News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renecito

Lucas the Giganotosaurus

Spoiler

[close]

Mungo the Meraxes

Mila the Mapusaurus

Cameron the Tyrannosaurus rex

Cole the Daspletosaurus

Keynes the Lythronax

Wally the Albertosaurus

Tristan the Gorgosaurus

Edward The Megalosaurus

Dayong the Yangchuanosaurus shangyouensis

Donald the Saurophaganax

Dapeng the Yangchuanosaurus magnus

Cayden the Zuul

Samuel the Alamosaurus

Aymen the Spinosaurus
Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

bmathison1972

Nice. I don't have this species yet, but barring a new release by Safari, I'll probably end up getting the striped Safari figure.

Jose S.M.

Interesting. I wonder how the head measures up to the fossils, previous incarnations of this have been criticized for using the older reconstructions.

Lynx

I didn't even realize this was meant to be a new figure. Oh well, it looks nice, not interested in getting it though. It's also a museum model, so it is bound to be expensive. The colors are interesting. Was hoping for an ankylosaur or something that PNSO rarely does, but I don't have strong feelings about this model.
An oversized house cat.

Baryonyx

It's cool how heavy set it is, particularly in the first image. This goes without saying because of the nature of the two animals themselves, but this is very similar to the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus (which was itself a milestone, capturing the immense musculature and columnar legs). The head does look more up to date!

Gwangi

It's a fine figure but I find it underwhelming. Maybe because PNSO has done so many big theropods, it just kind of gets lost in the noise. Very similar to the PNSO Carcharodontosaurus, as it probably should be, but having that one I see no need to get this one.

ceratopsian

I would much have preferred to see a completely new animal rather than an update - though it looks handsome enough.

SRF

Well I guess we knew this one was coming after the new versions of Essien, Wilson, Bieber and Doyle. I think this one is better than the Carcharodontosaurus, but they do look very similar. It seems to be quite a bit longer, but not so much higher than the Carcharodontosaurus. Not sure if it's worth it if you already have Gamba.
But today, I'm just being father

Dusty Wren

Well, that's a letdown. I'm not a fan of large theropods in general and carcharodontosaurids are my least favorite among those, so this one's a pass for me. Good to see that PNSO is back at it, though.
Check out my customs thread!

Pliosaurking

It's a nice figure, although it looks a lot like the Carcharodontosaurus, which is understandable obviously. I may get it although I have several PNSO figures I still need to get before it.

Carnoking

Man, it's gonna be a long year...

Medzo

I ws personally waiting for this since I've started to collect PNSO. The older version was not fit with the newer lines started in the last years. I also missed Gamba as I've felt we are going to see something like this again.

Stegotyranno420

I love it, but I prefer my Fergus.

Fembrogon

This looks like a good contender for most accurate Giga figure we have so far (next to maybe the Favorite?). The skull already looks much closer to recent reconstructions than either the Safari or the Eofauna versions (or the Vitae, for that matter).
Museum line is a bummer, though; that sub-line is way too expensive usually. I'll keep an eye out during sale times, though, as I'm still very partial to Giganotosaurus.
Now how about a low-price non-dinosaur next, PNSO?

suspsy

That looks really good. Hopefully we'll soon see some comparison shots with the Carcharodontosaurus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

CarnotaurusKing

avatar_Jose S.M. @Jose S.M. The head looks to be much more based on that of Meraxes. It seems to match up quite well with the latest skeletal by Dan Folkes as well, though with a slightly larger head and less defined back.

Wonderful model, as per usual from PNSO. Timely too, since the YDaW episode on Giganotosaurus isn't far now. Though it is a museum-line figure, and yet another Giganotosaurus so :P Would've preferred an ornithopod or maniraptoriform (Gallimimus or an oviraptorosaur, in particular). Excited to see what else they put out, though!

Antey

I have long wanted this predator in my collection. After the critical smashing of previous models of Giganotosaurus from other manufacturers, I looked at the model from Vitae. But I didn't like her for some reason, probably because of her pose. And now the PNSO has made its own version. And it seems that the skull looks like a new reconstruction. But still something is worrying. He's kind of sad, isn't he?

Stegotyranno420

I recall when I first joined the forum I was obsessed with this genus, I wonder how the old version of myself would react to this beast. Comparisons between Eofauna and Safari will be welcomed(of course once reviewers get it)
On closer inspection, the head seems a tad bit bulbous and large, while the body is slightly skinnier than it should be?

Faelrin

Very nice update to their previous model and long overdue I think. Appropriate that this comes after the Meraxes paper and new reconstruction. In said paper they provided a new estimate for Giganotosaurus skull:

QuoteThey estimate it to be about 163.4 cm, with a give or take between 157.8 and 168.8 cm, with a 95% probability.

I copied the above from back when I posted about in the news section of the forum here. Paper seems paywalled now so glad I got that information when I did, in case it isn't readily available elsewhere (such as wikipedia).

Anyways it looks to be similar to Meraxes in the general skull proportions, so it will be interesting to compare the final figure with the estimate above.

I may consider getting this eventually as I still don't have a Giganotosaurus in my collection, but like I still have quite the roster of PNSO figures to go for first (Dunkleosteus, Acrocanthosaurus, etc).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Antey

What I don't really like about this model is that I would make the muzzle a little shorter and the tail a little longer. And I also don't like the color of the horny growths on the muzzle, I would make them dark.
And I'm also surprised why they didn't release Mapusaurus, because its skeleton is much better studied, several individuals are known, and besides, few people released Mapusaurus.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: