News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceratopsian

Some excellent photos, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking.  It's a mightily impressive model with a stand-out colour scheme.

Thialfi

Mila the Mapusaurus

Carnoking

Quote from: Thialfi on March 24, 2023, 12:03:00 PM

Mila the Mapusaurus

And not five minutes after I celebrate getting the Meraxes... You gotta be kidding me  ::)

Flaffy

I really wish PNSO changed up the integument for this one... Mapusaurus is famous for its incredibly rugose skull, which would've likely supported extensive keratin ridges.

PNSO going for yet another smooth keratin reconstruction, after we've already had the Giganotosaurus and Meraxes strikes me as odd. Surely they'd want to differentiate the figures enough as not to cannibalise each others sales?

Renecito

Favorite Brands:              Favorite Dinosaurs:
1 - PNSO                        1 - Carnotaurus
2 - Vitae                         2 - Spinosaurus/Suchomimus
3 - Eofauna                     3 - Therizinosaurus
4 - Carnegie Line             4 - Deinocheirus
5 - CollectA                     5 - Gigantoraptor

Thialfi

Quote from: Carnoking on March 24, 2023, 12:08:06 PM

Mila the Mapusaurus

Not five minutes after I celebrate getting the Meraxes... You gotta be kidding me  ::)
I know right, I almost felt bad posting it. Don't be too disheartened though, the Meraxes is a beautiful and unique model and to be honest: after their third Carcharodontosaurid in a row it starts to feel a little repetitive? 👀 Don't get me wrong, Mila looks very pretty indeed, and I certainly don't have to buy her. Choice is good! I just didn't notice at first this was a new release and scrolled past the image when I first saw it.

Carnoking

Quote from: Thialfi on March 24, 2023, 12:21:22 PM

Mila the Mapusaurus

Not five minutes after I celebrate getting the Meraxes... You gotta be kidding me  ::)
I know right, I almost felt bad posting it. Don't be too disheartened though, the Meraxes is a beautiful and unique model and to be honest: after their third Carcharodontosaurid in a row it starts to feel a little repetitive? 👀 Don't get me wrong, Mila looks very pretty indeed, and I certainly don't have to buy her. Choice is good! I just didn't notice at first this was a new release and scrolled past the image when I first saw it.

It's the risk we all take when getting the latest PNSO model I suppose! Just another reminder to me as I try to limit my dinosaur related purchases to be patient and wait and see what they have up their sleeve before deciding what's most important to get.

SidB

I had a very strong feeling that we were going to get a Mapusaurus next. Go figure! Love these figures, but I do wish that PNSO would get on with some sauropods.

Lynx

It looks nice but... really? Again?
Considering these are species with little difference between one another, it's difficult for me to appreciate 3 in a row.
An oversized house cat.

SidB

Quote from: Thialfi on March 24, 2023, 12:21:22 PM

Mila the Mapusaurus

I'm definitely anticipating the transition from winter to spring weather here in Toronto, so I  can accelerate my horticultural work schedule and be able to afford gems like this, without pillaging my savings account. Also, space is becoming the final frontier!

Fembrogon

Hoo boy, PNSO isn't letting up, are they? I can't say I'll complain about a nice new Mapusaurus, but I certainly do ope we get some entirely different creatures soon.

Quote from: Flaffy on March 24, 2023, 12:15:28 PMI really wish PNSO changed up the integument for this one... Mapusaurus is famous for its incredibly rugose skull, which would've likely supported extensive keratin ridges.
PNSO seems to lean on the conservative side for details like those, don't they? I'm reminded of how many genera appear feathered in artwork only to lack any sign of which on the model.
I agree it's a missed opportunity for something a little more interesting.

Thialfi

Oh yes, I hear you on the space part, S @SidB! Too often I say "engage" when tempted by a model, but it's slowly starting to become a bit of an issue when dinosaurs start to pop up in my drawer with socks.

Pliosaurking

Beautiful figure but I'm hoping they diversify their line a bit more.
I may get it but there is several other figures I need to get first.

ceratopsian

Theropods are not my chief collecting interest, so I'm hoping that the carcharodontosaurs will be like the proverbial London buses and come in threes (but not fours)! I'm hoping for a change of focus on PNSO's part for the next release. I plan on buying the Meraxes but not the other two.

Bread

Quote from: ceratopsian on March 24, 2023, 01:08:43 PMTheropods are not my chief collecting interest, so I'm hoping that the carcharodontosaurs will be like the proverbial London buses and come in threes (but not fours)! I'm hoping for a change of focus on PNSO's part for the next release. I plan on buying the Meraxes but not the other two.
Technically if you include their Acrocanthosaurus, it would be four.

Also, their Carcharodontosaurus, but to be honest I can't count that one due to its small size.

Flaffy

I guess another way to think about this is PNSO offering different paint scheme "variants" for their figures. Not dissimilar to how Rebor or Haolonggood does things.

The three sculpts are practically identical anyways save for minor anatomical differences. So just pick the one that speaks the most to you. (Or get all 3 like how some collectors collect every single variant out there)

DragonRider02

If they're gonna make 4th carcharodontosaur in a row, I hope it will be a Concavenator.

suspsy

There's nothing at all bad about Mila, yet I am nevertheless disappointed at how she's the third big carcharodontosaurid in a row. I'd feel the same way if PNSO had done Diplodocus, Galeamopus, and Kaatedocus or Anchiceratops, Arrhinoceratops, and Coahuilaceratops all in a row. Hopefully the fourth 2023 release will be something different.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SRF

Quote from: Bread on March 24, 2023, 01:19:51 PM
Quote from: ceratopsian on March 24, 2023, 01:08:43 PMTheropods are not my chief collecting interest, so I'm hoping that the carcharodontosaurs will be like the proverbial London buses and come in threes (but not fours)! I'm hoping for a change of focus on PNSO's part for the next release. I plan on buying the Meraxes but not the other two.
Technically if you include their Acrocanthosaurus, it would be four.

Also, their Carcharodontosaurus, but to be honest I can't count that one due to its small size.

Why wouldn't you count Gamba among PNSO's Carcharodontosaurids? It's not out of scale compared to the others and with a length of 33 centimeters it still represents a specimen of over 11.5 meters at 1:35 scale.
But today, I'm just being father

Faelrin

Not surprised they did this one too. In fact I think I called it here lol. Do hope for something different after this though (although I wouldn't be opposed to Concavenator). Coloration looks really nice as well.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: