News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

HAOLONGGOOD - New for 2024

Started by postsaurischian, January 14, 2024, 10:31:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flaffy

Primeval12

Gonna be an instant buy for me! I love the colors on both.

Carnoking

Darn white squiggly lines are back, really throwing off my love for that blue/green frill. That said, brown variant is quite a lovely alternative

Flaffy

Quote from: Carnoking on September 14, 2024, 04:22:31 AMDarn white squiggly lines are back, really throwing off my love for that blue/green frill. That said, brown variant is quite a lovely alternative

Looks better under natural lighting. I'm a fan of both so far, but will likely hold off on purchasing until HLG reveals the colour schemes for the rest of their planned ceratopsians. That way I can avoid duplicate colour schemes as HLG tends to reuse them for different models.

Blade-of-the-Moon

thomasw100

The brown one is my favorite of the two. The pattern reminds very much of patterns we see in nature on piglets of wild boar. Unfortunately they got the number of painted nails on the manus wrong again. But this can be corrected fairly easily. Lana Time Shop has the Xenoceratops already up for purchase at 19.99 USD.

thomasw100

Some more pictures from Lana which show the frill in all its glory.

Pliosaurking

Gorgeous looking figures, I do prefer the Blue one. The yellow one is also really nice but it's rather similar to their yellow Pentaceratops which I already have.
I definitely got to catch up on quite a few of their releases as well...

bmathison1972

Oh my goodness!!!! The blue one for me, definitely.

Quiversaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on September 14, 2024, 04:00:44 AMXenoceratops!

I like that the osteoderms on the body are  highlighted / coloured!

Gwangi

I've been looking forward to this one and am not disappointed. I'll be getting the blue one for sure, mostly because of the colors on that frill! I don't care for the squiggly lines but that's my only complaint.

Pachyventer

Xenoceratops is available on Amazon. Got a copy: so blue... so mine)))

oscars_dinos

I feel like the in hand pics will look a lot better but, the color scheme looks a bit to, toyish? at least for me

Turkeysaurus

Quote from: oscars_dinos on September 14, 2024, 03:56:59 PMI feel like the in hand pics will look a lot better but, the color scheme looks a bit to, toyish? at least for me

Yeah not a fan of these but i don't mind because it wasn't a model i look for.

I have more worries about Styracosaurus now though.

SidB

Quote from: Pachyventer on September 14, 2024, 03:50:49 PMXenoceratops is available on Amazon. Got a copy: so blue... so mine)))
Bought the blue!

GojiraGuy1954

Haolonggood's ceratopsians continue to be totally unmatched in quality across the board
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

GojiraGuy1954

Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 14, 2024, 04:42:28 PM
Quote from: oscars_dinos on September 14, 2024, 03:56:59 PMI feel like the in hand pics will look a lot better but, the color scheme looks a bit to, toyish? at least for me

I think i've only ever seen you complain about models you don't like on here
Shrek 4 is an underrated masterpiece

oscars_dinos

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 14, 2024, 06:49:12 PM
Quote from: Turkeysaurus on September 14, 2024, 04:42:28 PM

I think i've only ever seen you complain about models you don't like on here
everyone's entitled

Turkeysaurus

Diabloceratops and this so far and they are similar.

thomasw100

Quote from: GojiraGuy1954 on September 14, 2024, 06:49:12 PMI think i've only ever seen you complain about models you don't like on here

This seems not to be correct if you would read all his comments. Just few days ago there was a praising post about the Alamosaurus. I know Haolonggood is now for some the "in" company and any even balanced and fair criticism will result in comments that border on or are outright personal.

This is something I do not understand. Yes Haolonggood is doing a great job with their line of figures and yes they have massively improved in just a year and yes their sauropods are amazing and deserve praise.

But one can praise everything that is positive and at the same time criticize what one believes is negative. In between many improvements there are things that I would call a retrogression.

Like the reappearance of the white squiggly lines on the blue-gray version of this Xenoceratops. This particular feature has been criticized by many and even reviewers like Dinos Dragons are not happy about this any more. It is therefore hard to understand why this keeps appearing every once in a while.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: