News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Tetzoocon 2023

Started by Flaffy, November 16, 2023, 01:21:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Jed Taylor Tetzoocon exclusive Velociraptor model:
"@ruadhribrennan and myself are proud to present another in our line of Velociraptor models. These are hand-painted, limited edition and will be available at #TetZooCon next month." - @JedTaylorArtist

Standing ver.

Spoiler

[close]

Sitting ver.

Spoiler

[close]

Walking ver.

Spoiler

[close]

Rebecca Groom Paleoplushies soft model line:
"Plushies I have planned:
-Polacanthus
-CPD Megalosaurus
-CPD Iguanodon
-Anzu
-Sturgeons
-Tiktaalik
-Pholiderpeton
-Parasaurolophus
-Olorotitan
-Assorted fish/extra stock" - P @Palaeoplushies

Flaffy

Best model of Velociraptor I've seen from anyone. Unsurprising given that Jed Taylor is one of the best dromaeosaur paleoartists out there. I'm assuming it's resin though so it's definitely out of my usual scope for collecting.

DefinitelyNOTDilo

Damn, now I'm even sadder I can't go to tetzoocon.

Baryonyx

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

I got to go this year! I got a 3D printed copy of the Invicta Pteranodon that Darren was selling, but I lost it in the airport on the way home. I was incredibly sad that I waited too long to buy the "All Yesterdays" models, too.  :'(
The overall event was super fun, though! And my PalaeoPlushies Kuhli Loach and Paint-A-Pliosaur model both made it safely home, at least. The Paint-A-Pliosaur event was a great activity, too.
Here's my writeup of the event, with some pics of all my swag, as well!
https://dinodadreviews.com/2023/12/29/tetzoocon-2023/

I'm glad I got the chance to buy these books directly from their authors while I was at TetZooCon!

De första dinosaurierna by Stavros Svensson Kundromichalis

The Bone Cabin Chronicles: An Antediluvian ABeCeDarium by Steve White

Bread

Great to hear about TetZooCon!

Also fantastic reviews on both those books.

DE FÖRSTA DINOSAURIERNA in particular caught my eye. The illustrations in particular are lovely! Do you happen to know if this comes in english?

Quote from: Bread on January 25, 2024, 10:23:25 PMGreat to hear about TetZooCon!

DE FÖRSTA DINOSAURIERNA in particular caught my eye. The illustrations in particular are lovely! Do you happen to know if this comes in english?

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the reviews.
The author/illustrator, Stavros Kundramichelis, is looking into an English translation, though I don't think work has started on that yet. If you want a Swedish copy in the meantime, you may have to try reaching out to him personally, as  the websites it's currently available on sadly don't seem to ship outside of Sweden.  :'(

Bread

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on February 06, 2024, 03:37:14 AM
Quote from: Bread on January 25, 2024, 10:23:25 PMGreat to hear about TetZooCon!

Thank you! I'm glad you liked the reviews.
The author/illustrator, Stavros Kundramichelis, is looking into an English translation, though I don't think work has started on that yet. If you want a Swedish copy in the meantime, you may have to try reaching out to him personally, as  the websites it's currently available on sadly don't seem to ship outside of Sweden.  :'(
Well that sounds good, and I don't mind the wait. Collecting prehistoric books are usually a side thing for me anyways, but I'm definitely having this as a future high priority purchase. Unfortunate about the only shipping to Sweden, again I'll just wait for the possible english release.

Reuben03

Quote from: Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews) on January 07, 2024, 02:39:04 AMI got to go this year! I got a 3D printed copy of the Invicta Pteranodon that Darren was selling, but I lost it in the airport on the way home. I was incredibly sad that I waited too long to buy the "All Yesterdays" models, too.  :'(
The overall event was super fun, though! And my PalaeoPlushies Kuhli Loach and Paint-A-Pliosaur model both made it safely home, at least. The Paint-A-Pliosaur event was a great activity, too.
Here's my writeup of the event, with some pics of all my swag, as well!
https://dinodadreviews.com/2023/12/29/tetzoocon-2023/

that paint a pliosaur workshop was the most fun ive had like, ever. was awesome being in a room full of people who get me.

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')