News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Poster Check Lists - A Visual Guide for Collectors

Started by Ikessauro, April 17, 2023, 05:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikessauro

Quote from: DinoToyForum on June 20, 2023, 05:49:49 PMThanks for being so amenable, I'll look at options. I've removed the Battat poster now. Inspired by your posters It occurred to me that I may be able to achieve something similar with code, to make the process less labour-intensive, so I've mocked that up on the Battat page. It's not as pretty as your posters but kind of works. I'll keep you posted.

I think that change on the blog will be quite welcome. Good  job!

Ikessauro

Today's poster is for TS Toys Dinosaurs.

A few notes. I decided to not include in the poster the smaller rubber bead-filled models. Since they are quite different material etc, I think they are not part of the same line, just like those eletronic Battat dinos are not part of the main line.

About the colors. I think green was the best (non blue) color to compliment the figures. Since I already used blue in more than one poster so far, green seemed the best choice. The orange was chosen as a sort of complimentary color, because I acutually have no clue what are the real colors of this company. I  had to re-draw the logo based on what is stamped on the toys and could not find any useful information about TS Toys online. If anyone know anything about this company, let me know

Ikessauro

I have finished two more  posters. First up is Pupee Dinosaurs, a small toy line that makes cheap, yet cute, Jurassic World (licensed) baby dinosaurs. I had all of them untill recently, but let a couple go from my collection and they released a few more, like the  Mosasaurus and mini T.rexes (with glow in the dark eyes). For the poster design, I went with the colors of the brand logo, sort of. I used the same light blue, but to avoid using pure white, opted for a "baby yellow" (is that a real color name??)background instead. I think it suits the baby theme here.

Second, one of my most beloved collections, the Salvat Dinosaurs. I know they are basically knock offs of other brands, but back in early 2000's, those were the best dinos available here in Brazil. I had a lot of fun collecting those, which by the time I started collecting, were already somewhat hard to find. I was a bit more bold on the design of the poster here. The borders are simple green and the background is actually the same background pattern used in the magazine covers. For those not aware, SAlvat Dinosaurs are part of a magazine collection, similar to Orbis Publishing's Dinosaurs! Each week a new issue was released with a dino toy included. I simply recreated the magazine cover design in the poster. If you look closely, you might notice the small Psittacosaurs have two imagens inside a single square. It was my way to show the difference between them. They only differ by a single white stripe down the spine, so you can only see it from above or the back, that's why I included that in there.

Cover of one of the issues

thedeadlymoose

Faelrin

Never heard of that brand with the baby JW dinosaurs. Man that Bumpy is super cute. I might have to hunt for one of those eventually. They remind me of this year's baby dinosaur Captivz figures, or these unofficial ones from this fast food chain.

After finding the Bumpy on Amazon, I just remembered that there were these wooden toy sets that had used the same style of artwork before.

Turns out this artwork was also used for the upcoming Jurassic World Explorers series, on another toy set:

Edit: Just saw you did a review of the Bumpy figure when looking at the search results. Going to check that out now. Sharing here in case anyone else wants to see:

Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ikessauro

Quote from: Faelrin on July 07, 2023, 11:25:49 PMEdit: Just saw you did a review of the Bumpy figure when looking at the search results. Going to check that out now. Sharing here in case anyone else wants to see:

Yes,  I also did a repaint.

If you need help, I can assisting you getting these dinos from Brazil. I, in fact, do have a few spare pieces for sale. They are fairly big, so shipping your way may be a bit too expensive to ship a single figure. A better strategy would be to buy more than one so  you save on shipping per piece, maybe split the shipping cost with another collector in North America that is after these?

Faelrin

I'd love to take your offer, but I'm trying to save up for too much as it is (Mattel, Cyberzoic, etc). If you have any around next year I can probably go for them then.

Also man that repaint is a huge improvement.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Ikessauro

Finished another of my posters. This time in bright yellow and orange... well, couldn't avoid it anymore. Chose these colors because these are the De Agostini Dinosaurs, released in Latin America as part of a magazine collection tied to the release of Disney's Dinosaurs. Because of that, the magazine used these colors for the cover and since De Agostini's logo is kind of lacking in color, I went with these ones.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.