News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

Good analysis, avatar_Concavenator @Concavenator . I too don't get too riled up over liplessness, though I DO prefer lips. I'll always choose the same figure with lips over the lipless one, all things being equal.

Prehistory Resurrection

Faelrin

Between the comparisons here, and the image dump on the Paleofiguras fb page, this really does look like a massive improvement over their previous Allosaurus. It looks really nice alongside their previous Stegosaurus figures, as well as the Haolonggood Apatosaurus, and the Rebor (and probably Eofauna) Diplodocus. Definitely need to pick this one up at some point, as it works so well as A. fragilis, and I'm overdue for an up to date Allosaurus in my collection.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Antey

It's been over a year since I stopped purchasing PNSO. At first I thought about which carcharodontosaurid to buy, as they came up with terrible tyrannosaurids from my point of view. The latter were simply monstrous. A sharp-faced Gorgosaurus in a parrot outfit, a Daspletosaurus suffering from dystrophy. I'm tired of these constant shortcomings. And then they rolled out the Saurophaganax. He's great. Yes, it is a controversial species with few bones, but it is an unusually good sculpture of a powerful adult allosaurid. Bravo. But I'm still unlikely to buy it.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Antey on October 04, 2023, 05:07:06 PMIt's been over a year since I stopped purchasing PNSO. At first I thought about which carcharodontosaurid to buy, as they came up with terrible tyrannosaurids from my point of view. The latter were simply monstrous. A sharp-faced Gorgosaurus in a parrot outfit, a Daspletosaurus suffering from dystrophy. I'm tired of these constant shortcomings. And then they rolled out the Saurophaganax. He's great. Yes, it is a controversial species with few bones, but it is an unusually good sculpture of a powerful adult allosaurid. Bravo. But I'm still unlikely to buy it.
what was so wrong with the first 3 carcharodontosaurids of 2023. And how the Acrocanthosaurus, lingwulong, deinocheirus, etc.

Lynx

Quote from: Antey on October 04, 2023, 05:07:06 PMIt's been over a year since I stopped purchasing PNSO. At first I thought about which carcharodontosaurid to buy, as they came up with terrible tyrannosaurids from my point of view. The latter were simply monstrous. A sharp-faced Gorgosaurus in a parrot outfit, a Daspletosaurus suffering from dystrophy. I'm tired of these constant shortcomings. And then they rolled out the Saurophaganax. He's great. Yes, it is a controversial species with few bones, but it is an unusually good sculpture of a powerful adult allosaurid. Bravo. But I'm still unlikely to buy it.

Could you elaborate on 'parrot outfit?' There isn't exactly anything that screams vibrant on the Gorgosaurus.
An oversized house cat.

Faelrin

I'm going to guess he said that because of the blue and red on the face, but like, it doesn't look like any parrot I know of (and more). Definitely not the best thing to compare it too, if one doesn't like the coloration. And man is saying that like it is a bad thing, when parrots come in some gorgeous colors. Some like the grey parrot aren't very colorful either, with the exception of a bit of red on the tail. The markings on the figure are also rather unique, and I can't really think of anything directly to compare it to, except maybe a Zebra or another ungulate?

Not sure what he means by sharp faced either. Lack of lips? Or an issue with the skull shape? Watching DinosNDragons review on this subject again (10:24 mark, for anyone wanting to revisit it), it seems PNSO has sculpted the skull somewhere between the features of a young adult, and an adult. I can understand if one had a preference for a true adult though, or a particular specimen (as they with with the Parasaurolophus, based off the holotype of P. walkeri, or the recent Cameron T. rex based on Sue).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

edu

Quote from: Faelrin on October 04, 2023, 06:59:44 PMNot sure what he means by sharp faced either. Lack of lips? Or an issue with the skull shape? Watching DinosNDragons review on this subject again (10:24 mark, for anyone wanting to revisit it), it seems PNSO has sculpted the skull somewhere between the features of a young adult, and an adult. I can understand if one had a preference for a true adult though, or a particular specimen (as they with with the Parasaurolophus, based off the holotype of P. walkeri, or the recent Cameron T. rex based on Sue).

I think DinosNDragons reviews are the best, but in this particular case, i have to say i don't agree with him. I can't see how the head on Pnso Gorgosaurus can match the shape of any skull, both juvenile or adult. For me, the profile it's just wrong and i agree with Antey there. In an otherwise excellent figure, with the best pose! That's why my gorgosuarus went to the plastic surgeon and now is looking perfect ;-)

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: edu on October 04, 2023, 08:50:25 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on October 04, 2023, 06:59:44 PMNot sure what he means by sharp faced either. Lack of lips? Or an issue with the skull shape? Watching DinosNDragons review on this subject again (10:24 mark, for anyone wanting to revisit it), it seems PNSO has sculpted the skull somewhere between the features of a young adult, and an adult. I can understand if one had a preference for a true adult though, or a particular specimen (as they with with the Parasaurolophus, based off the holotype of P. walkeri, or the recent Cameron T. rex based on Sue).

I think DinosNDragons reviews are the best, but in this particular case, i have to say i don't agree with him. I can't see how the head on Pnso Gorgosaurus can match the shape of any skull, both juvenile or adult. For me, the profile it's just wrong and i agree with Antey there. In an otherwise excellent figure, with the best pose! That's why my gorgosuarus went to the plastic surgeon and now is looking perfect ;-)
Ooh, you wouldn't happen to have pictures would you?

edu

I posted them some days ago in the Pnso customs thread!

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: edu on October 04, 2023, 08:59:50 PMI posted them some days ago in the Pnso customs thread!
Ah apologies! I totally saw that one earlier and failed to put two and two together lol.

Stratos

I pre ordered the Saurophaganax figure from Amazon, directly from Amazon with free prime shipping. Does anyone have any idea when I should expect to receive it? Perhaps at the end of the month?

Pachyventer

I ordered the Saurophaganax figure from Dan's Dinosaurs on September 28. Since then, the status of my order is still "Awaiting Fulfillment". Yesterday, I asked a PNSO representative when their Saurophaganax would be available for purchase and received the following answer: "Maybe in a few days." As far as I know, they have a sort of gran fiesta in China from September 28th to October 7th. I DO hope the situation with orders will change after the holidays.

As for Amazon orders, I'm expecting my Yangchuanosaurus to arrive in Europe on October 11. That will be exactly 5 weeks from the day I ordered it :)

bmathison1972

Quote from: Stratos on October 05, 2023, 03:27:50 PMI pre ordered the Saurophaganax figure from Amazon, directly from Amazon with free prime shipping. Does anyone have any idea when I should expect to receive it? Perhaps at the end of the month?

Where are you located? Amazon shipments to me (Utah, USA) from China usually come in 10 days to 2 weeks.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Stratos on October 05, 2023, 03:27:50 PMI pre ordered the Saurophaganax figure from Amazon, directly from Amazon with free prime shipping. Does anyone have any idea when I should expect to receive it? Perhaps at the end of the month?

Quote from: Pachyventer on October 05, 2023, 03:54:01 PMI ordered the Saurophaganax figure from Dan's Dinosaurs on September 28. Since then, the status of my order is still "Awaiting Fulfillment". .......

I don't think that either Amazon or Dan do have the figure in stock right now. Even PNSO's Offical Store on AliExpress isn't offering it yet.

Stratos

Quote from: bmathison1972 on October 05, 2023, 04:08:52 PM

Where are you located? Amazon shipments to me (Utah, USA) from China usually come in 10 days to 2 weeks.

New York

Antey

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on October 04, 2023, 05:57:05 PM
what was so wrong with the first 3 carcharodontosaurids of 2023. And how the Acrocanthosaurus, lingwulong, deinocheirus, etc.
Perhaps I expressed myself incorrectly, the PNSO carcharodontosaurids are good, I just didn't have time to buy any of them when the ugly tyrannosaurids arrived, and I was counting on them. I spoke figuratively about the color of the parrot. It's just that a giant predator cannot blink to have such a bright, unmasking color. Although I understand that many collectors like their shelves to look fancy. It's a matter of taste.
By the way. I recently purchased a PNSO book about dinosaurs. Many of the reconstructions there are simply monstrous. Didn't expect this from Zhao Chuang. But now I understand his mistakes in sculptures.

Stegotyranno420

So avatar_Antey @Antey, what is an example of a better reconstruction according to you if PNSO is monstrous.

Antey

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on October 05, 2023, 07:06:00 PMSo avatar_Antey @Antey, what is an example of a better reconstruction according to you if PNSO is monstrous.
I was referring to the reconstructions from the PNSO book. They are terrible for the most part. For example, the arms of abelisaurids bending at the elbows. If the artist, when drawing a dinosaur, did not even bother to familiarize himself with scientific materials on their anatomy, then this is unforgivable. And then we will be surprised at the hybrid of Mantellisaurus and Iguanodon.

SlurmpSaurus

I feel like with the last 3 releases being jurassic theropods,I can only hope we are finally going to get a proper and possibly definitive Ceratosaurus figure, wich is something i'm definitely looking forward to!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: