News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd: New for 2023

Started by Renecito, January 23, 2023, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"There will be a reveal pretty soon. I think March." hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Personally I'm opening for a Utahraptor with an open mouth, but would not mind a Utahceratops at all.
An oversized house cat.

Jose S.M.

I'm in the minority but I prefer it to be Utahceratops haha I just love Doug's ceratopsians. Not that their feathered dromeosaurs are not excellent as well but ceratopsians are my faves.

ceratopsian

Minority yes but not alone!  I love my ceratopsians and Doug's are excellent.

Quote from: Jose S.M. on March 01, 2023, 01:17:35 PMI'm in the minority but I prefer it to be Utahceratops haha I just love Doug's ceratopsians. Not that their feathered dromeosaurs are not excellent as well but ceratopsians are my faves.

Gwangi

Aside from BotM the only good dromaeosaurs we get are from Safari, I would be thrilled to get a Doug Watson Utahraptor.

bmathison1972

if it is a Utah dinosaur, I am half tempted to be pro-active and claim it for Blog review. I live in Utah and work across the street from the Utah Museum of Natural History. I could get some cool comparative shots with fossils/models from the Museum and maybe photograph it outside in Utah's wilderness!  ;D

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

SenSx

Utha Raptor would be hype, whether it's 1/35 or close or bigger scale like the Mapusaurus or the Deinonychus.

Lynx

Quote from: SenSx on March 01, 2023, 02:55:24 PMUtha Raptor would be hype, whether it's 1/35 or close or bigger scale like the Mapusaurus or the Deinonychus.

What Mapusaurus?
An oversized house cat.

SenSx

Quote from: Lynx on March 01, 2023, 02:56:47 PM
Quote from: SenSx on March 01, 2023, 02:55:24 PMUtha Raptor would be hype, whether it's 1/35 or close or bigger scale like the Mapusaurus or the Deinonychus.

What Mapusaurus?

The Majungasaurus my bad.

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 01, 2023, 02:41:11 PMif it is a Utah dinosaur, I am half tempted to be pro-active and claim it for Blog review. I live in Utah and work across the street from the Utah Museum of Natural History. I could get some cool comparative shots with fossils/models from the Museum and maybe photograph it outside in Utah's wilderness!  ;D

avatar_Gwangi @Gwangi avatar_suspsy @suspsy avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum

You have my support B @bmathison1972!

Jose S.M.

After reading their recent tweet and responses to it it's kind of safe to say it is Utahraptor! ( They posted they do not realized the gif goes to no at the very end)

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: suspsy on February 28, 2023, 09:54:50 PMCould also be Utahceratops. Or Teratophoneus. Or any number of dinosaurs found in Utah.
well Utahraptor is also the state dinosaur of Utah
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Fembrogon

Isn't Allosaurus the state dinosaur?
...Or maybe that's the state fossil. Annoying semantic difference.

I'll eagerly hop on board the boat hoping for a Utahraptor; this is one significant theropod which doesn't have nearly enough toy representation.
A Utahceratops or Teratophoneus would be entirely acceptable, though - and a Utaurora figure would be an amazing curveball.

Faelrin

B @bmathison1972 If does turn out to be Utahraptor, definitely go for it. That's a great opportunity right there.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

bmathison1972

Basically anything from the Cedar Mountain Formation would be new for me! LOL

Gwangi

Quote from: bmathison1972 on March 01, 2023, 11:53:13 PMBasically anything from the Cedar Mountain Formation would be new for me! LOL

My next review is of a dinosaur from the Cedar Mountain Formation.  ^-^

SpartanSquat

My candidates for a cedar mountain dino: Utahraptor in first place. The second is falcarius. Third is Gastonia and the final one is Cedarosaurus

Stegotyranno420

I hope it is cedarosaurus, but utahraptor will likley ensue.
Being utahraptor it will likley be more popular, thus more likely to be found in person, which is lovely.

SpartanSquat

Moros and Siats are from Cedar Mountain too!

TheCambrianCrusader

Quote from: RolandEden on March 02, 2023, 12:52:59 AMMy candidates for a cedar mountain dino: Utahraptor in first place. The second is falcarius. Third is Gastonia and the final one is Cedarosaurus
I completely forgot Falcarius is from that formation, I would be absolutely ecstatic for one. Such an amazingly bizarre little dino

suspsy

I seriously doubt Safari would make Siats; it's way too fragmentary. They're not Mattel, after all.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: