News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasw100

Quote from: Bread on January 02, 2024, 05:39:55 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on January 02, 2024, 05:20:46 PM
Quote from: Dusty Wren on January 02, 2024, 04:36:15 PMI just picked up my PNSO Deinocheirus, and it has seam lines around both arms and running down the body through the middle of each leg. I don't own the PNSO Alamosaurus, but in the DinosDragons review video, you can clearly see seam lines down the middle of each osteoderm row and across the belly. The seam lines are there; they're just well disguised.

The process of molding 3D figures is complex, and some shapes are really, really hard to create molds for. I'm sure Haolonggood does their best to make the lines as unobtrusive as possible.     

I have the PNSO Deinocheirus as well and here we are talking about very thin fine lines which are well covered by painting over them and some dry brushing I think. Essentially you need a magnifying glass to see them. I do also have the PNSO Alamosaurus and the features you refer to do not look like seamlines. But the seamlines on that Sinoceratops jump straight into your eyes, even from some distance.
Sorry but I genuinely have to disagree with you here.

The Deinocheirus arms have an apparent seamline that does not transition smoothly. They're not so unnoticeable that you need a magnifying glass to see them. The Therizinosaurus has this apparent for the head as well. It can be seen on PNSO's renders for the figures as well.

I do not have the PNSO Alamosaurus in hand yet, so no comment regarding the seamlines.

So to say the Haolonggood Sinoceratops' seamline is incomparable to PNSO's is unfair.

They're apparent, and personally I'm not complaining that these seamlines are there, but more so it's pretty unfair to point out this versus another company that also has the same in some of their models...

I continue to disagree with you on this issue. The seamlines on the PNSO Deinocheirus are rather subtle on my copy and it looks like they put something over them to cover them better. The issue with the PNSO Therizinosaurus is different. There it is due to the articulation of the jaw. This seems unavoidable regardless of what model or company it is.

Haolonggood has good examples of dealing with seamlines as well. This was done in a quite clever way in the case of the Apatosaurus, because they somehow managed to make the seamline run essentially parallel to the set of wrinkles on the neck. At the tail of the Apatosaurus it is even less visible because of these wrinkles.

But the Sinoceratops is not a good example of dealing with the seamline. It runs all across the neck, cuts through the skin texture and is barely covered. I stand with my statement that this in my view ruins the look of this figure which has such a beautiful sculpt and paint application. I was so much looking forward to that figure until I saw that seamline.

SidB

I have to say it, I guess that this is the seamy side of our hobby. Seriously though, when I get my Sinoceratops, if the seam is too objectionable, I'll get my friend to appropriately render it essentially invisible. Shouldn't be inordinately challenging.

Flaffy

The subtle purple hues on the blue Sinoceratops is a very nice touch. Not sure which version I'm gonna get now...

SidB

I think, avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy , that I had a wall poster with striking colors of that sort back in the day - think that they called them "day glow". They sure 'pop'.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on January 03, 2024, 12:39:02 AMThe subtle purple hues on the blue Sinoceratops is a very nice touch. Not sure which version I'm gonna get now...

Those are some beautiful colours.. And the refinement on the facial scales is really a marked improvement, even compared to their Nasutoceratops...

dragon53

Lana Time Shop has updated the photo of the Alamosaurus C paint scheme.

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's nice in the grey/blue. If the blue with the patterns hadn't been shown already I might have went with it. Though it does look like a lot of other sauropod figures I already have.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Hello there everyone, Happy new year to all. Last week I received my Tlatolophus pair, but till now I could post some photos of them both. Their skin is quite smooth indeed, but I think is a fair point of advance, as V @vampiredesign said this year was for them. They surely be learning from all of the wonderful insights of this forum and youtubers such as DinosDragons.

Some in mouth appreciation

I tried to fix the mouth with some rudimentary clay application, as suggested by DinosDragons review (it is my first approach into doing something like this)

Inspired by Marco A. Pineda's art a bit, just a huge ammount of water next time  :)
Now let toss a dime and see if I could ever compare them to Ancestors' Angel. It seems both Kosmos will be arriving later this week, and both Sinoceratops in two weeks. I'll post some 2023 rewind (herbivores, Dilophosaurus aside) 好龙谷 parade. What a year, and a time for both collectors and dinosaur enthusiasts!

Sim

I received the Haolonggood red Kosmoceratops today.  I like it a lot, it looks much better than in the promotional pictures.  Its beak is actually not blunt and it ends in a point.  A problem I have with this figure is that it feels a bit sticky.  The Haolonggood Baryonyx that arrived with it doesn't feel sticky.  If you have the Haolonggood Kosomoceratops, is yours sticky?

PoptartDoodle

Quiversaurus

Quote from: PoptartDoodle on January 05, 2024, 03:20:47 PMSize comparisons with the entire ceratopsid line:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid0KGJ262VaSfvMJCKY2iyqyMH6NtW2KorY38YnNRP15XD7MK5R9rYv6yFE6p5KXMrXl&id=100089539294749

They all look so good together. I'm quite impressed at the size variations! And that Sinoceratops colour scheme is an eye-catcher indeed.

Edit: Seeing the size comparisons between the Kosmoceratops and the other ceratopsians, I'm reminded of avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator's comment about it being 1:35 scale (12.7 cm) even though it represents an animal about the same size (or even smaller) than Kentrosaurus (4 - 4.5m). If HLG has indeed found a way to make smaller species, I would be very excited if a true 1:35 Kentrosaurus is somewhere in HLG's future lineup...

Sim

For anyone who has the Haolonggood Kosmoceratops, is yours sticky?  I'm trying to decide what to do as mine is.

Faelrin

I added those pics to my imgur for folks not wanting to go on facebook (the links break after a while anyways):

As if I wasn't already tempted to pick them up, this makes me want them even more. Hope they do more down the line.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

They do indeed form quite a herd. So far I've been able to display mine as a group on the same shelf in my study. But not for much longer if they keep producing ceratopsians!

GojiraGuy1954

Hopefully we can get animals like Udanoceratops, Wendiceratops, Xenoceratops, Einiosaurus, Achelousaurus, and Torosaurus from Haolonggood eventually
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

TlatolophusJuanorum

Earlier both Kosmos have arrived. I was aware of their size by both the measurements and multiple photo comparisons, but only I was aware of it as I saw the package.

A rough size comparison,

And as an answer to avatar_Sim @Sim, mines were not sticky. An unlucky Kosmo  :( I hope you can clean it properly without effort.
P.S a more watery photo of the Tlatolophuses
Spoiler
[close]

Flaffy

Are there any upcoming Aliexpress sales by any chance? About to place another HLG order and would like to catch any discounts if I can.

TlatolophusJuanorum

Quote from: Flaffy on January 06, 2024, 01:43:43 AMAre there any upcoming Aliexpress sales by any chance? About to place another HLG order and would like to catch any discounts if I can.
I think there will be a "Winter/Summer Sale" starting on Monday. I'm not sure, but at 12:00 PT AE store should change into a "warm up" mode that shows all the upcoming sale prices.

dragon53

PoptartDoodle

I love their ceratopsid lineup and can't wait to see what they do next.
I am dreaming of a Regaliceratops.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: