News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

De Clay Studio

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, April 20, 2023, 12:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prehistory Resurrection

Came across this video of this review of this gorgeous T-Rex resin model by De Clay Studio. It's the first time that I'm learning about the existence of De Clay Studio. Don't know if a post has already been created about De Clay Studio before or not here, so wanted to spread awareness about it. Apparently, it is Vietnam-based. Its models look so good. Their models can be purchased either painted or unpainted. They also have a Triceratops, Megaloceros male and female, Columbian Mammoth and a Quetzalcoatlus.

More details on its Facebook and Instagram pages.

Pliosaurking

I just saw their trike it looks phenomenal!
Obviously it's a bit out of my usual price point, but might have to get this one, it's too good to pass up!

Dan

DeClay models have been available from Dan's Dinosaurs since January, and my understanding is that supplies are running low. Here's another take on their Tyrannosaurus in a different color scheme.

Their Columbian Mammoth has been especially popular, and I would say deservedly so. Additional images can be found here:
DeClay - Dan's Dinosaurs

Prehistory Resurrection

Bread

Has anyone here ordered from LanaTimeShop for this model? The painted version of the  Tyrannosaurus to be exact.

I read the description and it says to let them know before ordering?

Edit/Update: Contacted De Clay Studio directly and they got it all sorted out! Just a note to all future buyers, shipping can be expensive in which LanaTimeShop does not display correctly. It is shown as "free" and in this case it really shouldn't be.

Bread

Just wanted to showcase a few photos of their 1/35 Triceratops built up, followed by their 1/35 Quetzalcoatlus.

Both can also be purchased at 1/20 scale but hey I love the attention to 1/35 scale lately.

De Clay Studio's work

Instagram artist by the username of dinocomissions work

Probably my favorite due to the colorscheme plus the bird.

De Clay Studio's work

Definitely picking up their Quetzalcoatlus at some point. Haven't decided on whether De Clay Studio should do a build up or commission build up by an artist.

Anyways, I'm interested to see others post their build ups. Curious to see if someone will do a Prehistoric Park coloration on the Triceratops (imo would work very nicely).

Carnoking

The rex is sorely tempting...

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on May 22, 2023, 01:38:46 AMThe rex is sorely tempting...

Likewise. But I assume these are resin so that's off the menu for me (especially since the finished kit is $250). Really liking the Blue Rhino Studio influence, but the choice of only giving it half-lips is certainly an odd one.

Bread

I paid $278 for the complete model + shipping.

It was $218 for the finished model plus $60 for shipping.

This is for 1/35 scale. It is set to arrive within 4 weeks.

Just a heads up for anyone else thinking to buy one.

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy more so on the half lips is why I chose the open mouth version. Like you, it is my one nitpick regarding the model.

Bread

So, my Tyrannosaurus arrived a few days ago and I must say it is a pretty piece! But am I willing to keep it for a while?

I think the off putting factor of this piece is truly about how much of a fan are you of the Blue Rhino Studio model. For me, I've always wanted a smaller model to be made for the said statue. Given how popular Sue is, and it especially helps given that this 1/35 scale model perfectly captures her. And I've always been a Tyrannosaurus fan, and just this animal in general has a lot of nostalgia to my dinosaur/prehistoric interest growing up.

However, due to this love for Tyrannosaurus, I have been acquiring and will be acquiring more models to represent this genus. Given how Krentz 1/35 scale model is coming up and it has been a desire for me to own one of his rexes, I think this model will be temporary in my collection. I enjoy Sue's reconstruction, and how not only Blue Rhino, but De Clay Studio too, have delivered this memorable piece. So I believe it all comes down to preferences.

If anyone is interested, I am willing to part with this piece for the time being. It is in practically new condition, sitting in a glass cabinet. I am willing to take a loss on the price I paid, at about $280 directly from De Clay Studio, so I will be selling it off for $200 + buyer pays shipping. Shipping in the U.S. should only cost about $20 given the size and packaging, but if anyone who is buying outside we can discuss.

Again, a great piece but I think I jumped too quickly to purchase this model. Especially with, like I said previously, regarding Krentz upcoming Tyrannosaurus.

Photos below are mine:

Carnoking

Oh gosh, the temptation.

JohannesB

Even the unpainted version at 1/35 scale would amount to about $250 for me, and although I think it is a jaw-droppingly beautiful sculpture, I will have to pass. (I will have to make do with PNSO's Cameron and my other toy figures ;D

SidB

Quote from: JohannesB on June 26, 2023, 01:21:19 PMEven the unpainted version at 1/35 scale would amount to about $250 for me, and although I think it is a jaw-droppingly beautiful sculpture, I will have to pass. (I will have to make do with PNSO's Cameron and my other toy figures ;D
Yeah, sadly I'm in the same boat.

Prehistory Resurrection

Carnoking

The One True Queen!

I met Sue two years ago at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science and have wanted something reminiscent of that gorgeous work of art on my shelves since. That's why I was happy to rehome this piece from avatar_Bread @Bread

She more than scratches my itch! I never thought I'd say these words, but I'm not sure I need another T. rex...

Interior Photos
Spoiler

[close]

Studio Photos/Comparisons
Spoiler

"You stare at her, she just stares right back"

I'm yet to pick up PNSO's new Cameron but at this point I can't help but feel I don't need to.

It's amazing what some lips can do to help give your rex a facelift.

Speaking of PNSO, their infant rex pairs very well with Sue here.

But they grow up so fast  :'(

PNSO's Logan also makes a great companion piece.

Here it is with the next best thing in regards to a model akin to the BRS statue: REBOR's Kiss.

And here it is with Safari Ltd's 2017 Feathered rex

And the BotM 1/35 scale rex.

Prehistory meets Pop Culture!

Obviously no shade towards the figures featured here but I can honestly say that this De CLAY Studio rex is the one rex to rule them all! I guess that's to be expected with these made to order resin models but this is honestly everything I could want in a scientific rex model, more so than anything I've seen before or on the horizon.

When I met Sue at the DMNS, they also had their new Torosaurus "Tiny" on display, so I had to bring in PNSO's Toro for a comparison.

Sue on the hunt.

"Get in mah belly!"

Friendly reminder that a healthy adult Edmontosaurus could absolutely body a rex if pressed.

Two Kings.

[close]

Prehistory Resurrection

Stunning photographs! Amazing! Perhaps the best scientifically accurate T-Rex models meet each other. I did not realize that the Declay model looks exactly like the Blue Rhino museum model, save for the color scheme and without the prey until I saw these pictures. Hearty congratulations on your acquisition! I'm sure avatar_Bread @Bread is proud. I agree that this is the definitive scientifically accurate T-Rex model. Once again, congrats! I guess the temptation was too hard to resist after all haha 😄!

SidB

Good for you, avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking . I was tempted to ask for it myself, but I think that it ended up in the right hands, judging by your reaction. It's found a home that will appreciate it.

Bread

Wonderful photos! This is a great model and probably is one of the more definitive Tyrannosaurus reconstructions to acquire.
I am glad you like it!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.