You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Art: The World's greatest paleoart.

Started by TheAllosaur, December 06, 2012, 01:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAllosaur

The book in the title is something i am considering buying. Does anyone out there in the forum have it and have an opinion about it?
Part-time genius!

Blade-of-the-Moon

I've heard nothing but good reviews about it from various sites. I plan to pick it myself soon.

Gryphoceratops

I have it.  Its really nice I recommend it.  Its interesting to see work from many different professionals and how different they are all yet at the same time all of their work is so great and accurate. 

tyrantqueen

I have it too, I posted a review of it in my book thread a while back. Here you go...

I finally have the much-hyped Dinosaur Art- the World's Greatest Paleoart by Steve White.

I do like it a lot. However, there isn't really much in the way of new content. You can find most (nearly all) of the artwork inside online, via google images, or even in dinosaur books (like Luis Rey and Gregory S Paul)
My favourite artists are probably Robert Nicholls and John Sibbick.

I think I am starting to appreciate Luis Rey's work a bit more now. But I still think he overexaggerates the claws on his dinos. He makes them look like Freddie Kreuger. I think I am also starting to develop an aversion to Todd Marshall's art. He makes all his dinosaurs too spiky. They look like reptilian pincushions :/

GET READY FOR THE PIC SPAM :3

ZoPteryx

TheAllosaur

Part-time genius!

Brontozaurus

I don't think it matters so much if you can find most of the art online. I looked through a display copy and the works were presented much better than they were on my browser.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.