News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeysaurus

Artists version from Paleofiguras Facebook

SidB

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on July 25, 2024, 01:42:27 PM

Artists version from Paleofiguras Facebook
Nice. The coloration reminds me of that of the new Baryonyx.

thomasw100

Honestly, I think that the original red-orange paint scheme is much better than this one. Both original paint designs are beautiful. The white accents on this one very much remind me of the white squiggly lines that have plagued several earlier Haolonggood releases. They are just put on top of everything else without any gradients or smooth transitions.

PoptartDoodle

I love these colors, reminds me of Prehistoric Planet's Tarbosaurus.

TlatolophusJuanorum

It's been a while since I got my Green and Blue S. ungulatus, but unfortunately I've been very busy ever since. Now, with rain season up ahead with "La NiƱa" happening now in my region, plenty of flora has grown lately, so here I come after a while with these beautiful pictures, along with PNSOs S.stenops  :)) If you want another comparison, go ahead without hesitation.

Now the hype comes for Huayangosaurus, Einiosaurus, Styracosaurus and any feathered theropod possible.   ^-^   

Sim

The only upcoming species Haolonggood has shown that I'm interested in are the Huayangosaurus and Utahceratops.  I am interested in what theropods Haolonggood will make next too though!

Turkeysaurus

Waiting for a Chonky Camarasaurus & Funky colored Styracosaurus.

thomasw100

I am looking forward to all of the herbivores which should be released according to the catalogue. Essentially all releases of this year have been greet, so I expect no less for what should still come. I am not sure about the Styracosaurus though. I have the PNSO one and this is very very nice, but unfortunately a bit too large. It will very much depend on how I like the sculpt and paint design as well as the size if I will be exchanging my PNSO by the Haolonggood one. Further down the road, I still hope that one of the two large sauropods will be released.

Turkeysaurus

I'm in love with PNSO Styracosaurus but waiting  for HLG version to make my final decision.

thebermuda303

Quote from: Sim on July 26, 2024, 12:58:45 AMThe only upcoming species Haolonggood has shown that I'm interested in are the Huayangosaurus and Utahceratops.  I am interested in what theropods Haolonggood will make next too though!
If they keep up the 2 figures per month, we should get 4 carnivores before the end of the year. Hoping for a tarbosaurus! Hatzegopteryx seems likely since we got a glimpse of it some time ago as well.

SidB

Quote from: thebermuda303 on July 26, 2024, 10:59:51 AM
Quote from: Sim on July 26, 2024, 12:58:45 AMThe only upcoming species Haolonggood has shown that I'm interested in are the Huayangosaurus and Utahceratops.  I am interested in what theropods Haolonggood will make next too though!
If they keep up the 2 figures per month, we should get 4 carnivores before the end of the year. Hoping for a tarbosaurus! Hatzegopteryx seems likely since we got a glimpse of it some time ago as well.
The Hatz will be a most welcome change of pace.

Flaffy

Amargasaurus. More pics on Paleofiguras.

Flaffy

Unfortunately seems to be missing the first unpaired spike. Nor does it have a full and connected sail.

It looks good, but I don't see much reason to replace my the Amargasaurus in my collection.

shahinos

How is that not a connected sail?

Flaffy

Quote from: shahinos on July 28, 2024, 01:36:26 PMHow is that not a connected sail?

The model reconstructs it with two distinct parallel sails. A 1997 hypothesis suggest a soft tissue "scaffolding" between them given how narrow the gap is between the two rows of spines (only 3-7cm wide). In 2022 osteohistology of the spines further supports the spines being highly vascularised and fully covered.

By Fred Wierum

thomasw100

The Amargasaurus looks very nice. The sculpt is great and both paint schemes are beautiful. It is unfortunate that they did not incorporate the mot recent reconstructions with the connected sail that would fully cover the neural spines. This figure seems to be something in between the old reconstructions with just isolated and uncovered spines and the most recent ones with the fully covered spines. Beyond doubt the most accurate model of Amargasaurus is the one by Paleokhris. But considering the costs of the Paleokhris model, including the 3D printing, shipping and then also a painting commission as well as the risks of transport damage when shipping this back and forth, this option is right now not on the table. As I do not have an Amargasaurus yet, I might actually be getting the Haolonggood one.

shahinos

Quote from: Flaffy on July 28, 2024, 01:48:25 PM
Quote from: shahinos on July 28, 2024, 01:36:26 PMHow is that not a connected sail?

The model reconstructs it with two distinct parallel sails. A 1997 hypothesis suggest a soft tissue "scaffolding" between them given how narrow the gap is between the two rows of spines (only 3-7cm wide). In 2022 osteohistology of the spines further supports the spines being highly vascularised amd fully covered.

By Fred Wierum

Aha, never thought the spikes would connect like that, thanks!

Pinbacker

HLG Amargasaurus is already up on My Online Toystore on AliExpress. $29.99 USD

thomasw100

Honestly, I do not understand the philosophy of Haolonggood any more. Last year, they stated that they would like to engage more with the community and collect feedback for prototypes of their figures. Then they involved the community mostly when it comes to paint designs of some of their figures (Alamosaurus, Stegosaurus), beyond doubt the most controversial aspect of a dinosaur figure where you can never please everyone. But they did not engage much with the community when it comes to scientific accuracy of their figures, where input would have the greatest benefit. OK they made a few modifications to the Stegosaurus and Euoplocephalos, but then this was it. Taking input on the Amargasaurus into account would have been highly beneficial for them, both in terms of their reputation and in terms of sales figures of the Amargasaurus. If they had updated the Amargasaurus to the modern reconstructions with the fully covered sail, many people who have already an older Amargasaurus would probably have purchased this new one, but now they will miss out on this business opportunity.

Faelrin

A shame it misses out on those details, but I'm willing to let that slide since it is otherwise nice looking. Need a more up to date one in my collection anyways. I think I'm leaning on the brown. I like the white markings on the backside.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: