News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Help! Warping on the feet of my Papo Allosaurus!

Started by Lynx, January 05, 2023, 04:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

One of the things I like about Papo is that their figure's feet NEVER warp. Or at least up until now. The Papo allosaurus, a figure I recently got for Christmas, had feet-warping issues on Day 1. It wasn't too bad, and it stood fine, so I ignored it. Then I tried placing it on a shelf about a week afterward. The slightest touch from the Papo Gorgosaurus and it came crashing down.

And so, I moved it to a table out of the sun hoping it would correct its own posture, something I've had work for Safari LTD figures.

I return and find it fallen over, with even worse warping than before. It can barely stand, and its back foot is hanging high above the ground.

The spoiler below is unrelated to the topic thus its in, well, spoilers.
Spoiler
This is not exclusive to the Allosaurus. All my figures, including the Safari LTD baryonyx, which was my best standing figure, are all mysteriously warping and falling over. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It's out of the sun and never had trouble before.
[close]

Does anyone know how to fix this permanently? And yes I know of the hot water method, I'm just wondering what position I am to correct it to, and how to stop this problem from continuing.
An oversized house cat.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Any chance it's warmer in your house now that it's winter? Leaving any figure in the sun for long periods is generally not advisable, not fussing or anything just pointing it out. UV isn't nice to rubber and plastics long term.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.