.
Carnotaurus did not fit
Rugops and Kryptops did
Edit:Sinraptor fits, makes sense as its chinese

Sim

What about Megaraptor, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420?  I'm not keen on a megaraptoran, but if there is going to be one I hope it's Megaraptor as it's the only megaraptoran worth making into a figure thanks to the preserved juvenile skull.  I would be very excited for a Sinraptor dongi!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on June 16, 2023, 07:33:43 PMWhat about Megaraptor, avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420?  I'm not keen on a megaraptoran, but if there is going to be one I hope it's Megaraptor as it's the only megaraptoran worth making into a figure thanks to the preserved juvenile skull.  I would be very excited for a Sinraptor dongi!
Megaraptor did not fit unfortunately
But I too am open to a Sinraptor

Sim

TheCambrianCrusader

Oh lord that Edmontonia is gorgeous. Gonna love giving my Battat a partner ;D

CarnotaurusKing

I love the purple on the Wuerhosaurus, it's just so pleasant and soothing. While I would've preferred canadensis, this might be the best Pachyrhinosaurus on the market. Big fan of the goat eyes too. I also love how they followed up the best ankylosaurid model in the hobby with potentially the best nodosaurid (might be hard to top Safari's Sauropelta, personally). I'm also happy they've given all their ceratopsians very... robust hindquarters.

Glad to see a model company giving ornithischians some love. Their only miss this year (in my opinion) has been the Nasutoceratops, though even that is purely because of the inaccuracies with the horns and frill. Not to mention the gorgeous paint schemes, and the absolute steals of prices for each of these models. Dare I say, they might even be dethroning PNSO.

And could it be just a coincidence that 5 of the 8 species they've revealed this year were also made (or planned) for the Battat line? Hoping this means a Maiasaura, Gallimimus, feathered Cryolophosaurus, Amargasaurus, and/or Euoplocephalus or one of its former synonyms are in the works.

thedeadlymoose

Wow, this Edmontonia is another beauty.

Count me also as very excited/hopeful for a possible Maiasaura, feathered Gallimimus, and feathered Cryolophosaurus. Though I love the other species being selected as well.

ItsTwentyBelow

Wow these releases are non-stop! I had to get that darker colored Wuerhosaurus, as I don't have one yet and it looks to be about 1:35. Plus I'm fine with the speculative plates, until more skeletal material is described that helps to really understand their form.

Do we know the measurements of this new Edmontonia? Really hoping it is also actually close to 1:35.

Faras

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 16, 2023, 06:47:47 PMSeveral of the Chinese words that are applied to each of the model variants on the certificate appear to be characters from the classical Chinese novel Water Margin.  Can any of our Chinese speakers help out here, e.g. avatar_Faras @Faras?  I'm intrigued!  (And maybe this also relates to what avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin saw on amazon.com.)

I'm no Water Margin expert so please do correct me if you know more :)

Nasutoceratops
HuaRong 花荣: surname Hua 花 literally means flower, probably why the paint design is more fancy.
YanQing 燕青: qing 青 meant dark blue back when the novel was written (now it often stand for cyan). He had tattoos (back then they usually use indigo dyes).

Tianzhenosaurus
ShiXiu 石秀: sworn brother of Yangxiong, caught Yangxiong's wife cheating and killed the adulterous couple.
YangXiong 杨雄: sworn brother of Shixiu. Cuckold is closely linked to the colour green in Chinese slangs.

Pentaceratops
LiKui 李逵: he had dark skin and reddish yellow brows.
LiouTang 刘唐: red birthmark around temple and is nicked red haired devil.
Both characters are often pictured with unkempt beards.

Apatosaurus
ShiJing 史进: he got tattoo of nine blue-indigo dragons.
HuangXin 黄信: surname Huang 黄 means yellow.
Honestly I'm puzzled... IMO Shijin should be greyish blue one and Huangxin the yellow one...

Pachyrhinosaurus
GuoSheng 郭盛
LvFang 吕方
Tassels of their halberds got tangled together in a duel.

Wuerhosaurus
JiaoTing 焦挺
ShiYong 石勇
They barely have connections in the novel cept one is ranked 98th and the other 99th.

Edmontonia
JieZhen 解珍
JieBao 解宝
Hunter brothers. Hmm the character 解's pinyin is usually "jie" but as surname it has different pronunciation "Xie", Haolongood made a mistake here?

Undisclosed products
YangZhi 杨志: he had a huge greyish blue birthmark covering half the face. Sounds like the paint is mainly dark blue.
SuoChao 索超: had a long duel with YangZhi which ended up in a draw, as avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 said.

ceratopsian

Thanks avatar_Faras @Faras for taking the time to explain. I find it fascinating and it adds another dimension to my enjoyment.

Medzo

Love all these releases from them this year.

The only thing that slightly bugs me that for some reason their paint application - while outstanding - have this hardly describable "radioactive" tone to it. At least this is what I feel when looking at them.

Bread

My order containing the two Pachyrhinosaurus variants and the purple Wuerhosaurus have shipped through Aliexpress.

Samrukia

Paleofiguras shared photos of how someone applied some paint application on Wuerhosaurus head, looks better to me (i love the figure anyway)

[/url]        [/img]

Carnoking

Amazing what a little wash can do

thomasw100

Quote from: Medzo on June 17, 2023, 01:35:37 PMLove all these releases from them this year.

The only thing that slightly bugs me that for some reason their paint application - while outstanding - have this hardly describable "radioactive" tone to it. At least this is what I feel when looking at them.

I think it is the particular tone of green they are using, which has a bit of a very bright neon tint to it. Less so the orange I would say. And it is mostly the ceratopsians that have these tints of green and orange (and sometimes also blue), not so much the other species. The Ouranosaurus maybe a very little bit of it, but much less than the ceratopsians. The apatosaurus does not have it all all, at least not the blue-gray one that I have. Neither has the Tianzhenosaurus any of these bright tints. And the same seems to be the case for the edmontonia, at least the brown variant. I agree that although the paintwork for all models is highly detailed and really excellent, these particular tones of green and orange have something slightly unnatural to it. This is why I got only Tianzhenosaurus, Ouranosaurus and Apatosaurus so far and certainly will be getting the brown Edmontonia. For the blue Edmontonia I really need to see the in hand pictures.

thomasw100

Quote from: erlectric on June 17, 2023, 03:38:04 PMPaleofiguras shared photos of how someone applied some paint application on Wuerhosaurus head, looks better to me (i love the figure anyway)

[/url]        [/img]

Wow this is just amazing. I wish one could order the figure with this paintwork.

Bread

Given how affordable these figures are I may try this simple application. I think a simple vallejo wash on the model would replicate this.

Sim

I think there's nothing wrong with the colours chosen, animals alive today can have bright "unnatural"-looking colours.

I am eager to see more of the Edmontonia, it looks superb!  V @vampiredesign, at some point do you think it would be possible to release the Pachyrhinosaurus with circular pupils?  I love the two that are available except for the horizontal pupils...

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Sim on June 17, 2023, 08:09:58 PMI think there's nothing wrong with the colours chosen, animals alive today can have bright "unnatural"-looking colours.

I am eager to see more of the Edmontonia, it looks superb!  V @vampiredesign, at some point do you think it would be possible to release the Pachyrhinosaurus with circular pupils?  I love the two that are available except for the horizontal pupils...

Why am i like the only one apprecating the Horizontal eyes , its diff and very fitting for a herbivore

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: