News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCambrianCrusader

dragon53

EuropaSuchus

Not a fan of this size. Zuul is one of the larger ankylosaurids.

Quiversaurus

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Quote from: EuropaSuchus on November 13, 2023, 12:29:44 AMNot a fan of this size. Zuul is one of the larger ankylosaurids.
I mean it's 1/35 scale so I don't see much of an issue.

SidB

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on November 13, 2023, 04:24:07 AM
Quote from: EuropaSuchus on November 13, 2023, 12:29:44 AMNot a fan of this size. Zuul is one of the larger ankylosaurids.
I mean it's 1/35 scale so I don't see much of an issue.
My thought too - if 1/35 or so is one's collection arena. Of course a lot of PNSO's 1/35 offerings a more than a bit larger, so that can throw off one's perception of relative scale.

Bread

I wonder if your comment is more so regarding the comparison of Zuul and Sede the Ankylosaurus. Sede is ginormous, and at about 1:32 scale while using the largest Ankylosaurus specimen.

oscars_dinos

Quote from: Bread on November 13, 2023, 02:25:08 PM
I wonder if your comment is more so regarding the comparison of Zuul and Sede the Ankylosaurus. Sede is ginormous, and at about 1:32 scale while using the largest Ankylosaurus specimen.

I've always just seen sede as my giant 1:35 anky, I don't mind the size of this zuul, the inaccuracies are a bit of a lit down but they seem minor enough to where it won't stop me from getting it, I just wish I could find some camprision pictures with the other ankylosaurs.the one real fear I have is that the scale detail between them might look odd

dragon53

GojiraGuy1954

New figure pic

Spoiler
[close]
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Carnoking

Tail stretches into next week!

SenSx

It seems a little small for a Spinosaur, still no 1/35 Spinosaur from PNSO ?

Tracewyrm!

Quote from: SenSx on November 16, 2023, 10:53:03 AMIt seems a little small for a Spinosaur, still no 1/35 Spinosaur from PNSO ?
I made a possible size range for this figure when the images first surfaced. It's kind of hard to figure out the size but here are some more or less high and low estimates based on an image of it next to the Mapusaurus. Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that it will be on the smaller side (unfortunately) but we don't have great angles to judge from.

* (It's locked.)

Bread

It still baffles me we didn't get this a while ago when they released those two Spinosaurs.

JimoAi

on another note, I've ordered the alamosaurus and the package weighs 1.54KG

thomasw100

Maybe not Spinosaurus, but the Irritator that was rumoured a while ago. According to the Eofauna theropod book, Irritator is estimated at around 8.7 meters, which would translate to 25 cm in 1:35 scale.

CarnotaurusKing

T @thomasw100 not sure about that, Irritator seems to have not had a sail, and seems to have had a proportionately shorter skull.

Hope they do make an Irritator soon though. Wonder how (or if) they'll do the pelican jaw. Maybe alternate heads, a la the W-Dragon "accurate" rex.

thomasw100

Quote from: CarnotaurusKing on November 16, 2023, 03:22:46 PMT @thomasw100 not sure about that, Irritator seems to have not had a sail, and seems to have had a proportionately shorter skull.

Hope they do make an Irritator soon though. Wonder how (or if) they'll do the pelican jaw. Maybe alternate heads, a la the W-Dragon "accurate" rex.

Maybe I was influenced by some depictions of Irritator which actually show sort of a sail. Like the linked picture from the Natural History Museum.

Bread

https://youtu.be/_NY2GWJC8hg?si=L8azg43sZHkoli8I

Edit: This is DinoDragon's review!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: