News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

What I ordered does not look like what I got or expected I guess. :(

Started by Raistlin, December 31, 2012, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raistlin

So I ordered the Papo Allosarus and it looks great I am very happy with it.

I also orderedthe Schleich Tyrannosaurus {Retired}.

http://www.happyhentoys.com/sch16448.html

The photo they show looks more colorful and detailed compared to what I got. The teeth and claws on mine are very dark almost as deep a brown as the dino itself which is virtually one shade of brown. The eyes are also so dark they nearly blend in with the dino as well.

Is it supposed to look this way or should there be more color? I guess I was expecting it to look more like the photo.

It is new in the bag and I have not taken it out yet, add to that that my photo taking skills often suck is why I am lacking my own photo.

Thanks

Raistlin

Raistlin

Nevermind, I found one on here.

From this thread.

http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,196.msg3625.html#msg3625

Mine looks just like this. I guess it is what it is supposed to be. The photo they show on the website though is a bit misleading. I guess it is due to lighting though. Their new T-Rex is much more detailed I recently bought my son one. It is green though and has a moving jaw (and my wife found out the tongue comes out too lol).

Not that it is not a cool dino, it is just that I lke the more detailed dinos.

Raistlin

Roselaar

How could anyone still be disappointed in Schleich these days, many folks' opinion on that company are so (deservedly) low it would have to work very hard indeed to really disappoint. :)

DinoToyForum

This is one figure we still need to review on the dinotoyblog :) I'd anticipate a pretty poor review though ;)

SBell

Quote from: Roselaar on January 01, 2013, 07:39:14 PM
How could anyone still be disappointed in Schleich these days, many folks' opinion on that company are so (deservedly) low it would have to work very hard indeed to really disappoint. :)

Well, if someone intentionally ordered it, they might have had high hopes. But yes, it is a ridiculous figure that actually failed to really improve on their original kangaroo-rex (from 1999!).

Raistlin

I am not saying it is not a good toy mind you. My son will/would love it. Myself though, I am looking for the more realistic looking dinos.

The photo they showed on the site looked a bit more detailed/realistic. But now looking at it I think it might have been the lighting that made it look different than it is. Of course they need a close up photo so that one can get a better look at it.

As far as Schleich goes I like their new T-Rex personally. It at looks a bit more detiled than the one I bought  :))

Personally I think the Bullyland ammonites (both the big and the small) are more realistic than this T-Rex.

There are some Schleich dinos I like, this happens to be one I am not to fond of though.  ;D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.