News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Small sauropod figures

Started by Remko, May 29, 2023, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remko

We already have the Big Sauropod figures topic, but like all animals, sauropods came in a variety of sizes. Some of them were hardly the giants everybody always thinks they are. A lot of them weren't larger than todays largest animals like rhino's or buffalo's, let alone elephants.

So I thought it would be interesting to showcase them in this topic.

Here are a couple of mine, these are all from Shapeways and in the 1:35th to 1:40th scale.

Amargasaurus herd.

With a 1:35th figure.

Atacamatitan, Magyarosaurus and Lirainosaurus.

Europasaurus family, beautifully painted by Raúl Pedroche after the design by Joschua Knüppe.

And with the unknown theropod, that has been suggested as being responsible for the rapid extinction of this species in the Europasaurus Blitzkrieg

I considered the PNSO Torvosaurus for it, but decided that was too large, so settled on the Vitae Sinraptor instead, which scales nicely in my opinion.

Libraraptor

Where are those beautiful Europasaurus available?

Remko

thomasw100

Quote from: Remko on May 30, 2023, 06:43:16 AM
Quote from: Libraraptor on May 29, 2023, 11:21:05 PMWhere are those beautiful Europasaurus available?

These are from shapeways as well, and painted by Raúl Pedroche.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/2H96T8SW2/europasaurus-1-35-v1?optionId=15580253&li=marketplace

I ordered the two 1:35 Europasaurus figures from Shapeways and got them today. Unfortunately, I am not happy with the quality of the prints. They made hollow prints that do not stand on their own, largely due to the low weight of the hollow prints. There was no indication on the Shapeway site that these would be hollow nor could one select hollow or massive print option. Even worse than that, one figure has part of the snout of the head missing. I have already complained to their customer service. How can they not check the quality of the items they ship? First and last time I ordered something from Shapeways. I will order any custom printed models from Dinosauriacreatures in the future. Based on discussions in this forum, they seem to provide good quality products.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.