News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

DinoToyForum Newsletter

Started by DinoToyForum, May 13, 2023, 09:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DinoToyForum

I'm experimenting with the forum's mailing list and just tried to send out a newsletter? I wonder if it worked - did anyone receive it?

postsaurischian

ceratopsian

DinoToyForum

Hmm, I guess it didn't work then!

Edit: I tried again. Any luck?

Gwangi

I got it, it went to my promotions folder on Gmail.

ceratopsian

I had checked my spam folder but nothing there.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I received it. It went into my Other folder on Hotmail and not my primary inbox.

triceratops83

Just then received it now in my primary inbox. Cool.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

ceratopsian

It turned up around 5 am UK time in my inbox.

Crackington

Got it too Dr Admin, thanks.

It'll be a useful summary of what is going from time to time.

Chasmosaurus

It's working. I've received the newsletter at 11:18. French hour.
Man is only interested in what he invents while what surrounds him is made in a much more extraordinary and complex way

SidB

Received my copy also - there to meet and greet me on my email this morning.

Remko

I received it as well, at 3 AM Dutch local time.

DinoToyForum

Ah, I'm glad it's working, thanks all for letting me know.

Don't worry, I'm not planning to use the mailing list very often but it might be nice to send out the occasional update. Especially to reach non-regulars who may even, shock horror, have forgotten about us!

Maybe I could include a digest of recent blog posts or active topics. But I'm cautious not to spam.

BlueKrono

Quote from: DinoToyForum on May 13, 2023, 10:35:34 PMHmm, I guess it didn't work then!

Mine came right to my regular gmail. And elicited yet another order from Happy Hen. 😖💸
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

DinoToyForum

Quote from: BlueKrono on May 14, 2023, 01:25:15 PM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on May 13, 2023, 10:35:34 PMHmm, I guess it didn't work then!

Mine came right to my regular gmail. And elicited yet another order from Happy Hen. 😖💸

avatar_HappyHen @HappyHen will be pleased! O:-)

EmperorDinobot

SBell

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 14, 2023, 10:47:12 PMWe have a newsletter?

Okay, I'm not the only one just hearing this...

DinoToyForum

Quote from: SBell on May 14, 2023, 10:50:51 PM
Quote from: EmperorDinobot on May 14, 2023, 10:47:12 PMWe have a newsletter?

Okay, I'm not the only one just hearing this...

I have a mailing list to which I can send a newsletter, but rarely do. I just tried tested it out. Members can opt in or out of receiving it in their account settings.

DinoToyForum

I just sent out a newsletter to forum members. The mail queue is long (2,700 emails) so it might take a while to come through. Please let me know if you don't receive it after 24 hours, it will help me to troubleshoot.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: