News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

REBOR Sarcosuchus imperator 'Lica' w/ Nigersaurus taqueti prey

Started by Over9K, January 05, 2023, 07:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Looks good to me. I'm interested to see the other version..I assume the SEA one since this is the LAKE?

GojiraGuy1954

Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Blade-of-the-Moon

REBOR_STUDIO

GojiraGuy1954

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on April 12, 2023, 05:15:11 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2023, 04:23:41 PMSo both are freshwater?

Yes cus Pholidosauridae members live mostly in freshwater habitats

Ah, I assumed they also frequented saltwater/marine environs as well like most other extant crocodilians.

REBOR_STUDIO

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 13, 2023, 06:46:06 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 12, 2023, 04:23:41 PMSo both are freshwater?

Yeah

Ah, I assumed they also frequented saltwater/marine environs as well like most other extant crocodilians.

Yeah but we are trying to introduce more types of terrains and ecological groups so :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on April 13, 2023, 02:12:07 PM

Yeah

Yeah but we are trying to introduce more types of terrains and ecological groups so :))

It's just a name in the end lol  What's important are the color choices. :)

GojiraGuy1954

I hope the River one is Brown. I always saw Sarcosuchus as a brown animal

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on April 13, 2023, 03:58:09 PMI hope the River one is Brown. I always saw Sarcosuchus as a brown animal

it does appear as such in a lot of art. having bought the estuary Deinosuchus i just need something different.

Flaffy

Quote from: Lynx on April 11, 2023, 01:34:10 AMThank you for the info, Flaffy! That's interesting to know

My pleasure! Always happy to share paleontological info. ^-^

Over9K

I wouldn't mind something super speculative. Maybe Sarchosuchus was fushia, with green polka dots.

And another thing... why are they called "polka dots", when you see a polka band, they aren't polka dotted...

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Over9K on April 14, 2023, 07:36:28 PMI wouldn't mind something super speculative. Maybe Sarchosuchus was fushia, with green polka dots.

And another thing... why are they called "polka dots", when you see a polka band, they aren't polka dotted...

They did do that Black and Red coloration for the hatchling Deinosuchus.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Guess i'm getting the river version, kinda wish the markings on the head were a bit smaller though?

GojiraGuy1954

It isn't like Swamp and Estuary for me where one is clearly better. I guess i'll get one with the cooler Nigersaurus colour scheme

Faelrin

Kind of reminds me of Safari's figure, but still different. They might look good next to each other.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Flaffy

postsaurischian

:D  Beautiful! I'm going for the grey version.

I know it's a bit nit-picking, but the thread title's misspelling always puts a hurt on my eye.
 Could you maybe change that avatar_Over9K @Over9K?

Lynx

Definitely getting the River version! I've been iffy on most REBOR products, but I think I'll make the jump on this one. Very unique while also looking incredible!
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: