News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

NANMU---new for 2024

Started by dragon53, January 01, 2024, 02:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Don't doubt Tyrannosaurus sells so that's why they keep making them. But I am perplexed to their reasoning behind not wanting to make a JWD Therizinosaurus.

I'm surprised they consider the Stegosaurus a poor seller since it's pretty much sold out everywhere. Maybe the mainland China sales are a more important indicator for them? The Ceratosaurus however I'm not surprised by at all. It's not based on the JP3 design (something Nanmu fans undoubtedly have been asking for), and it's not even close to being scientifically accurate, thus not capturing the attention of scientific collectors; i.e. it doesn't have a target audience. They keep producing models that not a whole lot of people ask for (e.g. Mordred), or flop on the execution (e.g. overpriced resin paddock fences).

I personally do not understand why they chose to make the ariculated raptors at 1/12, when I'm sure there would be much greater demand for either 1/18 (to scale with Hammond Collection), or 1/6 scale.

Joel1905

Those articulated Raptors do look good! I wonder why they haven't done a Dilophosaurus, though?

On an unrelated note, is anyone willing to part with any of the JP human character figurines?

Blade-of-the-Moon

It doesn't make a lot of sense to me either and I've collected them since the very first pieces, Indoraptor and Indominus.  I do agree it seems like a lot of times they just make what they want to make regardless of what anyone else wants. Proper polls across their social media platform would be pretty telling I think.   

You would think they would want to fill niches other companies aren't filling. Theri, Quetz and a new Indominus. Instead we get a Kong that sort of looks like the 2005 film version that a lot of collectors have moved on from. If your going to copy something why not the newest ones?

Maybe they have had a lot of bad luck this past year? The Dragon Soul pieces are desirable but too rare. I did finally buy a Mordred at bottom dollar for my dragon collection but it really seemed like they had no idea where to go with that one? It felt like a Chimera of different collectors desires?  The fencing will never sell for that price. They did that sale but it seemed haphazardly put together. I found nothing in it to purchase.  The past releases do hold a bit of value to resell but not much more than retail.

The poseable figures looks good, I'm pretty curious to see them in person, though as I said before I don't know why they keep saying " here are these. we will do better in the future. " ? 

They skipped a lot of JP/LW/and JW species and the Raptors are the only ones so far they have made that are on the smaller side scaled up.

I hope it's not getting near the end for them. All it takes is a few bad business decisions though.

Blade-of-the-Moon

For anyone wanting the Nanmu Kong, Lana put this up just now.

QuoteThe pre-sale will be stopped on January 20.
Estimated time of shipment: late March 2024
NANMU STUDIO KING OF GIANT APES FIGURE adopts a replacement arm, and the scheme is high intensity magnetic self-priming.
NANMU STUDIO may consider giving it more powerful weapons against danger.
It will be given away free of charge in future planning products.
MATERIAL: RESIN, MAGNETIC REPLACEABLE ARM DESIGN.
SIZE: THE HIGHEST POINT IS ABOUT 23CM(INCLUDING BASE)
Price: 114.99 USD, deposit for 50 USD.
Please click the link on our home page to search for "APES" or order it directly via Order Link(www.lanatime-shop.com/products/nanmuapes)
We accept credit card and paypal payments on our website. kindly select your preferred payment method during checkout. thank you!
We also have AliExpress and Amazon stores, if you need them, please DM us.
#APES #NANMU

Maybe preorders will help Nanmu.

I still don't understand the whole "replaceable arm" thing? They might make a new arm in the future you can switch out?

Takama

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 08, 2024, 01:45:07 AMIt doesn't make a lot of sense to me either and I've collected them since the very first pieces, Indoraptor and Indominus.  I do agree it seems like a lot of times they just make what they want to make regardless of what anyone else wants. Proper polls across their social media platform would be pretty telling I think.   

You would think they would want to fill niches other companies aren't filling. Theri, Quetz and a new Indominus. Instead we get a Kong that sort of looks like the 2005 film version that a lot of collectors have moved on from. If your going to copy something why not the newest ones?

Maybe they have had a lot of bad luck this past year? The Dragon Soul pieces are desirable but too rare. I did finally buy a Mordred at bottom dollar for my dragon collection but it really seemed like they had no idea where to go with that one? It felt like a Chimera of different collectors desires?  The fencing will never sell for that price. They did that sale but it seemed haphazardly put together. I found nothing in it to purchase.  The past releases do hold a bit of value to resell but not much more than retail.

The poseable figures looks good, I'm pretty curious to see them in person, though as I said before I don't know why they keep saying " here are these. we will do better in the future. " ? 

They skipped a lot of JP/LW/and JW species and the Raptors are the only ones so far they have made that are on the smaller side scaled up.

I hope it's not getting near the end for them. All it takes is a few bad business decisions though.

Honestly,    this bad relationship with customers along with the constant fact, they change there focus on whatever they do, from, basic Jusrrsic Figures with humans from the films (which I enjoyed an awful lot, until) they focused too much on animal redundacey and rare HIGHLY BREAKABLE  Resin figures that made one of my go to sources for their figures stop carrying those versions, and now they want too make Action Figures? They are clearly just throwing **** at the wall just to see what sticks.

I recently started selling my nanmu collection as I found some better people on the Indepedant artist market,  who can make whatever the custumer desires.   Includeing Jurrasic Franchies species. 

I wanted to love you Nanmu, but you just disspointed me in the world of Dinosaur "toys", and thats says a lot, considering your main focus is on Pop Culture Replicas (if the Ape is anything to go by)

Faelrin

avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy 1/12 is a pretty popular action figure scale. That said, it doesn't really lend itself well to Jurassic, as we've seen with the former Mattel Amber Collection. I agree that 1/18 should have been the scale of choice. And now they have folks asking for a T. rex, etc in scale with the raptors, which Nanmu themselves say cannot be done, unaffordable for them and most of their customers, which they could have avoided if they went with 1/18 from the start. It would have helped give a much needed alternative competitor to the Mattel HC.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking It definitely seems strange how much push back they have against doing the Therizinosaurus, despite its popularity. Its popularity was what helped it get into Dominion in the first place. Didn't they also do a tease of it a while back?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Takama on January 08, 2024, 04:24:08 AM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 08, 2024, 01:45:07 AMIt doesn't make a lot of sense to me either and I've collected them since the very first pieces, Indoraptor and Indominus.  I do agree it seems like a lot of times they just make what they want to make regardless of what anyone else wants. Proper polls across their social media platform would be pretty telling I think. 

Honestly,    this bad relationship with customers along with the constant fact, they change there focus on whatever they do, from, basic Jusrrsic Figures with humans from the films (which I enjoyed an awful lot, until) they focused too much on animal redundacey and rare HIGHLY BREAKABLE  Resin figures that made one of my go to sources for their figures stop carrying those versions, and now they want too make Action Figures? They are clearly just throwing **** at the wall just to see what sticks.

I recently started selling my nanmu collection as I found some better people on the Indepedant artist market,  who can make whatever the custumer desires.  Includeing Jurrasic Franchies species. 

I wanted to love you Nanmu, but you just disspointed me in the world of Dinosaur "toys", and thats says a lot, considering your main focus is on Pop Culture Replicas (if the Ape is anything to go by)

Doing the same species over and over I can understand gets a bit stale. The  few resin pieces they have made have been quite few as I recall?

Don't get me wrong, they do fantastic detail and their paint work is top notch. I mean the teeth are cast in semi translucent material making them look quite good and realistic.

Pop Culture is nothing new for Nanmu with Jurassic and Kong related pieces previously. Honestly I'm fine if they dove head long in to it. Godzilla, Smaug, all sorts of pop culture pieces would turn out great from them I'm sure.

I've really have no idea what their criteria are though for producing something, as you said it does almost seem to be to try something and see if it works. Even then they don't keep up with it though jumping to something else. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on January 08, 2024, 05:32:45 AMavatar_Flaffy @Flaffy 1/12 is a pretty popular action figure scale. That said, it doesn't really lend itself well to Jurassic, as we've seen with the former Mattel Amber Collection. I agree that 1/18 should have been the scale of choice. And now they have folks asking for a T. rex, etc in scale with the raptors, which Nanmu themselves say cannot be done, unaffordable for them and most of their customers, which they could have avoided if they went with 1/18 from the start. It would have helped give a much needed alternative competitor to the Mattel HC.

avatar_Carnoking @Carnoking It definitely seems strange how much push back they have against doing the Therizinosaurus, despite its popularity. Its popularity was what helped it get into Dominion in the first place. Didn't they also do a tease of it a while back?

Who knows, they could make the raptors again in a smaller scale. Doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

They did tease the Theri as Sickle Dragon I believe. They also said they were doing a pterosaur probably Quetzalcoatlus.

Bread

Quote from: Flaffy on January 08, 2024, 12:17:32 AMThey keep producing models that not a whole lot of people ask for (e.g. Mordred), or flop on the execution (e.g. overpriced resin paddock fences).
So uh... fun fact, they did release affordable (if you consider $30 affordable) paddock fences resembling the classic Tyrannosaurus paddock fences.

Here's the aliexpress link:
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $26.99  55% Off | New Nanmu Enclosure Model For Dinosaur https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKmeERq

But, funny enough Nanmu never posted the release info on this. It was teased a while back, but never again mentioned. I just so happen to find it on aliexpress and purchase one, which I have yet to assemble, been too busy unfortunately.

Quote from: Takama on January 08, 2024, 04:24:08 AMI recently started selling my nanmu collection as I found some better people on the Indepedant artist market,  who can make whatever the custumer desires.  Includeing Jurrasic Franchies species. 
If you're selling the Nanmu duller Stegosaurus variant, I may be interested.

I'm glad more and more people are venturing into customs. I find it more desirable personally, plus it supports the artist and the craftsmanship. I know you have already quite a few spectacular pieces done by Art by Anz, avatar_Takama @Takama

Carnoking

Hmmmmm.... now those fences just may be worth it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Carnoking on January 09, 2024, 03:44:19 AMHmmmmm.... now those fences just may be worth it.

Only one per customer though? Need at least two to make a section.

Faelrin

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Yeah they could do that. I mean David did with his 1/6 raptors after all.

I think that could very well be the reason people keep pestering them about it. Why tease it, if they don't want to release it anytime soon?
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Faelrin on January 09, 2024, 05:11:52 AMavatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon Yeah they could do that. I mean David did with his 1/6 raptors after all.

I think that could very well be the reason people keep pestering them about it. Why tease it, if they don't want to release it anytime soon?

That he did. It makes a lot of sense to do so.

I'm sure that's a big part of it. But we know other companies, one big one in particular, that likes to announce a LOT of things and only seems to make a few of them so it does happen.  They might be torn between an accurate and a JW version? That's probably reaching but it IS  popular Asian species.

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 09, 2024, 05:01:29 AM
Quote from: Carnoking on January 09, 2024, 03:44:19 AMHmmmmm.... now those fences just may be worth it.

I agree that it should be longer and that 2 is really needed, but I feel as though the images make the fence feel smaller than it is in hand.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bread on January 09, 2024, 02:24:28 PM

I agree that it should be longer and that 2 is really needed, but I feel as though the images make the fence feel smaller than it is in hand.

It's just an odd selection instead of two poles and the fence between you have three poles. I'm sure it would roughly scale with any of their larger figures, primarily the Rex, Spino, Giga, and Indominus?

Prehistory Resurrection

Bread

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 09, 2024, 04:49:06 PM
Quote from: Bread on January 09, 2024, 02:24:28 PM

It's just an odd selection instead of two poles and the fence between you have three poles. I'm sure it would roughly scale with any of their larger figures, primarily the Rex, Spino, Giga, and Indominus?
Definitely. Although I would say that the Once and Future King (AKA the Buck) is a bit oversized compared to the fence.

Though PNSO figures really scale well with the gates if you're going for a "more accurate Jurassic Park" display.

dragon53

need4swede

Is anyone here getting the Kong? It looks great, but a bit more than I would like to spend. I have some articulated Kong figures that look great, but they don't scale well with the new Nanmu VRex.
- Swede

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: need4swede on January 10, 2024, 04:24:42 PMIs anyone here getting the Kong? It looks great, but a bit more than I would like to spend. I have some articulated Kong figures that look great, but they don't scale well with the new Nanmu VRex.

Not me. I've bought two Kong figures ever, the Neca 50s one and the Rebor one painted Blizzard from Primal Rage which I've sold already..just got tired of waiting on either a Diablo or Sauron Rex.  I've just never been a Kong fan, I first saw him kill a Trex and that was it..big stoopid monkey killing dinosaurs.  ^-^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: