News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

PNSO : New for 2023

Started by Renecito, February 08, 2023, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnoking

These are actually pretty cool. Wish you had the option to pick and choose, I'd snap that Wilson skull one up.
I've always liked the shirt/sweatshirt that Zhao Chuang sports in his making of videos, wouldn't mind if they started selling those!

Lynx

Do you know what would really rack in the sales, PNSO? Dinosaur socks.
Here is a 5 paragraph essay on why PNSO should stop selling dinosaur figures and become a dinosaur sock company.

PNSO is a popular company for those interested in collecting dinosaur figures, particularly praised for their accurate and high-quality models. With a new CEO, they have sold various new merch, including trading cards, hats, and prints. However, few actually spark interest in the community, thus, I present a solution. Dinosaur Socks. All sizes. Long, short, and every sock in between. Socks are of interest to all people, practical, and can be reused. Without further ado, let us get into it.

First off, who doesn't like socks? Unless you are a weirdo, socks are for everyday life and are highly important. They protect your important feet from harm and are fun to slide in at home. They also ensure nobody is uncomfortable by your bare feet when you take your shoes off. Further, they are even cooler with, you guessed it, DINOSAURS. Everybody is going to flock to the awesome dinosaur socks rather than the boring ones sitting in the closet. Who doesn't like dinosaurs? This is perfect for those that don't want to pay 50 bucks for a figure that is two inches tall, it is perfect. Just think of the diversity in species you can get by socks. Even better, they don't have to worry about being unable to add lips to their models, since there's no articulated jaw on socks!

Secondly, dinosaur socks are just practical. Studies show that dinosaur-themed socks make people happy, which is very important. Even your boss won't be mad about how casual dinosaur socks are when you show them awesome Triceratops! Dinosaur socks are also shown to increase dopamine. Simply, dinosaur socks are practical for everyone. Easy to keep track of thanks to their awesome design, and if you aren't feeling like just having one species of dinosaur socks, you can mix and match them! It's much more practical and useful than hats or trading cards. They keep your feet warm and also have so many other benefits, there are 0 reasons not to sell them. Everybody will be happy with your dinosaur socks.

Finally, PNSO socks are reusable and safe for the environment. Unlike hats or trading cards which have to be thrown away when they get badly beaten, if you lose a dinosaur sock from your pair, you can repurpose it into sock puppets. And with an awesome dinosaur, there are no googly eyes needed. I mean, unless you wanted to. That's the beauty of it. There are tons of ways to repurpose dinosaur socks instead of throwing them away. 50,000 tons of socks are thrown away each year. Do you want to know why? Because they are boring. Dinosaur socks not only prevent this by being cool but also are guaranteed to be bought again by someone that has taste in case you're a weirdo and don't like dinosaur socks.

In conclusion, if PNSO were to release dinosaur socks, they would be doing a favor to everyone. Merchandise guaranteed to sell, and be kept! By being practical, reusable, and just plain cool, dinosaur socks are a great decision to be sold by the CEO. Further, to ramp up sales, make multiple series of socks! That way there's constant interest in dinosaur socks. There is no need for hats or reprints as trading cards when you have awesome PNSO socks. With so many benefits, why say no? I believe that PNSO, thanks to everything provided, should sell prehistoric socks.
An oversized house cat.

Shane

Those hats actually look pretty cool.

Prehistory Resurrection

Stegotyranno420

avatar_Lynx @Lynx you are skilled in clothes marketing! You must go work for them. Besides I agree, anyone who goes out or enters my house barefoot on purpose without socks is an infidel.

Jokes aside, I think Cameron is...cool. But Wilson feels more expensive, even if less intricately sculpted.

Faelrin

That reminds me my sister bought me a pair of dino socks and they were my favorite socks. No lie I'd buy some PNSO themed ones. Glad to see a review of Cameron so soon. Will need to watch it later tonight.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ceratopsian

Funnily enough I'd buy dino socks, avatar_Lynx @Lynx! But not four baseball caps.  Not that there's anything wrong with them and they might sell very well.  Just not my personal thing.  I want socks or a dinosaur model!

Sim

I've just started watching A @Andysdinosaurreviews's video on Cameron and I noticed PNSO made a mistake, at 1:57 they say Protoceratops is a tyrannosaur!  I guess they meant Proceratosaurus!

CARN0TAURUS

Thanks for posting Andy's video guys!  folks like the video so much we got it posted twice, LOL!

I have a question for the guys that prefer their theropods with lips.  Will you guys be purchasing this Cameron despite it not having lips?  I've come to love my BotM 1/3 T-rex so much that now the lipless look just looks kind of silly to me.  Yeah, I've gone in the complete opposite direction.  This is the T-rex that I wanted PNSO to make since winter Wilson dropped and because of that I can not pass on it.  But now the lipless look is threatening to put a damper on my purchase.  How have you guys overcome this with previous PNSO releases?

I'm wondering if I'm not better off buying the new Krentz 1/35 scale resin kit, but who am I kidding, I'll probably just end up buying both ;)

Paleo Flo

In my opinion this is an underwhelming release. I liked the other PNSO Rexes more, even if I never bought one of it.
It feels like a classical toy with superior package
Welcome to Florassic Park...my collection:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10638.0

Duna

Quote from: CARN0TAURUS on May 31, 2023, 04:54:35 PMThanks for posting Andy's video guys!  folks like the video so much we got it posted twice, LOL!

I have a question for the guys that prefer their theropods with lips.  Will you guys be purchasing this Cameron despite it not having lips?  I've come to love my BotM 1/3 T-rex so much that now the lipless look just looks kind of silly to me.  Yeah, I've gone in the complete opposite direction.  This is the T-rex that I wanted PNSO to make since winter Wilson dropped and because of that I can not pass on it.  But now the lipless look is threatening to put a damper on my purchase.  How have you guys overcome this with previous PNSO releases?

I'm wondering if I'm not better off buying the new Krentz 1/35 scale resin kit, but who am I kidding, I'll probably just end up buying both ;)
I would definitely buy it if I had the money! Regardless of the lips. It's a very good figure. What's more, I've been very critical with Wilson (I hate that figure) and PNSO has listened (to me and others) and has corrected amazingly quickly everything that was wrong in that figure: the falling-over-pose with that impossible planted backstride and the corn-cob scales. And now it's just perfect (if it had lips better but that would have to wait).

avatar_Lynx @Lynx I would buy those socks! But not baseball caps. I don't like their look (except in baseball players). In my country it's common for pandilleros like Trinitarios and so use them.

Sim

I prefer theropods to have lips, but I don't mind if they don't have them.  I'm planning to get PNSO's Cameron.

Jose S.M.

I do like the caps. I only use them to the beach or when I'm going to be out in the sun for long time. But I would love to have nice dino socks! I have a pair with little brachiosaurus like sauropods but they are not in a great shape nowadays.

SRF

While I prefer lips on theropods, I actually like Cameron more than most lipped T. Rex models. So I'll definitely get it, as soon as I can. Which means as soon as I can get a little discount on it.

Seeing Andy's review, I do appreciate all the art that comes with the figure. So I don't mind paying more for Cameron than I did for Wilson and Andrea.
But today, I'm just being father

Gwangi

I like the hats, and I own and wear a lot of hats. I never leave my house without a hat on. The two on the end look great but I'm not seeing anything interesting about the other two.

Over9K

Sorry PNSO, if you want my dinosaur hat money, you gotta go a bit harder than that.

I have a few... I choose which one to wear based on my mood that day...

Faras

Seems I underestimated how well T. rex sells... about 900pcs sold domestically atm.

Medzo

These hats are just lackluster. Keep to your profile PNSO.

SRF

Quote from: Medzo on June 01, 2023, 09:34:10 AMThese hats are just lackluster. Keep to your profile PNSO.

What profile would that be?
But today, I'm just being father

Lynx

Quote from: SRF on June 01, 2023, 11:06:28 AM
Quote from: Medzo on June 01, 2023, 09:34:10 AMThese hats are just lackluster. Keep to your profile PNSO.

What profile would that be?

making socks
An oversized house cat.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: