News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New For 2023

Started by vampiredesign, November 28, 2022, 07:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: ceratopsian on June 13, 2023, 09:37:42 AMWhat does "ngl" mean??

The green Pachyrhinosaurus is the stand-out for me of the four new ones. But I like the brown very much too and think they would display well together.

Unlike many of you, I like the squiggly stripes on the Wuerhosaurus. As the forum teaches us everyday, tastes vary!  I would have preferred the snout perhaps not to be the pale base colour but that is a tiny concern for me. I'm currently attracted more to the dark variant but I'll mull it over for a few days. I won't be able to order immediately anyway as we will be on holiday for a few days  early next month and I have to get the parcel arrival timing right!

ngl is not gonna lie shortened -gamerterms

Thialfi

Spectacular new releases! They're already available on AliExpress.

ceratopsian

Flaffy

Sans the plates, the Wuerhosaurus is really nice. I love how gentle it looks, the purple version is a very unique colour scheme for a stegosaur too and will most likely be the version I acquire.

Pachyrhinosaurus mostly looks good. But the shape of the frill around the episquamosal 1s looks off. From these images, it seems that Pachyrhinosaurus has the same problem as Pentaceratops, both having EM dips that are too shallow.

Bread

So I briefly stated my opinion regarding these when posting the images so I'll go ahead and say it... these are great!

The Pachyrhinosaurus, although has been produced multiple times by companies, has an appeal that separates it from the rest. Not only by the coloration, but the stance as well just sets it apart from most models. The calmness gesture it has really set the deal for me to buy both variants at once which hasn't happened to me yet.

The Wuerhosaurus is also a genus that has an already appealing model on the market, made by Vitae. However, I much prefer this Haolonggood take on the genus. The removal of the shoulder spike helps quite a bit, the color pallet used as well. I feel as though the darker variant is much more appealing since we don't really see purple as a color pallet choice, and it works really well here.

Super happy with these. Ordered through Aliexpress already >:D

Edit: Now, I hope for a hadrosaur to be the next reveal.

Remko

I already have the Vitae Wuerhosaurus, as well as the other offerings of Pachyrhinosaurus (except Beasts of the Mesozoic), but both look amazing.

This Wuerhosaurus is far superior to the Vitae. And the both colorschemes are equally interesting.

I wonder if PNSO might come up with this species as well. Especially because it's a Chinese species, and will likely do well on the Asian market.

TheImmortalEye

Quote from: Bread on June 13, 2023, 01:32:13 PMSo I briefly stated my opinion regarding these when posting the images so I'll go ahead and say it... these are great!

The Pachyrhinosaurus, although has been produced multiple times by companies, has an appeal that separates it from the rest. Not only by the coloration, but the stance as well just sets it apart from most models. The calmness gesture it has really set the deal for me to buy both variants at once which hasn't happened to me yet.

The Wuerhosaurus is also a genus that has an already appealing model on the market, made by Vitae. However, I much prefer this Haolonggood take on the genus. The removal of the shoulder spike helps quite a bit, the color pallet used as well. I feel as though the darker variant is much more appealing since we don't really see purple as a color pallet choice, and it works really well here.

Super happy with these. Ordered through Aliexpress already >:D

Edit: Now, I hope for a hadrosaur to be the next reveal.

next reveal is a theropod, suppose to be the rarely used megaraptoridae

Duna

Quote from: Bread on June 13, 2023, 03:13:33 AMI will probably be picking both variants. Probably the first time I'll be doing this at once. They're both similar enough, too.
Oh my! I was thinking just the same, and I thought I was weird for doing that, but thank you for being with me about that. It's the first time I can't decide on which colour and both of them look wonderful.

bmathison1972

I was debating on whether or not to get into this brand. I was waffling with Ouranosaurus, but after Tianzhenosaurus and then Wuerhosaurus, I will give them a try. Those latter two for sure, for starters!

Duna

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 13, 2023, 04:48:47 AMPachyrhinosaurus looks fine, better than the PNSO to me. Any ideas on why the goat-like eyes? I've seen them on another Pachyrhino sculpture as well.
I love they had done this because as you say, some think they had it. And of course they had included that in Prehistoric Planet. I love that these Pachyrrhinosaurus have those goat eyes and colours a bit inspired in one of the WWD film, specially the green colourful one.

Eatmycar

I might be the only person here who hates the goat eyes on the Pachyrhino, but these look damn spectacular otherwise.

The greens on the one variant are eye catching, not too dramatic, but natural. It feels like a real animal here as opposed to a brown mass of flesh. There's just so much to LOVE about this guy I'm not sure where to start! What a gorgeous figure.

Gwangi

Went ahead and ordered the Wuerhosaurus (purple) and Pachyrhinosaurus (green). I rarely order figures so quickly and without hesitation.

Pliosaurking

I think these are both beautiful releases. I like the Purplish Wuerhosaurus and green Pachyrhinosaurus the most and will be ordering them sooner or later.

postsaurischian

There seems to be a certain consensus. I also ordered purple & green ;D .

Carnoking

Quote from: Gwangi on June 13, 2023, 04:14:46 PMWent ahead and ordered the Wuerhosaurus (purple) and Pachyrhinosaurus (green). I rarely order figures so quickly and without hesitation.

I almost lept at both pachyrhinosaurus myself. I can't get this figure out of my head! The presentation is amazing! If I hadn't taken advantage of the aliexpress sale to get the Apatosaurus mere hours before these dropped, I probably would have been all over them in a heartbeat

Sim

I'm not impressed by the Wuerhosaurus, its neck plates aren't painted...  The Pachyrhinosaurus is the opposite, its paintjob is top-tier like Haolonggood's Carcharodontosaurus!  I would possibly even get both colour versions, they're that good in my eyes, if they didn't have the horizontal pupils.  The horizontal pupils are plausible, but I just don't like them on dinosaurs.  So it looks like I will stick with my Safari Pachyrhinosaurus.

Regarding the choice of Tianzhenosaurus, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator, there are skeletons of it on display, Haolonggood might've based their version of it on any of those.

Fembrogon

Purple and green was my choice too. Both Wuerhosaurs look very good, but I have the green Vitae and want to endorse blue dinos, haha. Green Pachy will compensate.
I admit Pachyrhinosaurus isn't the most exciting choice, since we've had multiple good Pachy figurines before; nonetheless I'm getting it as it does look very good. A second Wuerhosaurus on the market is pretty neat, too, and one a little more accessible than the Vitae version, with noticeably different anatomical traits.
I appreciate the plethora of herbivores so far; it brings balance to the new release market!  :))

ceratopsian

Paleofiguras has put another Easter Egg photo.  Some of his friends pointed out to him that the skeleton visible behind the Wuerhosaurus/Pachyrhinosaurus banner / promo poster is not in fact that of Pachyrhinosaurus.  It looks like Chasmosaurus.  Clearly we need to inspect Haolonggood promo images very carefully to share in the fun!

Sim

OH MY GOSH CHASMOSAURUS YEEEAH!  Just please don't give it horizontal pupils!

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Sim on June 13, 2023, 06:44:41 PMOH MY GOSH CHASMOSAURUS YEEEAH!  Just please don't give it horizontal pupils!
Wow, I never seen you this exicted.  :))

These two new figures look nice. The pachy is well made, but I prefer the coloration kf the vitae wuherosaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: