News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fembrogon

Quote from: DefinitelyNOTDilo on December 12, 2023, 09:17:54 PMYet at the same time hlg's prices are consistently very low even while doing this.
I don't know how they do it, but I certainly hope they can keep doing it.

And Donald does indeed look marvelous.

Quiversaurus

Seeing the discussion on legs/warping/stability reminded me of HLG's approach. This was V @vampiredesign 's explanation - I believe the legs of HLG's theropods are of a different, harder plastic, which allows them to maintain their stance without warp or support:

Quote from: vampiredesign on August 30, 2023, 07:46:21 AMWe won't make the bracket, you can see that our model legs are separate parts and molds. Will not fall down due to high temperature. We would rather give up some postures here, and each product will be tested for stability. If the product is squeezed inside the box, only hot water and a hair dryer need to be heated and adjusted to stand stably.
 Not soft feet is also one of the characteristics of the product. I personally don't like brackets either.

The seam doesn't bother me too much, but then again, different strokes for different folks...

thomasw100

The warping issue has now affected my PNSO Therizinosaurus to the point that it does not want to stand at all any more. Any suggestion what one could do besides using the stand or attaching Blu Tack to the feet?

Duna

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 13, 2023, 02:07:53 PMThe warping issue has now affected my PNSO Therizinosaurus to the point that it does not want to stand at all any more. Any suggestion what one could do besides using the stand or attaching Blu Tack to the feet?
Put water near boiling temperature, put the feet/legs in it, then take it out and position as you want and hold about 2 minutes until it cools in that position.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Duna on December 13, 2023, 02:47:53 PM
Quote from: thomasw100 on December 13, 2023, 02:07:53 PMThe warping issue has now affected my PNSO Therizinosaurus to the point that it does not want to stand at all any more. Any suggestion what one could do besides using the stand or attaching Blu Tack to the feet?
Put water near boiling temperature, put the feet/legs in it, then take it out and position as you want and hold about 2 minutes until it cools in that position.

Hairdryer works wonders too and you can kind of aim it at the afflicted area only.

Over9K

Quote from: Duna on December 13, 2023, 02:47:53 PM

Also, once you have it standing in the position you want, I usually rapid-cool with ice water poured over the area. This is supposed to "reset" the material's memory.

Carnoking

Cayden and Dapeng are in the house!

Carnoking

Gotta be honest, as the first non-theropod release from PNSO in what? A year? Cayden is a bit of a letdown. With the exception of the ossicles, the sculpted detail feels largely basic and in some areas, completely absent.

Just as an example, the left leg looks nearly devoid of texture.

Pair all that with a relatively simplistic paint job and you've got one lackluster figure in my book, especially considering the size and price.

Spoiler

Friendly reminder that Sede costs a mere 20.00 or so to Zulu's 32.00

And that's before even mentioning HAOLONGGOOD's beautiful little Tianzhenosaurus!

On a positive note, I like the open mouth and it sure plays well off of Tristan. Now his pose makes sense!

They should have named this figure Tonya...

"I see you're messing about. Would you also like to find out?"

[close]

Carnoking

Dapeng, on the other hand, is another exemplary theropod from the PNSO catalogue.

Spoiler

I must say, I was surprised by the size of this figure. He's roughly the same size as Donald but for whatever reason feels larger and more imposing.

It's amazing what lips do for these figures. Donald still edges it out in the realism department for me, but I'm sure glad PNSO are continuing to add extra oral tissue to their theropods.

Here he is with little Dayong, and that's a big emphasis on little. Dapeng absolutely towers over that figure, and for a mere 12 dollars more at that.

Still, it's fun to have both these figures in the collection!

And here's Dapeng with the OG Dayong. I still love that figure for the intricate paint but it really is impressive to see how far PNSO has come in regards to refining their sculpts. Dayong looks a little leathery in comparison.

And with a little trial and error, you can get Dapeng on the base with Xiaobei!

And of course, here he is with Cameron.

[close]

Between the underwhelming Cayden and lovely Dapeng here, these two releases are all the more reason that I'd be content as a cucumber if PNSO decides to keep making theropods and leave the herbivores to the likes of HAOLONGGOOD.

atrashbug

Quote from: Carnoking on December 15, 2023, 01:34:09 PM

That Yangchuanosaurus is absolutely beautiful. Also a bit bigger than I had realized seeing him next to the saurophaganax.

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Carnoking on December 15, 2023, 01:07:45 PM

Cayden and Dapeng are in the house!
Did they throw your Yangchuanosaurus out of the delivery van?
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

Carnoking

The Zuul box didn't do much better, but at least there was one good side 😅

It's crazy that these come wrapped in those long air tubes but still come out like that!

GojiraGuy1954

Never had any problems at all with a box being damaged using ED
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

bmathison1972

I have noticed when Happy Hen Toys advertises PNSO on their website, they have options for regular or damaged boxes, with the latter being a few to several dollars cheaper. I recently ordered the PNSO Alamosaurus with the 'damaged' box option (it was the only option). I think it arrive today so I'll see when I get home. Luckily PNSO figures are usually well packaged so a dinged box shouldn't affect the figure itself.

Carnoking

I'd have to check who I bought them from but I will say that I purchased these from Aliexpress during the 11.11 sale. They're probably the most damaged boxes I've received having bought from a variety of retailers.
That said, since these aren't Mattel toys, or even museum line releases, I'm not too concerned about "mint" packaging as long as the figures themselves aren't damaged.

Carnoking

But that is certainly good to know about Happy Hen Toys! I'll have to look into that in future.

Fembrogon

I've bought "damaged-box" PNSO models from Happy Hen Toys before, to great satisfaction. It's the only reason I managed to acquire the Tsintaosaurus*, because it was marked something like 40% off. The box was basically fine, btw.

* also the Zhuchengtyrannus, but at less extreme of a discount. I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise, though, so I'm very glad it happened because I ended up loving the figure.

bmathison1972

Quote from: Fembrogon on December 15, 2023, 11:04:18 PMI've bought "damaged-box" PNSO models from Happy Hen Toys before, to great satisfaction. It's the only reason I managed to acquire the Tsintaosaurus*, because it was marked something like 40% off. The box was basically fine, btw.

* also the Zhuchengtyrannus, but at less extreme of a discount. I probably wouldn't have bothered otherwise, though, so I'm very glad it happened because I ended up loving the figure.

yup, the 'damaged box' Alamosaurus arrived today in perfect shape :)

Renecito

Aymen the Spinosaurus

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Dusty Wren

You know, I've been burned out on all of PNSO's theropods this year, but I'm still excited about the idea of an updated Spinosaurus. I think it's because I've been wanting a properly bipedal one for ages.
Check out my customs thread!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: