News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: David96 on March 18, 2024, 07:48:07 AMI'm surprised that no one has been talking so much in this thread the last days, given the last announcements.

The reason for this might be the fact that they're 2024 figures ;) .
 https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11239.0

Concavenator

If I get the Dilophosaurus pair, do you guys think I'll be able to sell off one of the 2? I'm wondering about this, since you can only buy them as a pair. I only want 1.

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on March 19, 2024, 11:24:33 AMIf I get the Dilophosaurus pair, do you guys think I'll be able to sell off one of the 2? I'm wondering about this, since you can only buy them as a pair. I only want 1.
Which one do you want?  If you want the walking one, I understand avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres isn't keeping his.  I think you would be able to sell one of them in any case, there's bound to be some people that only want one as well, maybe even to make a trio using two figures from one colour variant and one figure from the other colour variant.

David96

Quote from: postsaurischian on March 18, 2024, 09:27:06 AM
Quote from: David96 on March 18, 2024, 07:48:07 AMI'm surprised that no one has been talking so much in this thread the last days, given the last announcements.

The reason for this might be the fact that they're 2024 figures ;) .
 https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=11239.0

Oohhhh, of course...

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on March 19, 2024, 03:40:24 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on March 19, 2024, 11:24:33 AMIf I get the Dilophosaurus pair, do you guys think I'll be able to sell off one of the 2? I'm wondering about this, since you can only buy them as a pair. I only want 1.
Which one do you want?  If you want the walking one, I understand avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres isn't keeping his.  I think you would be able to sell one of them in any case, there's bound to be some people that only want one as well, maybe even to make a trio using two figures from one colour variant and one figure from the other colour variant.

Nevermind, I just ordered the yellow/rainbow pair. I will be keeping the sitting one, but I will be putting the standing one up for sale. If someone in Europe would be interested in getting it for a discounted price, let me know!  :)

Carnoking

My long wait came to an end this week. A big old box holding HLG's Alamosaurus has arrived and the figure is absolutely majestic!

peep those kissy lips  :-*

The base is fantastic. Nice to have it included in the pre-order but if you missed out on that, it's still pretty amazing what you're getting for the add on price.

Need to see about getting this little guy painted up!

Speaking of paint, I could still do without those varicose looking veins along the flank, but that little quibble aside, this piece is an absolute showstopper and undeniable achievement on HLG's part!

Spoiler

It delights me to no end that we got not one, but two proper 1:35 scale sauropods from HLG within a year of each other, and that there's still more to come!

[close]

Spoiler

Of course, not gonna sneeze at their smaller 1:35 scale sauropod offerings!

[close]

Spoiler

That said, the title for biggest Sauropod on my model shelves still goes to PNSO's Huanghetitan. We'll se if HLG can knock this guy off his pedestal someday.

Speaking of figures they're still to beat, here's the Alamosaurus with W-Dragon's incredible Giraffatitan and one of Nanmu's Watchmen Brachiosaurus

[close]

Spoiler

Here's the Alamo with some other ~1:35 scale sauropods, REBOR's Stargazer Diplodocus and PNSO's Lingwulong, Chuanchuan.

[close]

Speaking of PNSO, here's the inevitable comparison I have to make with Samuel.

All told, a small part of me greatly prefers the proportions and shapes of PNSO's figure, as well as the less busy but still appealing banded paint job.

That said, the sheer size of HLG's figure, combined with the amount of paint and sculpted detail you're getting for an unbelievably modest price really make it the obvious choice for anyone wanting a proper Alamosaurus for their shelves.

Even if PNSO's was bigger, you know it would come at quite the premium.

The obligatory rex comparison.

And just for fun, here's HLG's biggest (so far) with one of their smallest.

All told, I'm delighted by this release and that's doubled by the fact that it seems to be selling quite well! My congrats and thanks to HAOLONGGOOD, and I'm quite keen to see what it is they surprise us with next!

Concavenator

Are the pterosaurs that come with the Alamosaurus also made of PVC?

Faelrin

Wow the Haolonggood Alamosaurus absolutely dwarfs PNSO's version. That said I really like both options, and they were much needed on the market for a long time.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Concavenator on April 25, 2024, 04:44:53 PMAre the pterosaurs that come with the Alamosaurus also made of PVC?

Resin I think.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Concavenator on April 25, 2024, 04:44:53 PMAre the pterosaurs that come with the Alamosaurus also made of PVC?

To me they feel like PLA, which is a common material for 3d printers. It would be easy to break.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Concavenator

Carnoking

Took advantage of the last Aliexpress sale to grab some HAOLONGGOOD 2023 releases that I had yet to get. With the exception of the Baryonyx and Allosaurus, I do believe I am now caught up on their releases from last year, and not a moment too soon given their projected lineup for 2024!

First up is the Tlatolophus. Not a bad figure, but I'm glad I waited to get it at a slight discount.

Spoiler

Here he is with PNSO's Wyatt, still a gold standard PNSO model in my book.

[close]

Of course, had to get the Kosmoceraotps duo too. I'm really trying to limit myself to one variant with these HLG releases but seeing as Kosmoceratops is my favorite ceratopsian, how could I refuse?

Spoiler

Grey variant is stronger in hand than expected!
[close]

Spoiler

That said, the red variant is still the obvious choice in my book.

[close]

Spoiler

Some Kosmo comparisons, first with the BotM figure

And here they are with the little Kaiyodo figure I found in a thrift shop the other day.

Then the only Kosmoceratops I have is the PNSO mini. Would love to see their take on the animal, it's a shame it hasn't gotten more love in the 1/35 scale range.

And speaking of PNSO, for the heck of it, here are the Kosmos with their much larger and more popular relative.

[close]

And that just leaves the Sinoceratops. Talk about an out of the box color scheme!

Spoiler

Here he is with PNSO's A-Qi. Think this is an example of HLG outdoing PNSO!

Too bad A-Qi isn't the only PNSO figure excited for a new Sinoceratops.

[close]

oscars_dinos

Does anyone have any more pics of the sino, maybe with some pnso ceratopsians

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.