News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO Dunkelosteus accuracy?

Started by andrewsaurus rex, November 04, 2023, 11:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrewsaurus rex

I've been eyeing PNSO's Dunkelosteus but am wondering about it's accuracy.  According to a recent study, Dunk. was short and stubby not long and slender-ish.   Is PNSO's model out of date already?

crazy8wizard

I think because of the size and shape of the tail fluke it was already dated before the size re-estimate.

Mellow Stego

The verdict is honesty still out.
I don't think it's a good idea to wait for a "accurate" model of this guy. What sounds good today might be wrong tomorrow. All we really know is what its head looks like and that it's a fish.

The PNSO model is a great interpretation of a creature we know very little about.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.