News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: CHAOS THEORY

Started by Prehistory Resurrection, November 06, 2023, 06:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPuggy

I'd love if they brought the campers to Sorna, maybe they have to stop a poaching operation LW styled.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: JPuggy on June 11, 2024, 02:19:16 PMI'd love if they brought the campers to Sorna, maybe they have to stop a poaching operation LW styled.

In universe Sorna is a barren..at least as far as we know. Though it wouldn't be the first time they retconned something major.

CityRaptor

It is claimed that Sorna is barren, but this could all be part of a conspiracy. Also according to Dinotracker.com:
Part of the Las Cinco Muertes Archipelago, Isla Sorna was leased by INGEN in 1982 and was the initial location for the R&D and birthplace of de-extinct wildlife for Jurassic Park. In 1999 the ownership of the island passed to the Masrani Global Corporation for the development of Jurassic World. The island is overseen by the Costa Rican government in close partnership with third party companies to safely contain and monitor any remaining dinosaurs that may still be present there.
The picture of Sorna on that website is also provided by Biosyn...go figure.

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

HD-man

"Vlogger turned investigative reporter, Brooklynn's attempts to get to the bottom of things may lead her into ever greater danger...": https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMtK7wL9Vrw5jwLuHZTwlsA/community?lb=UgkxXzgaCtg1yRLxJfLX9cCBnXyzqbdVVmcE
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

HD-man

Flaffy

According to the animators and artists, both seasons were basically complete. Just Netflix deciding to split them up into 2 separate chunks. I still wish we'd go back to the weekly episodic releases instead of this dopamine-frying binge method. Would keep discussion and general internet presence around the show longer.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on June 15, 2024, 09:37:32 PMAccording to the animators and artists, both seasons were basically complete. Just Netflix deciding to split them up into 2 separate chunks. I still wish we'd go back to the weekly episodic releases instead of this dopamine-frying binge method. Would keep discussion and general internet presence around the show longer.

They do this with a lot of their shows. Order a full season and break it up into two. I sort of lol at reports of a series being "renewed" when it's just the same season.

Flaffy

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 16, 2024, 06:20:56 AM
Quote from: Flaffy on June 15, 2024, 09:37:32 PMAccording to the animators and artists, both seasons were basically complete. Just Netflix deciding to split them up into 2 separate chunks. I still wish we'd go back to the weekly episodic releases instead of this dopamine-frying binge method. Would keep discussion and general internet presence around the show longer.

They do this with a lot of their shows. Order a full season and break it up into two. I sort of lol at reports of a series being "renewed" when it's just the same season.

Unfortunately sets up the unrealistic expectatio of a full season of animation being able to be completed within months, when in reality it takes years.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Flaffy on June 16, 2024, 01:31:09 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 16, 2024, 06:20:56 AM

Unfortunately sets up the unrealistic expectatio of a full season of animation being able to be completed within months, when in reality it takes years.

That it does. It makes more sense to do one episode a week as there will be a smaller gap between the last to the next.  I'm not sure but I think maybe tv shows used to do the same? They would have a spring season and a Fall season.

HD-man

HD-man

Prehistory Resurrection

New Chaos Theory McDonald's Happy Meal toys revealed;

Edit;
Here are more images:

I take what I said about the Captivz minis being better than these. The sculpts and paint actually look decent and the packaging looks nice.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Prehistory Resurrection on August 10, 2024, 05:02:48 PMNew Chaos Theory McDonald's Happy Meal toys revealed;

The mini Captivz ones look much better.

They do but these could be bigger.  Honestly I'm just surprised we are getting a real Dino toy in a happy meal.

HD-man

Prehistory Resurrection

Promotional ad for the Chaos Theory Happy Meal toys in this video. The T-Rex toy can be seen.

More images of the Chaos Theory Happy Meal toys:

I take what I said about the Captivz minis being better than these. The sculpts and paint actually look decent and the packaging looks nice.

Halichoeres

I know they're not, but these toys give me a bit of a Lego vibe.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gwangi

They're better than the first picture implied but the Captivz minis are still better than these. The inside surface of the Captivz's legs aren't hollow, for one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I doubt I'll collect them, but I will probably get them for the kids here when they demand nuggets. I think there is something in those things..addictive lol

HD-man

william555

I'm impressed by the Chaos Theory Happy Meal toys! The sculpts and paint jobs do look decent, and the packaging is nice too. I can see why some people are getting a Lego vibe from them.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: