News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Marco Makes - New for 2023

Started by Flaffy, March 20, 2023, 02:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

"BRING A LOST WORLD HOME WITH THE BASIC FIGURE ASSORTMENT! APPROXIMATELY 25 CM LONG COLLECTABLE RESIN DINOSAUR MODELS. PAINTED AND UNPAINTED VERSIONS AVAILABLE. 22 MODELS TO COLLECT. AVAILABLE FROM APRIL 1ST 2023! Price TBD. "- Marco

FULL CATALOGUE:
Spoiler

[close]

RubberSaurs TLW Pachycephalosaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

April 1st? Not a good release date lol

I've never purchased any of these before as they were just too limited. maybe if this time they are around longer I might try a couple?

Eatmycar

The trike and the green Parasaur might be the only ones of interest here to me... the rest are stuck in a terribly bland T-pose. I can't understand why such a boring pose is acceptable to sell?

It's good to see he's branching out beyond the really limited to get Rubbersaurs though, because those things are luck of the draw to obtain, to be honest.

CityRaptor

Well, I have some concerns regarding the bipeds. I wonder how stable they stand because they look ike they will break if they fall off the shelf. And I'm pretty sure they won't be cheap.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blackdanter

Jurassic Pork knock offs?

Anyone know whether these hand sculpted or CAD/3d printed rubbish?

JimoAi

Quote from: Blackdanter on March 20, 2023, 08:53:27 AMJurassic Pork knock offs?

likely 3d printed

Blackdanter

Quote from: JimoAi on March 20, 2023, 08:55:52 AM

likely 3d printed

They do look good in the images. It's getting tougher to find stuff that's actually start to finish artistry.       

Flaffy

Quote from: Eatmycar on March 20, 2023, 07:00:59 AMThe trike and the green Parasaur might be the only ones of interest here to me... the rest are stuck in a terribly bland T-pose. I can't understand why such a boring pose is acceptable to sell?

Marco is clearly trying to replicate the SWS maquettes and concept art. Most if not all of which are in static neutral poses.

It's fine if you're personally not a fan, but it's hyperbolic to claim that it's "unacceptable" to have his figures posed this way. It's his line, his products, he has freedom to choose how he wants his figures to look like.

"Knock offs" in the same vein that Nanmu and pre-license W-Dragon figures are. Marco has made a name for himself replicating the Jurassic style and its designs.

I get your reservations in 3D printing being hit or miss, though the technology has advanced considerably over the past couple years. But I don't see how digital sculpting is in any way inferior to hand-sculpting. Both are valid forms of art, just using entirely different approaches/mediums to achieve the same end-result. It's like saying digital art isn't "true art" because of the involvment of technology.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Blackdanter on March 20, 2023, 09:07:16 AM
Quote from: JimoAi on March 20, 2023, 08:55:52 AM

likely 3d printed

They do look good in the images. It's getting tougher to find stuff that's actually start to finish artistry.       
I'm sorry but could you not? 3D sculpting is just as much art as sculpting physically by hand. Just like digital art is just as much art as paint is.

CityRaptor

Exactly. Art is art, no matter the medium it is archieved in. Hand sculpted/painted stuff can also end up looking terrible, some as digitally made ones. Although I would exclude AI art since that is basically art theft and ai generated Dinosaurs look terrible...wait a minute, that's basically the movie 65.
Oh no

Prehistory Resurrection

Blade-of-the-Moon

Here's a link to his etsy : https://www.etsy.com/shop/MarcoMakes?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1452424227&section_id=42337764

I just ordered the Corythosaurus, others  I wanted were already sold out.

Here is the pricing breakdown for a single painted figure :
QuoteOrder summary
Item(s) total   $71.18
Shipping   $23.29
Sales tax *   $8.74
Order total (1 item)   $103.21

Anyone know if they will restock? I wanted the green Para and the Galli.

Jose S.M.

This is the artist that made unofficial versions of Prehistoric Planet's Tyrannosaurus, Velociraptor and Deinocheirus right.  Darren Naish had shown them on Twitter.

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 04, 2023, 05:01:46 PMAnyone know if they will restock? I wanted the green Para and the Galli.

Yes they're just sorting out all the orders atm before restocking.

I'm debating getting the JP Triceratops and TLW Pachycephalosaurus.

Flaffy

Actually, does anyone know if the JP Parasaurolophus has ever been made into figure form?

If Marco's is the first and only rendition of it then I might indulge in a copy as well.

The figures I'm considering:
- Dilophosaurus
- Triceratops
- Parasaurolophus (JP)
- Pachycephalosaurus

I'm also tempted by the Corythosaurus and Carnotaurus; but considering how the HC ones are coming (or will come)...

CityRaptor

Captivz mae one. Also technically Kenner.
Oh no

Fenestra

I must say, the Carnotaurus in Andy's Dinosaur Reviews looks very good.
If these figures are actually handpainted then I think the price is fair.

Faelrin

avatar_CityRaptor @CityRaptor Which Kenner figure was that? Was it one of the babies or die cast figures? I guess I could also just check JPToys to jog my memory. The only Parasaurolophus I'm familiar with from them was the electronic TLW toy.

Edit: So it seems there was some die cast and baby Parasaurolophus figures out there, but none in particular have that green coloration of the original JP Parasaurolophus from what I could see. Closest might be the the JP Series 2 Tim though, since it does have similar sort of striping however, but the main body color is more beige I think.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

CityRaptor

Diecast one and later a baby for the series 2 Tim. Although they do not match color-wise.
Oh no

Faelrin

Thanks. That was what I was figuring, but at least they tried in some way.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.