News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2023 - Poll

Started by DinoToyForum, October 04, 2023, 11:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for up to five dioramas

1. Leaping (Fish) Lizards!
10 (11.8%)
2. Everything the light touches, is her kingdom
2 (2.4%)
3. Permian Snack
5 (5.9%)
4. Our leviathan labour of love: from Dinosaurs to Plesiosaurs all in one landscape
13 (15.3%)
5. Dad! There's trilobites in the bath again!
9 (10.6%)
6. Just a little bite. What's the worst that can happen?
17 (20%)
7. Lord of the Sorna
2 (2.4%)
8. Burian's procession
10 (11.8%)
9. Dilophosaurus
12 (14.1%)
10. Diabloceratops at play in the Forest of Eden
2 (2.4%)
11. Let them fight
32 (37.6%)
12. The Approaching Storm
1 (1.2%)
13. Big fish little fish...lizard...thing...
2 (2.4%)
14. Welcome to the Gates of Hell
18 (21.2%)
15. Cretaceous Surprise
1 (1.2%)
16. River of Time
1 (1.2%)
17. Sultry feathers - yeah, this is, of course, the Mongolian Gobi!
52 (61.2%)
18. Hellish marshes
28 (32.9%)
19. Late Jurassic Confrontation
2 (2.4%)
20. Tianzhenosaurus digging in the forest
14 (16.5%)
21. PNSO Sinopliosaurus
12 (14.1%)
22. The Most Dangerous Game
0 (0%)
23. March of the Northmen
21 (24.7%)
24. Mammuthus columbi
12 (14.1%)
25. Taking Shelter
35 (41.2%)
26. Morning Stroll
9 (10.6%)
27. Too big for you
20 (23.5%)
28. There Can Be Only One
2 (2.4%)
29. Cave encounter
1 (1.2%)
30. Tuesday Last
10 (11.8%)
31. Swamp Dweller
17 (20%)
32. Dimetro-Dawn
1 (1.2%)
33. Snaggletooth
11 (12.9%)
34. Instinctively
2 (2.4%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Voting closed: October 18, 2023, 11:29:23 AM

DinoToyForum

The poll to decide the winners of the Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2023 is now open!

Good luck to all 34 participants and many thanks to everyone who made the effort to take part! Special thanks to all those who donated the optional 'entry fee'. And thanks also to everyone who takes the time to vote.

The poll will run for 14 days and you can vote for your top five entries. Take your time when voting because once you've selected your dioramas, they can't be changed later. Entrants can vote for themselves, but in the spirit of fair play I encourage you to cast all five votes for the entries you truly like the most. There is a strict forum rule limiting one forum account per person, to stop people cheating in polls by voting multiple times under different accounts. So don't do that, I take it very seriously and will be looking out for it. Do not attempt to manipulate the results of the poll by directing friends and family to it – I would consider that a form of cheating as this is a diorama contest not a popularity contest. (Edited to add: Anyone cheating in this way will be disqualified.) Votes will be anonymous to everyone except for the admin, me, and I will be looking out for foul play.

The diorama makers will remain anonymous throughout the voting process so please don't give any hints, clues, or discuss which dioramas belong to whom. Also, please don't discuss which dioramas you voted for or which you think are the best until after the poll closes. Otherwise, general discussion about the entries is more than welcome.

The contest rules and details of how the prizes will be allocated are here: https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10625.0 I'll confirm the winners once the poll has closed and contact the prize winners by email.

So, let's get down to business! The 'dinoramas' are as follows (please be patient to allow time for the pictures to load):

1. Leaping (Fish) Lizards!

2. Everything the light touches, is her kingdom

3. Permian Snack

4. Our leviathan labour of love: from Dinosaurs to Plesiosaurs all in one landscape

5. Dad! There's trilobites in the bath again!

6. Just a little bite. What's the worst that can happen?

7. Lord of the Sorna

8. Burian's procession

9. Dilophosaurus

10. Diabloceratops at play in the Forest of Eden

11. Let them fight

12. The Approaching Storm

13. Big fish little fish...lizard...thing...

14. Welcome to the Gates of Hell

15. Cretaceous Surprise

16. River of Time

17. Sultry feathers - yeah, this is, of course, the Mongolian Gobi!

18. Hellish marshes

19. Late Jurassic Confrontation

20. Tianzhenosaurus digging in the forest

21. PNSO Sinopliosaurus

22. The Most Dangerous Game

23. March of the Northmen

24. Mammuthus columbi

25. Taking Shelter

26. Morning Stroll

27. Too big for you

28. There Can Be Only One

29. Cave encounter

30. Tuesday Last

31. Swamp Dweller

32. Dimetro-Dawn

33. Snaggletooth

34. Instinctively

Arul

Hi, may i know what figure is no.1 and no. 33 ? Thanks in advance

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Arul on October 04, 2023, 11:54:22 AMHi, may i know what figure is no.1 and no. 33 ? Thanks in advance

I think the ichthyosaur in 1 is the PNSO Ophthalmosaurus: https://www.amazon.com/Ophthalmosaurus-Ichthyosaur-Ichthyosauridae-Toys-Educational/dp/B08JHRJN1L

ceratopsian

What a pleasure to have a goodly slew of entries to browse through - I've seriously missed this competition the last few years. Many thanks to avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum for all his work. I've created my shortlist, just need to whittle it down over the next few days....  an enjoyable though rather testing task!

Abobo

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Arul on October 04, 2023, 11:54:22 AMHi, may i know what figure is no.1 and no. 33 ? Thanks in advance

Looks like a heavily customized Schleich Dinogorgon.

Gwangi

Quote from: Lanthanotus on October 04, 2023, 05:44:32 PM

Looks like a heavily customized Schleich Dinogorgon.

That's the conclusion I've come to also.

triceratops83

Just voted for my favourites. A lot of really nice entries this year - a difficult choice!
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Federreptil

I have also voted. Unfortunately one favourite got lost because I have learned the last days here something about outdating. But so I was not in trouble to have not enough votes  ;)

Halichoeres

There's some very nice work here! In the end I voted for four that really embodied the idea of a diorama for me.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Stunt_Kitty_Films

My wife and I had a blast last night sifting through the entries assembling our top five. It was tough- great work all the way around. Congrats to all the entrants. And thanks to the admin for running the show. It's a great way to celebrate our hobby. Cheers.

Crackington

Was hard deciding, but have voted for the 5!

I really enjoyed all of the entries, even seeing my ropey one! Well done everyone and big thanks to Dr Admin!

Dusty Wren

Lovely entries this year. Kudos to all the folks who had to get up early and lay down in the dirt to get such nice photos ;D
Check out my customs thread!

HD-man

Just voted! I'm curious to see not only who wins, but how much of the vote each nominee gets🤔
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Pliosaurking

Fantastic dioramas! This is my first year participating (voting) and there are some really nice ones here I must say!

ceratopsian

I slept on my short list, and my final five emerged.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: DinoToyForum on October 04, 2023, 11:29:23 AMDo not attempt to manipulate the results of the poll by directing friends and family to it – I would consider that a form of cheating as this is a diorama contest not a popularity contest.

C:-)  I want to highlight the above and add that anyone cheating in this way will be disqualified. C:-)

Halichoeres

So I'm almost certain I voted, but I'm logged in today on a different computer, and I'm seeing the "submit vote" option. Did my vote not go through, or is it just serving me the option again because it's a different IP address?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ceratopsian

I voted on my desktop. Currently on my phone and I don't get the option of voting again avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres.

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2023, 05:51:39 PMSo I'm almost certain I voted, but I'm logged in today on a different computer, and I'm seeing the "submit vote" option. Did my vote not go through, or is it just serving me the option again because it's a different IP address?

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Halichoeres on October 07, 2023, 05:51:39 PMSo I'm almost certain I voted, but I'm logged in today on a different computer, and I'm seeing the "submit vote" option. Did my vote not go through, or is it just serving me the option again because it's a different IP address?

I just checked the database and your votes didn't go through. Maybe you didn't click the submit button. Anyway, the voting is member-specific, not IP-specific, so it shouldn't matter what device or IP you are on, members can only vote once.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.